spoiler install

Its been agez since i bought my spoiler and still trying to understand the installation instructions correctly.

the instructions i got from toyota are pretty bad photocopyz and the diagrams are hard to make any sense of and the template i got for it makes me nervous, as if i could easily drill the holes off centre coz i didnt lay the template perfectly.

ive only gotten as far as removing all the inside plastic panels around the rear window to take a sneak peek at what im up against and got the right size drill bitz to do the install, but havent got the gonadz to penetrate my rollaz backdoor.

i just wanna make sure i dont do the wrong thing!

has anyone got any experience in this area?

paying someone to get it done is not an option here.

thanx 4 your help in advance.

jase

Edited by JJCRU23R

if you have got the template and afraid of making it off centred, then tape the template down, adjust till you are satisfied.(drilling a hole may get u off centred as well but it is marginal... the screws and spacers have already accounted for that.)

start your drilling cos even if you are off centred a little, just file it down a little, but u will see the exposed metal once drilled, if you are not cranky about it, use some paint to cover them down (in case it starts to rust after zillion years) then screw it in... there you go...... SPOILER :)

hope that helps!!

get a punch/nail and hit the exact centre of the hole in the template. Use a small drill, say 2.2/3mm, and drill where the small dint is, to go all the way through. then use your larger (correct size) drill to go through the hole. Stop the larger drill bit from 'wandering'.

Be confident, you will be fine. :)

i dont actually drill all the way through do i?

i mean after taking out the plastic panels theres another metal panel which makes it seems to be in the way.. do i drill through that too?

can anyone take pics of the spoiler connectionz from inside the car door with the plastic panels off?

if i know what its supposed to look like when its fully installed then i would be more confident.

• 4 years later...

Hey, I'd just like to give this thread a bump.

I just got a spoiler for my zze ascent and I was wondering if anyone could help provide me with info on how to install it or if you know anyone who would be able to do it.

Cheers.