how did you install your speakers?

JJCRU23R

If I get a chance to do that I will, but all you need to know is that they've pretty much cut 6" holes into the OEM speaker grilles and then attached these pods... That's about it :lol:

EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED 2 FIND OUT!

my punches are pretty thick and im guessing they wouldnt fit in the stock mounts coz of that.

but would still like 2 see pics so i can see houw you attached the pods! :P

thanks hehe

Edited by JJCRU23R

Hey would these alpine speakers (im guessing they're 6.25") fit in the stock corolla speakers mounts??? (obviously without the alpine cover on top like yours have)

I would tend to say yes.

Mick0082 has fit MB-Quart component splits in the front behind the OEM speaker grilles (incl tweeters in the corners), plus Alpine splits in the rear doors. Micky-t has the same front component system and has fit Pioneer splits in the rear all underneath the OEM grilles too.

When you buy Alpine speakers they come with 3 mounting options for the tweets plus 2 sets of mounts for the midrange drivers. These mounts have heaps of holes for screws so you should find a few that match up with the stock holes plus they give you a little extra clearance with the magnet :)

Also if you like the Type R's then just buy the Type S's, they're very similar

Thanks Tayles, your help is much appreciated! ;) :)

hey tayles, how did you attach the pods? just screwed them in somehow or some other fastening method? whats the secret?

Sorry brother... ok I'm pretty sure no screws are used. Just looks like a really neat fit over the original grille then some really strong adhesive, some kind of superglue or similar. I'll have a really close look tomorrow :)

thanks tayles,

yea all i need to go by is pretty much these three thingz..

how was it made?

was there any cutting involved?

how was it attached to the panel?

youve answered the first two :P

that last question should have me already gathering all my materialz together -

already bought resin + catylist for my fibreglass.. had some left over lying round as well as some extra mdf from my kicker sub install...

i am considering painting them the same silver 199 colour my rolla is painted in (i got the extra paint sitting round for my spoiler and other parts i may still wanna spray) the same way that pic i posted with the orangy paint... but if that doesnt work out i may consider vinyling the bugger, but that scares me since i havent worked with vinyl b4... i like the look of vinyl, makes it look like it was always stock, but if i cant match the colour properly then i may as well sand it down til its smooth enough for a good painted finish.

wasnt 100% happy with my kicker install since i couldnt find the right carpet material that could match the carpet in the boot... but yea, with the punch'z i got i wanna do it right the first time.

thankx again taylez

jase

DIY DIY DIY DIY DIY... its easy its fun its cheap... but i'm pretty sure u'r gonna end up redoing them after your first time... i screwed up my door pods abbit coz it was my first time... as i'm upgrading and getting another set in the doors i'll just make new pods to house both of them

post-3317-1170513613_thumb.jpg

Edited by d_ice

DIY DIY DIY DIY DIY... its easy its fun its cheap... but i'm pretty sure u'r gonna end up redoing them after your first time... i screwed up my door pods abbit coz it was my first time... as i'm upgrading and getting another set in the doors i'll just make new pods to house both of them

post-3317-1170513613_thumb.jpg

it is all trial and error... but since ive done fibreglassing b4 and ive read up quite a bit about how to go about making these thingz,i got more of an idea bout how i want to attack this project... so im not planning on redoing thingz!

measure twice, cut once!

Edited by JJCRU23R

gday guys,

well yesterday i had the time to get started on making the fibreglass pods for the front doorz.

so far so good, but photobucket was fcuking up on me yesterday so unfortunately i cant show you the pics of them being done yet! will try 2 post them up once i get home.

jase

heres where im at right at this minute with the install...

DSCF1456.jpg

DSCF1453.jpg

coming together except the gluegun is at my dads place and the electric saw is @ work! cant do anymore than what ive already done in these pics so ima bum round the rest of the day...

Jase that's starting to come together really neatly, top stuff!

Are you going to go with vinyl or painted finish?

Looking forward to seeing the rest :)

im thinking bout paint since im afraid the angles im expecting the speaker rings and the triangle thing are going to finally be in are gonna be hard for vinyl to stick to without creating creases... maybe im paranoid, but nothing is definate yet... keeping options open as the project develops.

i want those triangle things to be flush with the surface of the pod... not sticking out in any way. gotta make a home for it out of mdf... bit challenging since theres like air holes in the side, so it needs space round those.

another thing.. the shape of the triangle thingz is isnt exactly a perfect triangle with 3 equal sides... so if i were to make both pods exact mirror image of eachother, 1 of the RF symbols is gonna be upsidedown... (check the pod on the left, its in different positions in both pics). should i just position them to be exact opposites or rotate the left 1 to make the RF look the right way up?

Edited by JJCRU23R

nice one raptor,

but arent both pics the same? would be nice to see it installed mate :P

anyway, i gotta make it possible to house the crossovers on the pod as well. - YES TAYLES THE TRIANGLES ARE CROSSOVERS :P

kinda tired after the time it took to install the 2nd sub for these speakers... it involved removing both front seats to get the wiring across since the amps are sitting beneith the front seats.

flaming hot 2day where i am in good old blacktown...

would be nice2 go 4 a swim but we got no pool...

should have a toca pool party... whos got a pool?????

Edited by JJCRU23R

hehe yea its good as long as your out of the way of the lifeguards trying 2 scoop some kids poop outta the wave pool! :P

too many people there and parking is hectic too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...