Rotrex Powered 2zz - Any corolla's up 2 it ?

xoom

This is a very interesting read to anyone who is thinking about supercharging their car.

You must register to read the thread. Take u 2 mins tops.

As a side note u can get the smaller rotrex and bolt it onto a 1zz so this isnt a 2zz specific setup

http://www.ozcelica.com/deltaforum/index.php?showtopic=6165

finally, lols!

Don't back out like those rolla's

alot of them got the parts and find out how hard the project is going to be and then they sell it lol

go all the way man!

hmmmmmm i wonder who you're refering to vyets :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: and by a lot how many do u mean ? :P :P :P :P bcuz i can count the f/i attempts on 1 hand :lol::lol::lol:

i hear too much "im guna superchage/turbo my car"

well the thing is that its not so much that people back out of this but we dont have the support for it in aus.

The key reason from what i can see is the simplicity of the kits in the US vs the complexity of getting this running in Aus .... Why ? its simple RHD vs LHD .... Not a single kit made in the US will work on our cars so this means custom = $$$$ = The semi enthusiast + beginner will not even attempt it.

bwhaha vyet got owned u rat man turn on us rollas :P

:lol: :lol: .... yeah i couldnt help myself but to quote him

This is a very interesting read to anyone who is thinking about supercharging their car.

You must register to read the thread. Take u 2 mins tops.

As a side note u can get the smaller rotrex and bolt it onto a 1zz so this isnt a 2zz specific setup

http://www.ozcelica.com/deltaforum/index.php?showtopic=6165

finally, lols!

Don't back out like those rolla's

alot of them got the parts and find out how hard the project is going to be and then they sell it lol

go all the way man!

hmmmmmm i wonder who you're refering to vyets :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: and by a lot how many do u mean ? :P :P :P :P bcuz i can count the f/i attempts on 1 hand :lol::lol::lol:

That's funny Bill, cos I can count them on 1 finger...

1ZZ-FTE attempts however I now know of 4 and only 1 did not go to completion

as far as S/C attempts go, there is Grimlocks one that ran nicely, but he wanted to sell the car so got rid of it. I don't know of anyone actually seriously looking at buying a Blitz or GReddy kits for the 2ZZ-GE to fit into the corolla.

Hey man, I know its complecated, and when people back out it sucks, because its complicated obviously. But hopefully this one goes through, at least you guys have attempted it you lived upto your word.

I must say at least 100% of the people who I personaly know with corolla's or celica's their first word when purchasing the car is "supercharger" and "i've already looked into it".

Nice to accually see someone dive into it and do it.

And yes most shops will probally just look at it and say no, it isnt a easy project :P

at least you guys have attempted it you lived upto your word.

Nice to accually see someone dive into it and do it.

im guessing vyets that you havent seen where i am at with my project ;) ;) ;)

and from the looks of things i think i might be further along than the celica project doing the rotrex but only time will tell as i am a fair bit further on than just "attempting" mine is actually coming to a close in the next few weeks ;) ;) ;) hopefully

whats been done and has been running for a while now

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&p=124824

the reason why the above work was done

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&p=151060

bcuz i can count the f/i attempts on 1 hand

That's funny Bill, cos I can count them on 1 finger...

by f/i attempts i mean both turbo and s/c :P :P as we have had more than 1 person attempt this and there have been a few successes .....

Now that i did a re-count however i lied i need both hands :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

on spyderchat,they a couple of spyders running the rotex, 1zz made 270 whp at 15psi and the 2zz made 330whp, he's the link http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic...&highlight=

has anyone in aus tried it in their spyder ? .... from what i can read its still more action in the US .....

Yes xoom, glad to see another FI 2zz LOL :P

im pretty sure i woulda said something in the first thread? did i?

anyway yea its nice to see some people accually do it now.

I have no intrest in F/I for my car because i love NA

but to see someone accually go down that route FOR REAL thats awsome and once again congrats mate :P

hopefully can get some FI 2zz down the track see what they can do.

I'm all outta cash, otherwise I would Rotrex my 2zz. Oh well, the year is still young.

It's a good engine, and the rotrex SC seems to be a straightforward set up, whether RHD or LHD. I'm probably wrong, but I thought that because SC sits on the intake side, the fittings for the kit should be suitable for both RHD/LHD.

I have no intrest in F/I for my car because i love NA

Well come on mate ..... i wanna see 13.5:1 or 12:1 comp pistons along side a 2L stroker kit and enough engine work to support 10K+ rpm's on the dial .... Where is ur NA commitment :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

bill, just in case u were wondering, i'm looking into both supercharging and turbocharging my car, i've done some research and have concluded that i will be looking at over 300kw at the wheels which should just be enough power without having to replace any stock internals at all or replace the stock clutch.

can i be added to your list now? Pretty please?

so mick when do u want me 2 book u in for that engine replacement ? about 1 day after u've got the car on the road ?

nah man u dont know what your on about matey it'll be all fine dont u worry i'll show u mate, its a corolla u dont need to spend money to get performance.

Oh sorry i forgot the only other mod is the fluffy dice

bill, just in case u were wondering, i'm looking into both supercharging and turbocharging my car, i've done some research and have concluded that i will be looking at over 300kw at the wheels which should just be enough power without having to replace any stock internals at all or replace the stock clutch.

seen this done on a 4ag. the supercharged motor that comes stock. all they did was add a turbo and WOW!

seen this done on a 4ag. the supercharged motor that comes stock. all they did was add a turbo and WOW!

brashboys makes a twin charge kit for the 2zz if anyone is game ;) ;) ;) ;)

there is a Sportivo owner in Brissy who is seriously looking at doing a Turbo set up like Xoom's. Have spoken with the company who is going to carry out all the necessary work. :D

Only need a few more and then we can have the F/I qtr mile record column :toast:

Im am seriously sorting out the Blitz supercharger kit. You can source one through Autobarn in Australia designed for the ZZE123 and at around $10,000 landed here it aint cheap.

I have a friend in Japan atm and I have been able to source a kit for 525,000 yen which is $5526.00 Aussie so as soon as I have saved it that kit is on the way.

The Blitz Kit in Japan comes with a Blitz reprogrammed ECU so that will be a bonus I think :)

Aiming to save for the kit by September this year