vienta '96 touring modifcations - please help (asthetic not performance)

moulda

hey guys :) basically i am planning on buying a 96 vienta touring series (manual) quite soon. ive looked around and they seem to be selling anywhere from $6-9000. when i get this car i intened on modifying its appearance alot.

currently my goal is to have a body kit, rims and full interior trim possibly in red (also thinking of a new paint job), also going to lower, change lights and add/change spoiler.

my problem is however, i am having extreme difficulty finding anywhere where i can find price's for these and also have only found one bodykit that fits the 96 camry shape (shogun at http://www.wickedbodies.net/generic47.html ) which is also on an american site. (is there a difference in shape of the australian vs. american model?)

can anyone give me good links for these options, or tell me the approximate pricings? (i live in brisbane if that helps)

oh and what options would be good for trimming the interior, other than leather?

if anyone can give me some good direction in all of this it would be greatly appreciated

thanks, moulda :help:

(ps i currently have $14,000 saved)

Also, i thought id mention that yes i am going to upgrade the performance of the car, exhaust etc, but for now i just need info on visual upgrades.

Edited by moulda

personally i would keep the gen 3 stock mate its all ur choice mate, well asthetic is all my car is pretty much so ill tell u what i kno. get it lowered and wheels first please nuthin worse than ridin high on stockies. as for bodykits there is a couple of sites in aust which does them www.carmate.com, www.ssv.com.au. u can get all new lights off ebay. get an exhaust for a nice sound, tint

Edited by V6 Kamree

thanks for your help, yeah i plan on lowering it as well :D,

i see you have a black camry, was that stock or you had it resprayed? if so, how much did that cost you?

all help is greatly appreciated guys :D

Edited by moulda

Please tell me you intend to do some performance mods... not just rice it out!?!? If you are going down that path as well, get an exhaust job done with a custom Y-pipe, piggyback ecu and port and polish the intake. That will give you the most bang for your buck and a decent amount of power as well!

Please tell me you intend to do some performance mods... not just rice it out!?!? If you are going down that path as well, get an exhaust job done with a custom Y-pipe, piggyback ecu and port and polish the intake. That will give you the most bang for your buck and a decent amount of power as well!

yes yes, i do plan on enhancing the performance, but to begin with i want to make my ride astheticly pleasing.

first thing u do is get a deck (research twice buy once) it means buy something good instead of constantly upgrading and stuff

then get some splits for the front... sumthing good too

then u should really consider some 18" wheels (or 19" if u don't mind ULTRALOW profile tyres)... chromies too :P or wateva floats yor boat.... n dump it 2" on kings or pedders....

then it depends if u don't want a "FULLY SICK" system then just get a 4channel amp (4x200 or 4x250) and run the splits on ch1 n ch2.... get yourself a descent sub and run it on ch3 n ch4 bridged

that'll set u back around $3500 - $4000

get a bodykit then get the interior done... for interior u could go suede or vinyl... vinyl is kinda like fake leather u can't tell the difference most of the time... to do a FULL car i mean the WHOLE car (except for the carpet) it's $3000 from this guy next to my house ;) but if u'r going suede it costs more like $4000 but suede is way more comfortable way more luxurious... vinyl just like leather gets hot n sticky :unsure: lol

Edited by d_ice

Guest JDM y0 !

vienta are a mad car, my uncle owners a vienta v6 wagon, got 18x8s and nice and low with dark tint, looks hot and has good power too, its auto, thats the only prob for me. i will try get some pics soon for you coz if you want a subtle sports luxury look, this is the car to look at.

I would start off with Wheels and Suspension (How nice does V6 Kamree's ride look???) These two things make a world of difference and you may end up happy leaving the car with these two changes. ;)

Sometimes making too many aesthetic changes can make the car look shiete.

Guest JDM y0 !

agreed. no bodykit for the win. makes it look really stylish, dumped, and some wide rims... plus my uncle has trouble going most places with his ride hight... imagine how bad it would be with lower bodykit !! zomg !!!! im not sure but i think 8 or 8.5 is the widest you can fit without mods ?? oh to fit 18x8s at a low hight my uncle modified the inner guard so there isnt rub

I would start off with Wheels and Suspension (How nice does V6 Kamree's ride look???) These two things make a world of difference and you may end up happy leaving the car with these two changes. ;)

Sometimes making too many aesthetic changes can make the car look shiete.

thanks IZZ-FE :D

all the exterior needs is tint, clear lights, wheels, lowerin, exhaust, number plate lol (still waiting for mine), Debagded and ur set. you get looks without the ricer critisism of addin a kit.

sorry so long to reply as well moulda yes i did have a respray and cost me a fortune i got ripped big time $11000, that included complete respray black (4 coats gloss black, 3 coats clear), flared rear guards to allow lower drop with the 19x8s already was rolled but to be doubley sure, m3 mirrors, deleted side indicators (as they are in mirrors), deleted side strips (hopefully u kno what i mean those rubber peices along the doors), new emblems, alot of body work to get straight again, new front bumper (original was bogged by previous owner).

Edited by V6 Kamree

any more help available guys? surely theres someone on these forums that can tell me details of what i want to do/prices/where available/sites? ive gotten a little help so far thanks for that guys.

Unfortunately the carmate kits doesn't appeal to me. I too would rather stay with the stock look but lowered with big wheels. If it doesnt look good enough for you then do the body kit.

Or you could do what I did on my gen4.5 and helping someone make for his gen3. Retro fit a pair of projectors and get a HID kit with it. But you must have the projectors bit first or it won't look good at all. (See my avatar :) )

Edited by Un4given