lift

hey guys i was showing my friends after work (they where next to me in there own cars) what lift does and as i was doing it once it hits it its like it just goes into netrual and the revs just stop around 6 has this happened to anyone else?? the car wasnt running long at all could that be the reason

Yes, when the engine is cold, the ECU limits the limiter to 7000rpm and disengages the Lift bolts.

You can only hit lift when the engine is warm and the car is in gear. I understand that there is also a trigger in the gear box the dactivates it when the car is out of gear.

well i had to thrash it to keep up lol

Lol if my car was cold and my mate started thrashing it in his R32 Id let him go haha. No way Id hurt my engine. Esp after seeing what happens after constant flogging when cold :S

nice dents in the pistons,valves etc! A horrid site!

Guest JDM y0 !

sorry im a n00b to new engines (i drive an ae86) but im not shure what "lift" is ??

i have some idea and think that it is to do with the VVT(i) devices ? is this correct. oh i love your new high tech corrolas. they make my ae86 look old lol.