» Trip Fuel Economy

» Distance to Empty

» Time to Empty

» Fuel to Empty

SCANGAUGE II

Comments?

• 2 months later...

• 4 weeks later...

would it work on the new Australian camry?

i am on the verge of buying an altise manual... which has no trip computer of course.

it says it needs to be OBDII compliant car.

Has anyone tried it? Would be an expensive experiment at US$165 just to find out it doesn't work.

Apparently it all depends on whether the ECU actually sends data to the OBD port. I've read that outside of america although the car has an OBD port under the steering column it may not actually receive the data OK...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I love the feature how it shows how many HP im producing in real-time :D

Really??

It show you how many horsepower you produce? :blink:

Which menu feature do that?

Have you the Toyota engine error codes list?

Hmm display looks a little to small for it to be useful for me. I have enough trouble staying on the road while being on the phone/texting/tuning stereo as it is :P

Lovely! :toast: One of the funnier things I've read today. Onya!

• 2 weeks later...

Scanguage II is great... but won't work with pre 2005 Toyotas that aren't OBD2 compliant

Ciao

take a look at this interesting toy :D

» Reads Trouble Codes

» Reads conditions that set the Trouble Code

» Clears Trouble Codes

» Turns off "Check Engine" light

» Tells you when vehicle is "Ready" to pass OBDII testing

» Make and store up to 10 rewritable special codes

to send to the vehicle computer

» Fuel Economy

» Fuel Rate

» Battery Voltage

» Coolant Temperature

» Intake Air Temperature

» Engine Speed (RPM)

» Vehicle speed (MPH)

» Manifold Pressure

(not available on some vehicles)

» Engine Load

» Throttle Position

» Ignition Timing

» Open/Closed Loop

» Maximum Speed

» Average Speed

» Maximum Coolant Temperature

» Maximum RPM

» Driving Time

» Driving Distance

» Fuel Used

» Trip Fuel Economy

» Distance to Empty

» Time to Empty

» Fuel to Empty

SCANGAUGE II

Comments?

Just bought a Scanguage for my Camry. Well I'm sorry to say that it won't work on Toyotas that are pre 2005 or so. Although our vehicles have got OBD2 ports, they don't seem to be compliant to the rest of the world. Our Aussie cars up until recently aren't wired up. I've tried it on 1998 Camry V6, 2002 Rav 4 2005 Prado, 2005 Mitsubishi 4WD ..... no joy. But the only car handy Holden 2006 Astra works like a charm.

So.... my disappointment might well be shared with others... unless there is a work around.

I had intended getting it mainly for the trip computer aspects... without having to cut into existing wiring etc. This was so simple... just plug it into the port under the dash. Oh well. Is it possible to retrofit a trip computer into my Camry?

Cheers

Stan

(Oh by the way... I purchased mine (ready for return now) in Australia for $235.

Edited by sjez

Just bought a Scanguage for my Camry. Well I'm sorry to say that it won't work on Toyotas that are pre 2005 or so. Although our vehicles have got OBD2 ports, they don't seem to be compliant to the rest of the world. Our Aussie cars up until recently aren't wired up. I've tried it on 1998 Camry V6, 2002 Rav 4 2005 Prado, 2005 Mitsubishi 4WD ..... no joy. But the only car handy Holden 2006 Astra works like a charm.

So.... my disappointment might well be shared with others... unless there is a work around.

I had intended getting it mainly for the trip computer aspects... without having to cut into existing wiring etc. This was so simple... just plug it into the port under the dash. Oh well. Is it possible to retrofit a trip computer into my Camry?

Cheers

Stan

(Oh by the way... I purchased mine (ready for return now) in Australia for $235.

hmm that's strange, cause i thought it would work on toyotas after 2003 (works on my 2003 Echo).

if you can get the ECU to send data back to the scangauge then it would work :P

hmm that's strange, cause i thought it would work on toyotas after 2003 (works on my 2003 Echo).

if you can get the ECU to send data back to the scangauge then it would work

Yes you're quite right... my source led me to believe that it was around that time for some (but not all vehicles eg 2005 Toyota (Kluger or Prado ..can't remember which).. can't get ScanGauge to connect.

I guess you are quite happy with yours? Oh if only mine worked too!!!! <_<

Cheers

if you can get the ECU to send data back to the scangauge then it would work

Yes you're quite right... my source led me to believe that it was around that time for some (but not all vehicles eg 2005 Toyota (Kluger or Prado ..can't remember which).. can't get ScanGauge to connect.

I guess you are quite happy with yours? Oh if only mine worked too!!!! <_<

Cheers

just go and test drive the new yaris or something :D plug it in and you'll see how it work :)

just go and test drive the new yaris or something :D plug it in and you'll see how it work :)

Hmmm sounds good. Now I've only to convince my wife that I need to spend x thousand dollars on a new car so my $235 Scangauge will work. :rolleyes:

Perhaps she won't mind. Toyota would be pleased though!!

Cheers

ok now hear is my simple question. is this a staight plug and play for a corolla sportivo???

its a plug n play for all vehicles. whether it works or not that's another different story.

ok let me rephrase my question. will this FARKIN work with a corolla sportivo???

• 1 month later...

Ciao

Scangauge arrived to me :yahoo:

What gauges did you displayed on the screen?

I think to keep a look at Intake air temp, Battery voltage, Ignition timing and I'm undecided between Engine load or Coolant temp.

Ciao

Scangauge arrived to me :yahoo:

What gauges did you displayed on the screen?

I think to keep a look at Intake air temp, Battery voltage, Ignition timing and I'm undecided between Engine load or Coolant temp.

on the X-gauge I have:

- HPW (horsepower) - Intake Temp

- LHK (Litre per 100km) - LPH (Litre per hour)

with the horsepower measurement you need to go to MENU >> MORE >> MORE >> MORE (to the last selection) .............. (its the selection above, SET TO DEFAULT), select that then punch in the CODE :)

just go to scangauge.com