Toyota debuts Corolla sedan in China

At least it looks much better with the lines on the door and the horizontal grille as well as the headlights. I hope our version will be similar to theirs.

This is their version.

corolla_450.jpg

...while compared to this JDM version. IMHO I prefer their version, so what's your opinion?

main.jpg

More pictures from the launch event of Corolla in China.

4cd9y10.jpg

313opwj.jpg

4hie5j6.jpg

4htdwkz.jpg

453qkwj.jpg

2ry2cd2.jpg

2ez2yif.jpg

Edited by conquest976

looks like a mini camry, i like it :D

your right, but it's looks ok

I do the new dashes that toyota are puting in there cars (aurion, camry), gald to see it's move to the rolla now :D

looks like they have run out of idea's, just got the back of one car and the front of another and glued them together.....

i agree....

the back of the rolla just looks like the current shape of the US version.

I like the look of the front end and the instrument cluster ... the back end hmmm well ... If that is all you are wanting people to see it definetly needs to be better than what it currently looks.

Those in my age group would remember the shrinkies.....potato chip packets in the oven.......

mmmmmm :whistling: de ja vu

I might say though, it doesnt look that bad....interesting to see what the hatch will look like...

I like this version much better.

That from shoulder comes directly from the Civic. why can't Toyota get some real designers? instead of getting a lot of skillful copier?

I mean Celica, Rav4, LS250, etcs all have original design. Why not the corolla?

Yeah..kinda looks ok-ish but nothing special - thats for sure.

Looks like an overweight Corolla or an anorexic Camry - specially from the back. Pitty the designers couldnt have done a better job on a face lift rather than get some bi-spectical wombat Camry designer to bend a few panels a different way and call it the all new improved version - bit boring really.

I reckon if your gonna 'face lift' or 'up spec' a model - do it properly. An indication that they did a good job would be if we all wanted to trade our existing models and get one - as for me - no way!

Edited by MOZZ-ROLLA

Toyota aren't going to do something out of the extraordinary just for a few people who want something special, whatever that means. It's TOYOTA. Of course it's going to look similar to their Toyota range. You guys think they are going to risk it all on their best selling model? World's best selling model should I say. Why would they need to go out on a totally different design if their previous model sells well? It's a Corolla, what more do you expect?

They take the conservative approach and guess what, they sell. Look at it from their point of view. You think they're idiots or something? Some of you talk like it's their new performance car that doesn't meet your standards. Let the sales in the future do the talking I say. But hey, opinions are more than welcome.