lowest with springs

Just curious to know about the life of your cv joints with running your car so low. Anyone notice any other parts failing due to being greater than 40mm drop ?

Also i am curious, if it handles better the lower you go or is there a ceiling where the handling performance declines.

My accord euro was lowered 2.5" front, 2" back with stock springs.... and the shocks fked up bad... every speed hump was bad, the car was bottoming out... so i decided to go buddyclub n+ coilovers and its heaps more comfy.

Bottom line is.. lowered springs with stocks shocks will wear out ur shocks super quick.. then ur up for new shocks.

so if you get springs..

it'll prolli cost you

springs: 400

shocks: 1100

installation: 200

===============

Total = 1700

Whereas coilovers will set u back about 1900 + install (200) = 2100, abit more to spend.. but definitely more benefits..

what are the upgraded shocks?? If they are adjustable then what are they adjusted to???

Put superlows in and Sportivo shocks will die in no time. They will begin to leak oil, then start to creak as well as the constant hitting of the bump stops will cause them to split. Not sure if 1zz shocks die as quick but the Stivo ones drop their bundle in about 15k of putting springs in.

To replace the stock Sportivo or 1zz shocks with koni's that are adjustable will set you back about $1000 -1100. they have just had a price rise so not sure of exact amount. PM if you want to know more and I'll see if I can help :D

My ascent 1zz still runs ok with stock shock since i put the kings superlow on abt 3 months back, i'm surprise it last this long! im trying to save up for a decent set of shocks, i got couple quote on the shocks one from mongue cost aorund $1200 and there one from "RYB" shocks $750, i have no idea what brand that is.

Edited by Jz713

My sportivo came originally with king low springs and that was already annoying when going up driveways and speed humps........I took them out and put the stocks back in and they were so much better. After an initial inspection while taking them out, one of my shocks are starting to leak......only been on for about 20,000km...........

My accord euro was lowered 2.5" front, 2" back with stock springs.... and the shocks fked up bad... every speed hump was bad, the car was bottoming out... so i decided to go buddyclub n+ coilovers and its heaps more comfy.

Bottom line is.. lowered springs with stocks shocks will wear out ur shocks super quick.. then ur up for new shocks.

so if you get springs..

it'll prolli cost you

springs: 400

shocks: 1100

installation: 200

===============

Total = 1700

Whereas coilovers will set u back about 1900 + install (200) = 2100, abit more to spend.. but definitely more benefits..

$400 for springs is a bit steep unless your trying to get eibach's. $400 for them is cheap!! Kings and whitelines you can get for under $300 easy if you know the right people :ph34r:

$400 for springs is a bit steep unless your trying to get eibach's. $400 for them is cheap!! Kings and whitelines you can get for under $300 easy if you know the right people :ph34r:

Yeah ... what i meant was.. if u get springs first and leave stock shocks in... it'll cost you about 400 installed... then once the shocks wear.. ur up for new ones which are around 1100 and to install them.. your up for another 200...

so in the long run.. if u only change springs first.. and ur shocks wear out.. your up for a total of about 1700.. whereas .. u can go straight coilovers for about 2000

Edited by doosra