Anyone ordered an Aurion?

Cosmo

Apparently the ZR6's and Presara's are in big demand. One of the hire car companies ordered alot of the Presara's and apparently thats why there a long wait.

Have been quoted a 3 month delivery on Presara, and a guy who bought a couple of weeks later a 5 month delivery (Mar to Aug )! Between the hire cars and the Middle East export markets (especially with the moonroof option) the private domestic market seems to be having a rough shake. Does anyone REALLY know why the Presara/ZR6 output is taking such a long delivery time ?

It seems to me that high priority is given to leased cars. Mine is a leased car ordered in mid-Jan and delivered in four weeks time. My colleague ordered his in Feb and the build is scheduled for May.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently the ZR6's and Presara's are in big demand. One of the hire car companies ordered alot of the Presara's and apparently thats why there a long wait.

Have been quoted a 3 month delivery on Presara, and a guy who bought a couple of weeks later a 5 month delivery (Mar to Aug )! Between the hire cars and the Middle East export markets (especially with the moonroof option) the private domestic market seems to be having a rough shake. Does anyone REALLY know why the Presara/ZR6 output is taking such a long delivery time ?

It seems to me that high priority is given to leased cars. Mine is a leased car ordered in mid-Jan and delivered in four weeks time. My colleague ordered his in Feb and the build is scheduled for May.

interesting i am waiting for a May build Presara too. I am not so sure i want to if there is a big hire company order causing the delay. if so I will screw them down harder F@$^ the deposit double the discount or put it into stock

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my ZR6 in late March and got it a week later. I initially ordered the blue, which they had, then i changed my mind and got the white, the dealer swapped it from another dealer.

Got the ZR6 with sportivo floor mats and tint, for $42,200 driveaway. (seems to be the going price)

Absolutely love it.

front.jpg

Edited by DKzr6

My colleague ordered a ZR6 with the sunroof and sat nav in mid-Jan. Dealer rang up a few days ago and said car would be ready in early May.

This seems to confirm my suspicion that the sun/moon roof is one of the more significant rate determining steps for delivery ... bizarre as that seems !! Anyone ordered ANY aurion vairant with said roof that was delivered other than in glacial time ?

• 3 weeks later...

So finally, after a week of delay (probs with rego), i picked up the ZR6 yesterday morning. Chose silver cos i love the colour, and i don't really want to stand out much. I have to say that red colour looks rather great, but hmmm oh well too late now haaha. But i still think it looks pretty hot in silver.

The only thing that bothers me is the thick back pillar, and i find it annoying cos sometimes i can't see cars coming from the left if i'm pulling out lol. Anyone else find this prob? But other than that, the car is awesome, very smooth to drive and happy with it so far.

post-3793-1177771240_thumb.jpg

Edited by FiJ

The only thing that bothers me is the thick back pillar, and i find it annoying cos sometimes i can't see cars coming from the left if i'm pulling out lol. Anyone else find this prob? But other than that, the car is awesome, very smooth to drive and happy with it so far.

yeah... I had the same issue with that thick pillar too, a car nearly swipe me 3 wks ago hoping on the M4 from silverwater road.

I thought silver wasn't going to look good on the car... but it turn out good. anyway the car is a dream to look at... no matter what colour it is :)

The pillar is big. I also found the wing mirrors to be bigger than ford/holden creating another blind spot to look out for.Maybe because you sit lower in the seat to

• 3 weeks later...

Woo Hoo the web tracking says being prepared for pick up at last!!

Soon to be a happy little presara owner at last

LONG LAST

Trust me fellow (soon to be) aurion owner.

It's defintely worth the wait.

The car is absolutley awseome and it's just getting better and better.

Value for money by a long shot, and as smooth a drive as the $100k plus cars.

All the best with it

This seems to confirm my suspicion that the sun/moon roof is one of the more significant rate determining steps for delivery ... bizarre as that seems !! Anyone ordered ANY aurion vairant with said roof that was delivered other than in glacial time ?

Leaseplan placed an order (at LAST :clap: ) for a red ZR6 with the dealership this week and delivery is expected end June early July - havent got a date yet. Car will come with sunroof, so about six weeks for a fleet vehicle with roof is what to expect currently. This was good news, since (as has been quoted here many times) Presara and ZR6 are in hot demand. My salesperson was hinting that it would be a factory order which means 12 weeks :blink:

Im glad it didnt turn out that way :yahoo:

BTW how does the tracking of cars in build work?

Edited by Trufflepig

Well I have been to the dealer and seen it its really here. 12 weeks may be a reality for you too if you order a Presara as it looks like they have underestimated the demand for the top end cars.

They might have been burnt on the Avalon or possibly just missed the fact that there are a lot of people who just can't see the value in the Lexus IS250, ES300 etc compared to a top end Aurion ZR6 or Presara.

Ive ordered my ZR6 in Sliver Ash, itll probably take at least 2 months to delivery.

Cant wait to drive it - theres just no other car on the market at the moment with the features and qualities of the ZR6 at that price.

Ive ordered my ZR6 in Sliver Ash, itll probably take at least 2 months to delivery.

Cant wait to drive it - theres just no other car on the market at the moment with the features and qualities of the ZR6 at that price.

Yay go team silver! Which state are you from mate? Cos i havent seen another silver Zr6 around sydney hehehe :D

Well the new Presara is here and its a nice drive. smooth quitet and quite zippy. more comfort than sports suspension but its capable and safe feeling even if trying too hard until the VSC get involved which is a real kiljoy.

post-3710-1180161374_thumb.jpg

Edited by jonbays

• 4 weeks later...
Leaseplan placed an order (at LAST :clap: ) for a red ZR6 with the dealership this week and delivery is expected end June early July - havent got a date yet. Car will come with sunroof, so about six weeks for a fleet vehicle with roof is what to expect currently. This was good news, since (as has been quoted here many times) Presara and ZR6 are in hot demand. My salesperson was hinting that it would be a factory order which means 12 weeks :blink:

Cant remember exactly when the order was placed - lets say the 17th May, but I pick it up this Thursday making the order-to-delivery time just over a month (and its been at the dealer a few days already). I am wrapped I have to say.

I wonder if Leaseplan get any preferance?

Cheers

The Pig

Cant remember exactly when the order was placed - lets say the 17th May, but I pick it up this Thursday making the order-to-delivery time just over a month (and its been at the dealer a few days already). I am wrapped I have to say.

I wonder if Leaseplan get any preferance?

Cheers

The Pig

I would guess leaseplan do get better service than a retail customer but its more down to Toyota's forecasting getting better on the models being produced within the Aurion range now the sales are kicking off in reasonable volume.

They just didn't expect the Presara to sell as well as it is and don't have supplier orders in palce for the HID lights sat nav moon roof and all the unique components on this model

That a cool ride, you only missing 1 thing, where the window tint?

Do you know where we can to get "non metal" tint (in Vic) - Toyota says we can not use normal tint because this may effect the Toyotalink system.

BH

I ordered mine in late february and got it delivered on 15th of May. Very happy with mine too. Love the color and power. Its only on 1800kms at the moment but i started to belt it a bit and the power is endless. Just needs an air intake, tinting and 20s. Im going to get the air intake custom and im going to get it dynoed before and after. When i do, i'll let everyone know the figures. By the way, does anybody have a weird sound coming from the rear speakers after 35-40 volume??? Myne buzzes and i hate it. Does anyone else have this problem? I cant seem to pump it too hard as the buzzing gets irritating.

I am waiting for the TRD version to be released - Only a couple of months away !!!

Will be selling the Sportivo Camry & Corolla to finance this Beast !!! - Cant Wait !!!

i wouldnt want you to think bad about the car but, so far from pictures, the interior of the trd looks cheap. also the red paint on the concept is different to the production version. wont pay 10 grand extra for little 25kw power up. i was going to buy the trd as well but nahh. that interior, just ruins it. i also believe they have ruined the front bumpers color coding unlike the concept version. the concept looks so much better. personal preference. i just want the rear bumper of the trd and add 20s. it will look mint. have i mentioned the wheels? wat a way to ruin a georgous car.

Edited by Buri_ZR6

I did spot a silver Aurion along villawood road. It's an SX6 though and probably belongs to one of the sales guy in western toyota! (saw it driving in)