Tail lights for the sedan.....

Mopp

I'm looking for a supplier of black tail lights for the sedan, all i can find is the hatch ones, its frustrating.

Or would it be easier tinting parts of my originals (stock)

Let me know,

Really interested

I think there are different sedan tail lights available o/seas (Hong Kong or Singapore I think) They're similar to the JDM hatch lights, so the difference between them and the AUDM ones is that where the amber/yellow indicator lense and reverse lense is on the the AUDM ones, they have three horizontal white lines if you can picture that.

Good Luck getting them though.

I'm looking for a supplier of black tail lights for the sedan, all i can find is the hatch ones, its frustrating.

Let me know,

Really interested

Have you tried E-BAY? i couldn't find black ones for my hatch in melb,

went to E-BAY and it took all of 2 min. worth a shot

Let me know,

Really interested

Have you tried E-BAY? i couldn't find black ones for my hatch in melb,

went to E-BAY and it took all of 2 min. worth a shot

there is nothing on ebay at the moment .. in the way of sedan taillights

even looked on yahoo auctions in Japan and s'pore ...

nuffin

Cheers for the info people.

And ive tried most of the web sites i could search for and no lights, the $450 ones are way overpriced.

I might buy some black vinyl, take the lights out and put it on the inside of the lens, if thats possible, i havent taken the lights out b4.

And do the same for the fronts, and then ill have some cheap custom eyelids too.

I like to do things my own way :D

Cheers for the info people.

And ive tried most of the web sites i could search for and no lights, the $450 ones are way overpriced.

I might buy some black vinyl, take the lights out and put it on the inside of the lens, if thats possible, i havent taken the lights out b4.

And do the same for the fronts, and then ill have some cheap custom eyelids too.

I like to do things my own way :D

Coolz n Good on ya man...show us ur work of art wen u've fineshed! :D :yahoo:

tail lights for sedan i have a set in melb if anyone is interested. never used. i can tell you why it costs that much. firstly it is jdm so you should expect $150-$200 per lens for brand new. secondly you need sockets and you will need 8 per side since there is an extra brake light at the top of the lens. jdm sockets will cost another $100. original sockets from zze122 will not fit as toyota tooled the grooves differently and you would only have 3 sockets per side (not 4 for jdm)

with tinting you can go professional and have any panel beater do it by spraying acrylic with a touch of black then clear coating it and baking. or you can do it yourself if you are good making it even with a can of smoke paint from autocar shops.

i doubt you can stick vinyl on the inside of the lens as it is moulded with reflectors and patterns there is no flat surface. you can stick on the outside but watch out if you aim to wrap the entire lens it is a curved surface. if i was going to stick vinyl on the outside i would colour code it. although strange people use black stockings and wrap the outside of lens.

Edited by kcorro

dont think this place was mentioned earlier, maybe its one of the places jase (eggbert) was mentioning b4... but penrith toyota are apparently selling "all red" sedan tail lights

"New products: for the current model sedan we will be getting in some different tail lamps, they are all red. Will have pics soon."

i may be going down there this week to enquire about some other parts.

(depends when i finish my assignments for uni - GO UWS! GO!)

ill ask bout the sedan tail lights as well if anyone would like to know.

jase

Edited by JJCRU23R

UPDATE!

Went to penrith Toyota Parts to ask about the stuff they got on their website..

(ie. booster bodykits, front end from HK (i think tayles' frontend?) and the sedan tail lights.)

the guy shook his head n said "weve been trying to take that website offline because its ANCIENT... outdated"

recommended i go to castle hill toyota for aftermarket stuff! how crap iz that!?! can anyone confirm whether or not Castle Hill has this stuff? i seriously doubt they even know bout the booster kit...

sorry guyz!

so yea...

DONT GO TO THE PENRITH TOYOTA WEBSITE.