corolla speaker sizes

50 lemons

Just wanted to know what the speaker sizes were in the corolla. the speakers in mine are starting to crap out after a bit too much greenday, marley, ect

speaker reccomendations would also be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Just wanted to know what the speaker sizes were in the corolla. the speakers in mine are starting to crap out after a bit too much greenday, marley, ect

speaker reccomendations would also be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

the speakers in my previous corolla ascent seca were pretty bad - so i changed them to Pheonix Gold 6.5inches - to answer your question - the stock speakers were 6.5 inch - so al i had to do was take off the door panels and remove the speakers bracket containing the speaker (which were pop riveted on), smash out the old speakers and use the same brackets to put the new speakers in.

The Phoenix golds were excellent speakers :) (im no longer using them as the stock setup in the stivo is much better than the ascent and will suffice :)

Edited by steinny72

how much did the phoenix gold cost ya?

at the time - i got the 6.5" for the front and then 6x9's for the back (awesome speakers but big mistake due to inadequate corolla stock parcel shelf and allot of effort needed to do it properly- just get 4 x 6.5's)

and it was $290 for both sets

Edited by steinny72

• 1 month later...

My dad cut holes in the parcel shelf for the sedan (steel parcel shelf) to drop 6X9's in. Have I infringed any warranty issues here?

Yeah im pretty sure you have, plus cutting the metal in the parcel shelf, depending on the cut can weaken the back end of your car alot

yeah 6.5" in the front doors

The face lift sedans come with a 6 speaker setup. The pre face lifts come with a 4 speaker setup.

Is it possible to wire up an addition 2 speakers to my rear parcel shelf?

Ive also changed the deck from the stock single cd player to a sportivo 6cd mp3 player (im assuming the sportivos had 6 speakers).

My dad cut holes in the parcel shelf for the sedan (steel parcel shelf) to drop 6X9's in. Have I infringed any warranty issues here?

Yeah im pretty sure you have, plus cutting the metal in the parcel shelf, depending on the cut can weaken the back end of your car alot

yeah 6.5" in the front doors

Not only have you voided your warranty, you could have possibly voided your insurance and made you car un-roadworthy. There are laws regarding how much metal can be cut from your car (from memory, it is a very small size like a 20cent coint) and if you do so, you need to get an engineers certificate too.

The face lift sedans come with a 6 speaker setup. The pre face lifts come with a 4 speaker setup.

Is it possible to wire up an addition 2 speakers to my rear parcel shelf?

Ive also changed the deck from the stock single cd player to a sportivo 6cd mp3 player (im assuming the sportivos had 6 speakers).

Technically, all Corolla's whether hatch or sedan come with 4 speakers. The pair of front splits are considered 2 speakers, not 4.

It's possible to wire up additional speakers in the back. You could tap them off the rear speaker wires. However, if you were to do that, I'd probably disconnect the rear speakers and run the ones from the parcel shelf only.

Really? Cos i read in the brochure that its 6 speakers.

So you're saying they count the splits as 4 speakers instead of two?

Thats pretty dodgy..... :angry:

That's right. Technically because there only 4 speaker channels going out from the headunit. I guess in a way, it's a marketing gimmick like those 3 and 4 way speakers. Car companies will say the car has a total of 12 or 16 speakers when technically there are only 4 or 6.

Im getting my Focals V165 pretty soon and im running 6" K2 2ways at the back, they are awesome, crazy mid bass, i think k2 costs around $450 and V165 Splits cost $350.

Btw way, Focal Speakers are handmade in France.... :P ;)

cheers

Im getting my Focals V165 pretty soon and im running 6" K2 2ways at the back, they are awesome, crazy mid bass, i think k2 costs around $450 and V165 Splits cost $350.

Btw way, Focal Speakers are handmade in France.... :P ;)

cheers

That's great man. Focals have always been one of my favourites. Personally, I think you should be spending more on your front stage than your rears. In fact, the rear is just a filling stage from the front. The difference between a $100 and $500 pair of speaker is very minimal to the ear. I would probably put that money towards your front and get a nice set of 165V3E's. That is, of course unless you want to cater for your rear passengers :P

Just make sure you find yourself a suitable amp for them and also make sure they're tuned properly to get the most out of them as well.

I have just noticed the past few days that my fronts are starting to play silly games and make horrible noises. Time to got visit Mr Toyota Man and see about warranty.