Sportivo Photo's + Bendix Pads are Crap! what's the go.

BLKVVTIL

I just changed my 2003 Sportivo front brakes from Toyota Genuine to Bendix Sport, they have lost that beautiful bite they used to have, seem average now.

What's the go? I thought the brakes were the best feature of this car, now there very very average. I had the discs machines, and the fluids changed.

What's your opinion? Did I use the wrong pads, should I have gone Toyota Genuine?

This is my first post so I thought I would add a few photo's of my sportivo.

post-2681-1172219509_thumb.jpg

post-2681-1172219177_thumb.jpg

Edited by BLKVVTIL

I've got Bendix Heavy Duty pads in the front of my corolla and they are a heap better than stock, much stronger bite and i didn't even bother machining my rotors.

I think you made the mistake of getting the "sport" version - this is not hardcore enough, you need to get the $hit made for light industrial vehicles man :spiteful:

Try upgrading the rear pads also. The braking performance will deminish because the brake balance is all out of wack. How long have the pads been in? Because they may also need to bed in still. I haven't used Bendix before so I don't know their naming system, but isn't the 'advance' their performance pad?

Do these pads need bedding in?

I just drove from the sunshine coast from brissy and bak and they are still ****house, they should have bedded in by now. I'm thinking I need to have a winge to bendix that they are not up to standard/stock and see if I can get the ultimates.

the car has done about 70k, the rear's still seem to have a bit of meat left on them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just to advice ppll.. im a noob at performance but i can tell u that i kow that bendizx sucks hard the standards n e way LOL man im so ****** at it .. LOL .. wish i did research b 4 hand ... bendix brakes only lasted me for 1 month ROFL .. omG dat sucks so bad....i did hard a bit of hardbraking and i notice that it took longer for me to stop ... and that it F**** STINKS OMG !!! i like the toyota oems better... i rather clean the brake dust than to accept the smell that bendix gives out >< gross

lOl

anthony