Could be a stupid idea

NIKICH

Hmmm. Could be too much of a drama maybe. Because i'm keeping this car (sentimental reasons) I'm going to be supercharging (or something similar) in the distant future and throwing some aftermarket goodies into the motor to compliment the modification. I'd be looking at something really driveable and good for everyday use PLUS it eliminates the lag gap between 1,000rpm to 6,000rpm (clutch activated boost @ 7.5psi). I'm thinking that if you're going to spend money on the motor you may as well go whole hog and get that little bit extra. Could be expensive just to up the compression with different pistons etc.

Was thinking of doing this when the motor needed a recondition. May as well throw a little more money at it if it's going to be a keeper.

Micky_tee's old man seems to be quite the master at these things tho Nik. PM him and see what he says :)

I think there would be an increase across the range yeah.

I've looked at what truely balances out the motor (when it comes to driveability, not just power) and it still seems to me that s/c is better bang for buck if you're factoring in response etc, not just brute power.

That's just from what I've seen and read up on. Could be different opinions :)

Upping the compression on a sportivo will unearth another whole bundle of problems. Prolly the biggest will be what sort of fuel will you run??

That's easy. Methenol!

How would methanol run in the sportivo's? or would it do damage?

I wasn't being serious mate. Methenol is usually reserved for motors with that much work done to them that they run down the drag strip at great speed lol, AND require parachutes to stop them haha.

Upping the compression on a sportivo will unearth another whole bundle of problems. Prolly the biggest will be what sort of fuel will you run??

That's easy. Methenol!

How would methanol run in the sportivo's? or would it do damage?

I wasn't being serious mate. Methenol is usually reserved for motors with that much work done to them that they run down the drag strip at great speed lol, AND require parachutes to stop them haha.

ahh you've obviously seen my car at the strip then :P