Anyone ordered an Aurion?

Cosmo

One Silver Ash Presara with rear spoiler added:

1. Quote: 4-Jun

2. Paper work: ...

3. Approved: 18-Jun

4. Ordered: 21-Jun

Likely the car will be at the dealer: 2-Jul - Plan to pick up the car on 16-Jul (for paper work reason, can't pick it before that date)

BH

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cant remember exactly when the order was placed - lets say the 17th May, but I pick it up this Thursday making the order-to-delivery time just over a month (and its been at the dealer a few days already). I am wrapped I have to say.

I wonder if Leaseplan get any preferance?

Well, picked it up last Thursday - I had high expectations and I havent been dissappointed, the car is schmick.

The quick delivery was explained "We found the car at another dealership and did a swap". Kinda happier with that than preferential treatment due to leaseplan.

One thing though, the salesperson said I should bring it back for the walkaround at 5000km or 3 months, whichever happens first. I thought it was 1000km, did anyone else get 5000km quoted?

I have to say a big thanks to Peter Brown at Kittle Toyota Salisbury SA for making the whole deal go as smooth as it did

The Pig

Cant remember exactly when the order was placed - lets say the 17th May, but I pick it up this Thursday making the order-to-delivery time just over a month (and its been at the dealer a few days already). I am wrapped I have to say.

I wonder if Leaseplan get any preferance?

Well, picked it up last Thursday - I had high expectations and I havent been dissappointed, the car is schmick.

The quick delivery was explained "We found the car at another dealership and did a swap". Kinda happier with that than preferential treatment due to leaseplan.

One thing though, the salesperson said I should bring it back for the walkaround at 5000km or 3 months, whichever happens first. I thought it was 1000km, did anyone else get 5000km quoted?

I have to say a big thanks to Peter Brown at Kittle Toyota Salisbury SA for making the whole deal go as smooth as it did

The Pig

My first and free service was at 1000 km. They actaully took the car for over an hour, took all the wheels off and checked the brake pads etc etc. I assuemd it was going to be a walk around service but that was not the case.

I was told the first complimentary service is at approx 1000km. Mind you, im a student and dont drive to uni at all so the car hasn't been driven much, so i haven't actually gone in for that service yet. But i do plan to go @ 1000km, not 5000km or whatever.

Actually i just looked at the service handbook. It says complimentary service is valid for use up to 3 months since u got the car, or 5000km. So i guess i should be doing that soon!

I was told the first complimentary service is at approx 1000km. Mind you, im a student and dont drive to uni at all so the car hasn't been driven much, so i haven't actually gone in for that service yet. But i do plan to go @ 1000km, not 5000km or whatever.

Actually i just looked at the service handbook. It says complimentary service is valid for use up to 3 months since u got the car, or 5000km. So i guess i should be doing that soon!

I think any car should be checked and change oil after 1000km - because even very high standard QA the car has not done real work and the first few litres of oil need to be replaced to flush out all tiny particles which could do no good for the engine. Car manufacturer should include this cost to their product.

BH

I think any car should be checked and change oil after 1000km - because even very high standard QA the car has not done real work and the first few litres of oil need to be replaced to flush out all tiny particles which could do no good for the engine. Car manufacturer should include this cost to their product.

BH

You should always follow the manufacturer's service recommendation.

You'll find that the engine oil in a new vehicle is normally a special blend to aid in engine run-in.

Edited by zr6

After 90 days in the wilderness, the Titan Silver / Black Leather Presara was definitely worth waiting for. Smooth as silk and beats the whatevers off anything else I've ever driven in the past 35 years - which covers a reasonable range of vehicles, fitouts and price ranges, whether owned, cocar, leased, or rented. Now done 1700 km and due for a trip to cold country next week before the first oil change.

Interestingly, the last full tank averaged 10.0 thingies; comprised a dash along the F3 at (well, near) speed limits for an 8.0, plus a good bit of grinding around Sydney, which sucks the fuel from all the red lights and so built up the average. Nevertheless, in that short life so far covered, it's at least 15% more fuel efficient than the traded-in and not-so-basic 3.5 L car we last had. Yonks of push when called in, but smoooooth !!

BLUE MOON on night of 30 June ... so let's roll back all those moonroofs after sundown, turn the heater up, and revel to celebrate this very, very good car.

After 90 days in the wilderness, the Titan Silver / Black Leather Presara was definitely worth waiting for. Smooth as silk and beats the whatevers off anything else I've ever driven in the past 35 years - which covers a reasonable range of vehicles, fitouts and price ranges, whether owned, cocar, leased, or rented. Now done 1700 km and due for a trip to cold country next week before the first oil change.

Interestingly, the last full tank averaged 10.0 thingies; comprised a dash along the F3 at (well, near) speed limits for an 8.0, plus a good bit of grinding around Sydney, which sucks the fuel from all the red lights and so built up the average. Nevertheless, in that short life so far covered, it's at least 15% more fuel efficient than the traded-in and not-so-basic 3.5 L car we last had. Yonks of push when called in, but smoooooth !!

BLUE MOON on night of 30 June ... so let's roll back all those moonroofs after sundown, turn the heater up, and revel to celebrate this very, very good car.

90 days is a average but there was a bit of a wait on my Presara too. I chose the Tian Silver (beige) and Stone (light grey) trim in the end but the Silver Ash and black is an excellent choice very classy. On fuel mine is similar to yours with any mixed city country running I can achieve the 9.9 l/100km the window sticker claims. Around town in the city it is much worse but my old Falcon was averagining 14L/100km so I am happy with 30% less! and it isn't any slower than the falcon thats for sure

I picked up my Zr6 last Wednesday,

I am very pleased with it so far. Although running it in, it seems to be consuming a decent amount of fuel.

Colour is Ink it looks great so long as its kept clean.

The only regret i have now is that i didn't option it with the navigation system however there is a guy selling an aftermarket system for $2K on ebay. Has anyone got any feedback on these aftermarket systems which look like the genuine article?

The only regret i have now is that i didn't option it with the navigation system however there is a guy selling an aftermarket system for $2K on ebay. Has anyone got any feedback on these aftermarket systems which look like the genuine article?

Can't answer directly, but highly recommend a sat nav system after spending a lot of time in the back blocks of nowhere last week. 'She' could show us exactly where we were even when sometimes we hadn't much of a clue. Very useful, particularly after the novelty wears off. These systems will inevitably become a standard fit in future years. Although having little idea what they add to retail pricing, and so whether the ebay aftermarket is value when you can buy an awful lot of street directories for the price, one issue is whether that price includes fitting if the system is to be integrated and not a pseudo-portable. I know users of some much cheaper stand alone systems that wax of their worth despite their ubiquitous limitations; so that may be a consideration for now and expect a standard one factory integrated into your next vehicle? Choice ran a comparison of portable GPSs very recently, so that may be somewhere to start. Just a thought.

One Silver Ash Presara with rear spoiler added:

1. Quote: 4-Jun

2. Paper work: ...

3. Approved: 18-Jun

4. Ordered: 21-Jun

Likely the car will be at the dealer: 2-Jul - Plan to pick up the car on 16-Jul (for paper work reason, can't pick it before that date)

BH

I bit late due to my pay cycle starts on Friday this week and the car is there but the dealer needs time a spoiler. Then they have to fit it to the car, paint it before ready for me. May be this Friday (20/7) or Monday (23/7).

BH

• 2 months later...

HEY ,

Just got my SX6 few months ago did whole jam lowering kit , 18 " geniune mags, tint mats very stylinsh and very happy ..we've had holdens ,fords,mitsubishis ...never have i experienced such a wonderful vehicle many envy us we've been saving for 6 months for this paid 44,800 total ... test drove Holden Epica , Mazda sp 23, Ford , Daewoo and mitsubishi......far from being an SX6 alllow me to show u our finished SX6

Already done 1700 kms was already in for first complimentry 1000km service next is 7000km ...OIL was changed as my m8 works there (mechanic) where i bought the sx6 ...only drama i have with sx6 is after lowering suspect knocking noise ..seems front left or rear (hard to tell) but mechanics cant find prob..(real bugger) only hear over 60 kms on fine corrigated roads still annoy's me ...but the car is to nice to give back..anyone else have thier aurion lowerd with kingsprings and heard knocking...argh meybe the spare is loose!

On a higher note the trips to adelaide were excellent we had a fuel consumtion reading 7.4 per 100kms no cruise either, (during run in) seems to be ideal economy for a 6 mind you we didnt push it on the trips and had a free run on the highway

post-5619-1191487396_thumb.jpg

post-5619-1191489255_thumb.jpg

Edited by Christopher

My "checkover" was done at 1000kms but then again the dealer is used to seeing it. It's been back 5 times and going back again for the 6th time tommorow, all under 1500kms.

I did think Toyota was a high quality car but my mind is now changed on that assumption. I really dont think these cars are going to age well (just like Fords).

To the dealers credit, even though they had it for 4 days at one stage, yes, 4 days they seemed to have fixed all the creaking and rattling in the dash which was immediatley noticable when i drove it out of the dealers lot, brand new.

I doubt i will buy another Toyota though. Enuf is enuf.

Edited by BlueAurionSX6

I was talking to a friend today at church with a white Aurion AT-X.

Said he picked it up for $29,990 driveaway.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

He said it was a vehicle bought by the dealership itself at the very end of July in order to meet a "quota bonus from Toyota" or something. (never heard of it in my life)

He happened to come across the vehicle when they were trying to get rid of it afterwards.

i didnt take my car to a complimentary service at 1000kms. i thought that there was no real need to take it as i barely drive it and ive always seen no feedback from 1000kms as ive always done it on my previous cars so no worries for me. the first service sticker on my top right front window says 10000kms so thats what im waiting for. after 10000kms, im going to start opening her up bit by bit. btw a question for all. a friend of mine lost his license by copping 2 fines in one day by the cameras. one of them was at 141kmh, 6 months license suspension and the other fine was on the same place 5 mins later on the way back and he was going at 161kms, he got 12 months for that fine. so 2 fines. one says 6 months and the other says 12 months suspension. so im guessing he lost it for 12 months not 18 right? what happens if he gets caught on the road driving during that 12 month period?? does he get another suspension on top of the original 12 months suspension???