I need help anyone experienced this???

Hey guys, i took my stock unit out a few months ago, and left it empty where the din is. Now the problem i have is, the center console where the vents are for the aircon on the sides of the dvd player keep poping out. Ive taken it out and putting it back in a few times already, after a few days or a week it will pop out again?? I dont know whats happened...and i wanna fix it? what could possibly be done??? :( <_<

Hey guys, i took my stock unit out a few months ago, and left it empty where the din is. Now the problem i have is, the center console where the vents are for the aircon on the sides of the dvd player keep poping out. Ive taken it out and putting it back in a few times already, after a few days or a week it will pop out again?? I dont know whats happened...and i wanna fix it? what could possibly be done??? :( <_<

I had this exact issue until Saturday when I got my Red Console done by Mr Azza, it hasn't been an issue since.

Azz may be able to shed some light on this?

its the clips on the top of the vent section, there is metal tabs that come out of the dash, they are hard to see as they are under the top of the dash, these tabs fit/clip into the vent section, if you dont get these in right the vents will keep poping out.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...post&id=490

the gold part in the middle of the pic and the plastic thing directly underneath are what im talking about.

hope this helps

My experience with this bit is that they are really fickle little bastards the clips that hold it all together.

Take the time to look carefully at them and line them up well. Usually the first indicator that it isnt lined up is you will see a gap above the vent compnent between it and the dash....

Takes time to get used to it, but keep fiddling until you get it in the right spot...

....or drive to Brisbane and I'll look at it for you :P

im having the same problem but still wont stay in.....ummm all the clips are in but still manage to pop out...

would i need to buy a new one or what?

Dyam it dont look good and its annoying!!!

HELP

Edited by Jeff1018

pull it out and check the clips on the unit and in the dash.

push the clips down on the unit quite hard without breaking it.

cos some times they too high and the unit wont clip in properly

Hahaha more victims of the popping vent. I took it out today, i aligned it, a pushed it in, i think i also broke a clip, it still doesnt sit snub like the original? theres still a lil gap on the top and on the right hand side? maybe buy a new vent from the wreckers? i will wait a week or so and see what happens?

cheers ;)