lowest with springs

hey guys im just wondering whats the lowest we can go with just using springs and not coilovers

whats the lowest i know atm the lowest 50-60mm with superlows but has anyone gone lower then superlow on springs?if so how low and what springs...?

Lovells make 65mm drop springs, you gotta be careful with spring sag with them tho lol. Pack the ccar up in the back and it'll dump like crazy :o

Additionally your stock shocks will just explode evenutally with these in, and you're well off checking the bump stops as well just in case.

hey guys im just wondering whats the lowest we can go with just using springs and not coilovers

whats the lowest i know atm the lowest 50-60mm with superlows but has anyone gone lower then superlow on springs?if so how low and what springs...?

Search on eBay I remember a company making ultra low variety springs for our rollas

Lovells make 65mm drop springs, you gotta be careful with spring sag with them tho lol. Pack the ccar up in the back and it'll dump like crazy :o

Additionally your stock shocks will just explode evenutally with these in, and you're well off checking the bump stops as well just in case.

That's craaaaazy.... Dangerous to be that low as Rob said! Kiss the shocks goodbye as well as your insurance and legality

That's craaaaazy.... Dangerous to be that low as Rob said! Kiss the shocks goodbye as well as your insurance and legality

yeah the only reason lovells made those springs were for show car purposes (it's in the disclaimer) lol

"Pack the ccar up in the back and it'll dump like crazy :o "

...put in 10 x 25Kg rice bags in ur boot wit King SLs...n u get...an A** that just looks like it floats!! :o :lol::clap:

...or stock stivo height n load up the back wit seats flat, with 25 x Cases of Crown Lager n bob's ur uncle...u got SL's!! :spiteful:

Lolz...i'm a delivery boy...i know :rolleyes:

...put in 10 x 25Kg rice bags in ur boot wit King SLs...n u get...an A** that just looks like it floats!! :o :lol::clap:

...or stock stivo height n load up the back wit seats flat, with 25 x Cases of Crown Lager n bob's ur uncle...u got SL's!! :spiteful:

:o :o :o

hahahaa yeah i know what you mean by packing the boot with heavy stuff cause i drove my car up to byron bay from sydney 11 hour drive one way ahahah and dyam when it was rolling it looked hot ncie and low cause atm i got King lows which i want superlow or something abit lower but i dont know....

King Superlows, Upgraded shocks and 3 people in the back causes my car to hit the bump stops. Thats a 50 odd mm drop.

So what happen if u upgrade to superlow without upgrade the shock?

My shocks died 6 months ago so i had to replace them, when i was going over bumps with the old shocks, i was hitting the bump stops without anyone in the back. On really big bumps i was hitting the front ones as well. I havent hit the front since the upgrade :D

If you drop your car real low without upgrading the shocks - please don't do any spirited cornering (not that you should be on the road anyway). Once you hit a sudden rise/bump in the road at decent speed and subsequently run out of suspension travel/hit the bump stops, you're in REAL trouble.

Oh also if something like that happens, you'll probably back off/hit the anchors.... and aroooouuunnnd you gooooo! Back-off oversteer bites you on the @ss :P

Guest JDM y0 !

lol i deliver tofu at 4am on mount akina (really called haruna btw) everymoring..... and my dad puts 2 big boxes of tofu... 1 is agedashi tofu (fried tofu) and i think its a bit heavier than the other box that is just normal tofu but it gives me a good super low look without me having to buy new springs.....

true............. i wish.

Edited by JDM y0 !

I don't get it, are the stock shocks in the stivo really that crap? lol. because i see on the rexnet and ozhonda forums alot of people upgrade their springs without shocks and they seem to work fine.

they were designed for standard travel and when you lower the travel the shocks wear out faster on any car. you can use the factory shocks but just be prepared that when you operate outside what they were made for they can wear out faster.

I don't get it, are the stock shocks in the stivo really that crap? lol. because i see on the rexnet and ozhonda forums alot of people upgrade their springs without shocks and they seem to work fine.

they were designed for standard travel and when you lower the travel the shocks wear out faster on any car. you can use the factory shocks but just be prepared that when you operate outside what they were made for they can wear out faster.

Yeah.

The lower you go, the harder they work, the sooner they die.

So upgrade when your stockers are passed it! :toast:

• 1 month later...

so if i get some coilovers which i wanna do...just dependingon time atm...would i need to roll my gaurds and also will i hit the bump stops with coilovers...?and am i right by saying i wouldnt need to change the shocks right stupid question but needed to ask LOL

and how low can you go with them lower then 65mm?

Edited by Jeff1018

so if i get some coilovers which i wanna do...just dependingon time atm...would i need to roll my gaurds and also will i hit the bump stops with coilovers...?and am i right by saying i wouldnt need to change the shocks right stupid question but needed to ask LOL

and how low can you go with them lower then 65mm?

with coilies its spring and shocks into 1 so your shocks and springs will be replaced by coilies, as for other questions i cant help u, i dont have coilovers :)

and also to add, i am already scrapping my muffler on some bumps, and i only have king low

Edited by sportiyo

second vote for Lovells superlows being the lowest.

Agreed there Dylan. They are the lowest that are readily available.

would that mean you gotta roll the gaurds and stuff...

not necessarily. depends on the offest of your wheels. Stocko's shouldn't touch on the lip of the guard.

King Superlows, Upgraded shocks and 3 people in the back causes my car to hit the bump stops. Thats a 50 odd mm drop.

So what happen if u upgrade to superlow without upgrade the shock?

what are the upgraded shocks?? If they are adjustable then what are they adjusted to???

Put superlows in and Sportivo shocks will die in no time. They will begin to leak oil, then start to creak as well as the constant hitting of the bump stops will cause them to split. Not sure if 1zz shocks die as quick but the Stivo ones drop their bundle in about 15k of putting springs in.

To replace the stock Sportivo or 1zz shocks with koni's that are adjustable will set you back about $1000 -1100. they have just had a price rise so not sure of exact amount. PM if you want to know more and I'll see if I can help :D