help needed about lowering the car

i got my springs yesterday, and i tried to find a place to put them on, but the price to do that is shocking, most places wanted 250 just to put them on, cheapest i got quoted was 170 not including wheel alighnment, is this price normal?? if not where can i get it done at a reasonable price in melb?? i went to two TYRE FACTORIES, one in mitcham wanted 260 for it and the one in city quoted 170, why is there such a big difference?and i remember their ad saying lowering to any height for 350 and this includes the springs, and they want 260 just for labour?!!?? WTF!!!!

Edited by sportiyo

thank you everyone for their replies,two members mention that its about 50 bucks per corner so 170 is not that bad than :), i thought about going to Racing project but they sooo busy,most likely they will book me in at least friday, but i might go check, i think i might not do it myself, i wouldnt have clue how to do it, the only thing i know is getting the wheels off :P ,

Try Protech Tyres

Ferntree Gully Road Oakleigh. Ask for John or Corey, they should be able to fit, align and balance and their prices should be reasonable

(03) 9569 0833

cheers

YuP! Amen to that...Kings SLs, fitted n aligned $350 :)

Try Protech Tyres

Ferntree Gully Road Oakleigh. Ask for John or Corey, they should be able to fit, align and balance and their prices should be reasonable

(03) 9569 0833

cheers

Yup. Those guys knew what was best for your car didn't they Jonny? :lol:

Thumbs up to Suspension City in North Melbourne too. They did mine a few years back. No dramas.

Try Protech Tyres

(03) 9569 0833

cheers

Yup. Those guys knew what was best for your car didn't they Jonny? :lol:

Thumbs up to Suspension City in North Melbourne too. They did mine a few years back. No dramas.

:lol: yeash.... :spiteful:

i got it done today for 160 at tyre factory :) , but it took them 2 and a half hours, it looks heaps better now, its almost like the stivo is meant to be lowered :clap: , thank you marcus for the DIY infos, i reckon i wouldnt be able to do it myself, no tools, no skills, i think they had to pull the boot's carpet out to get to the rear ones, for noobs like me in the future, i think its better to not buy the springs seperate, get the springs from the guys that intall them, but search around for more quotes b4 u decide which one to go, there r some crazy prices, i went to one of the midas, they wanted 480 including springs, but still!!!!!!480!!!!

i got it done today for 160 at tyre factory :) , but it took them 2 and a half hours, it looks heaps better now, its almost like the stivo is meant to be lowered :clap: , thank you marcus for the DIY infos, i reckon i wouldnt be able to do it myself, no tools, no skills, i think they had to pull the boot's carpet out to get to the rear ones, for noobs like me in the future, i think its better to not buy the springs seperate, get the springs from the guys that intall them, but search around for more quotes b4 u decide which one to go, there r some crazy prices, i went to one of the midas, they wanted 480 including springs, but still!!!!!!480!!!!

Hey man good on ya for gettin it all done! :clap:

Yea how much better does it look eh? like 100 Times better!!! :toast:

Don be beat urself up for the hassles that u went through...i had a mate do the same thing too (eg buy springs sep then got em pro installed, for more than he could have saved :spiteful: )...

End result is u got wat u want...n its HOT! n all in due time you'll get over the little agitations of post purchase dissidence. ;)