Improting My Caldina

Hello im after some info about importing my Caldina GT-T from New Zealand to QLD i have owned it for just over two years and from what i have read they are more leaneant on you if you have owned the vehicle for more than 12 months does anyone here have exp in Grey importing to Aus what do i have to make sure the car has to meet ADR compliance?

Any help appreciated

PS: Hello All

post-3614-1171870785_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dumped Dina

Nice, I love these cars :)

I think that this model Caldina now has REVS approval, if not, you would need to import 2 some one could be crash tested.

REVS???? whats that? ....I reckon that it would be probably one of only a few in Aus if any if i was to bring it with me :D

And for your infomation is a Gen iv powered 3sgte (2ltr turbo), also its not shall we say standed ......will this be a problem?

Current mods are cat back 3" fujitsubo zorst, custome intake with trust filter,hks seq bov, full Tein type wagon coilover suspension, makes 155.7kw @4wheels on 14.7psi boooost , obviously a JDM version al mods have been certed here in NZ

What do you reckon it would be worth in Aus seeing as you guys/girls get ripped off when it comes to cars?

Contact DOTARS via the link above, they're the only reliable source of information you can use for importing a vehicle to australia, as it's them you have to lodge the import approval with.

Ensure you read: http://www.dotars.gov.au/transport/safety/...rting.aspx#5.06

They will also be able to tell you if you need to get the car complianced throug the RAW/SEVS process, which includes things like fitment of ADR approved seatbelts, side intrusion bars, flat mirror glass, etc etc. The Caldina is not on the RAW list so your only option is to go down the personal import path..

To compliance a vehicle through the RAW/SEVS process, it has to be factory standard, eg no aftermarket wheels, intake, exhaust, cooler, ECU, suspension etc etc. The vehicles are also not allowed to have any previously repaired or unrepaired accident damage. Cars have failed compliance due to things like the sill panels being crushed from when a forklift was used to load the cars on the boat etc.

Edited by rollamods

• 8 months later...

Just to add to this. The ST215W is now eligible for SEVS which means you can import any old one as long as a RAWS does the compliance and the right paperwork is filled out before the car lands in the country.

If it is a personal import it does not need to be on SEVS and can be imported from NZ as long as you have had it registered etc in NZ for over a year continuously before importing it here.

Personal import rules from Japan are tougher than from NZ.

yeah i was looking into getting a caldina/stagea! It would be different to getting a forester or wrx wagon. They're becoming as common as camry's now! But im pretty keen on getting a hilux.

I've seen a few these being imported when i had my 33 imported. Although havent seen/heard of one in the ACT.. hmm, perhaps i should rethink the hilux....