Sportivo and the rpm kick

Jen

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LIFT hmmm.... yes I do remember lift BUT in 21 days I will be re-united with YES you guest it..Wait for it... L I F T

Did he lose his licence you may ask? NOT TELLIN!!!

By the way, welcome to our most humble forum, feel free to stay a while... or stay FOREVER!!!!!!!

Can't wait to be back onboard ;)

When shifting from 1st to 2nd in lift if i drop the clutch it sort grabs then lets go if that makes sense.... Im guessing this is a common problem and getting the clutch adjusted fixes this???

Hi Guys,

I've got a question for the Sportivo owners, I've got a '03 model which I bought late last year (I'm Lovin' it!). But I want to know how far you regularly push the RPMS?

I've read reviews saying they aren't designed to kick until 6000 and others swear it's 7. Mine starts to kick at 5500 and just keeps going till about 7 and to be honest I'm not really game to take it past that- at least not regularly- I feel like it's screaming.

What do you guys get to regularly? I mean, like this scenario: It's a Tuesday morning, your on your way to work, your first up at the lights and there's a grey haired Ford 1993 Feistiva driver next to you, what rpms do you hit (keeping in mind that though you know you're going to beat the festiva, you also want to show off, just a little bit....)

Thanks,

Jen

Racing off the lights; not really the sportivo's strong point, and if you like people thinking you're an idiot, go for it.

Anyway, if I am to race, I'm sitting between the 6,000 and 8,000 mark. Once I hit 8k, just before the red line, I double clutch it into 2nd and hit just above 6,000rpm and still in lift. The car flies to 100km/h. For a 4 cylinder N/A car it will surprise a lot of people.

It's a japanese car. They love the high revs, and perform best in them.

Much like the Skyline. You will never enjoy it as much if it's not pushed.

Make sure your engine is warm. If you're on your way to work and you're racing your engine so soon, you're bound to do some major damage.

A lot of friends call me crazy for even brining it over 6,000rpm. Only after do they realise this car performs at its peak in that range, and is made to do so.

P.S: Don't race off the lights or on the street. Just gets you into trouble, loss of license, loss of car. Loss of life; even if it's not yours. Take it to the track, that's where you'll get the most out of your cars performance anyway.

But if you really must, take it somewhere quiet at least :P

Sincerely,

Samuel

lol gooo stivooo!! woo hoo!

for those who hit lift 1st n stay in lift in second do u get a little tyre skid? coz i do n im abit uncertain if thats slower or faster to its potential.

also if u were to drag another sportivo with an inexperience driver do u seem to hit lift earlier on 1st?? lol

i felt like me n friends took off at the same time but i hit lift ealier.

for those who hit lift 1st n stay in lift in second do u get a little tyre skid? coz i do n im abit uncertain if thats slower or faster to its potential.

also if u were to drag another sportivo with an inexperience driver do u seem to hit lift earlier on 1st?? lol

:P :lol: :P at tyre skid

thats called chirping im pretty sure thats a good thing cuz well it looks and sounds cool lol it shows u have POWER!! :lol::yahoo: but yerh its all about the driver and at wat revs they take off and how much wheel spin u get. well i can chirp 1-2-3 not 3-4 yet :( :P

my 2 cents

thats called chirping im pretty sure thats a good thing cuz well it looks and sounds cool lol it shows u have POWER!! :lol::yahoo: but yerh its all about the driver and at wat revs they take off and how much wheel spin u get. well i can chirp 1-2-3 not 3-4 yet :( :P

my 2 cents

Kaze, u game man to keep in lift up to that speed on da melb roads.

Regarding shiftin from 1 - 2 in lift n stayin in lift...U don't need to have clutch adj or short shifter...i run a stock 05 setup...n shiftin from 1 - 2 - 3 in lift with chirping occurs fine. lolz jus gotta be a little harder on the gearstick :D...

As Senpai Kaze say...practise practise practise...u'll get it! :D :yahoo:

my 2 cents

Regarding shiftin from 1 - 2 in lift n stayin in lift...U don't need to have clutch adj or short shifter...i run a stock 05 setup...n shiftin from 1 - 2 - 3 in lift with chirping occurs fine. lolz jus gotta be a little harder on the gearstick :D...

i tried that but it crunched :unsure:

The 03's and 04's require the clutch adjustment to my knowledge. That's probably the reason why your 05 does not crunch.

The 05 had many different things on it besides the remodeled front so it seems.

my 2 cents

geez melb roads arent that bad lol i still crunch occasionlly lol when i cbf or try to hard i seem to crunch lol

nah its all about the clutch man i reckon just slam the foot down and smack it in gear LOL treat it like a wh0re! :lol: lmao @ senpai also ;)

can u land lift now jonny??? last time at the cafe u couldent lol :P i had to show u the waysss u gotta let me see u in action man :toast:

When I want to avoid crunching steve I put my chicken hat on and cover myself in...oh wait...sorry dude.

Being serious though, I found when slightly easing the stick to the left hand side it slots into the gate easier.

If you want Jen you can sit in my car or mickys when we meet up and take you for a drive.

Thanks mate, I'll take you up on that offer! I haven't got the hang of lift yet, I seem to automatically change gear before it hits the 6000 mark, I'm learning, but slowly!

I love lift, but first thing in the morning I seem to forget that I have it.

I'll have fun learning though :yahoo:

When I want to avoid crunching steve I put my chicken hat on and cover myself in...oh wait...sorry dude.

Being serious though, I found when slightly easing the stick to the left hand side it slots into the gate easier.

L M A O :lol:

hrmm ill try that 2mmorow morning :)

If you want Jen you can sit in my car or mickys when we meet up and take you for a drive.

Thanks mate, I'll take you up on that offer! I haven't got the hang of lift yet, I seem to automatically change gear before it hits the 6000 mark, I'm learning, but slowly!

I love lift, but first thing in the morning I seem to forget that I have it.

I'll have fun learning though :yahoo:

That's the way. Just take your time with it and let it come. I hated driving the thing at first, now it's second nature. The 2zz motor in these things sure as hell teach you how to quick shift @ high rpms (I shift at 8,000rpm if I'm really unleashing hell). Main key is keeping it within lift range when you change gears (when the gear change is done be quick so the revs only drop to just over 6).

take it easy though and get used to it first. yours looks to be nice cruiser (s/roof, low etc) so just cruise ;)

my 2 cents

geez melb roads arent that bad lol i still crunch occasionlly lol when i cbf or try to hard i seem to crunch lol

nah its all about the clutch man i reckon just slam the foot down and smack it in gear LOL treat it like a wh0re! :lol: lmao @ senpai also ;)

can u land lift now jonny??? last time at the cafe u couldent lol :P i had to show u the waysss u gotta let me see u in action man :toast:

Not Perfecto yet Kaze man, but yea say a 70-80% hit ratio. its jus sweet wen i do cause the skyline n commy peepz go.... :o wtf?...but then again, when i don hit it...its like arggghhh so humiliating!!! (beatin by -20K car)

depends on the car too...lolz sounds weird but i can tell wen my car is gonna run shiety for the day or is hummmin to unleash hell!! :lol:

Badboyz:

Its weird i find with my stivo...in order to drive smooth i got play a little harder on the clutch n gears...but when i wanna go hard i gotta ease off on the gear changing...but slam dat foot down. :huh: ... as for changes to the 05 stivos being more than just a pretty face...i dunno lolz...i jus drive...

thus said i have driven me mates 04 prefacelift red stock stivo N it did feel heavier to me, as if stiffer clutch n driving wise... :unsure:

Yeah understandable oVo. Whatever your comfort zone is in these things stick with it. These cars are more 'personalised' as the owner really gets the hang of how they drive with time. Any average joe would find them a pain in the a55 to drive if they sat in one for the first time, but who cares? You get used to it and we all find out different ways to unlock the power provided through technique. It makes us look like better drivers :lol:

Just goes to show Motor Mag knows f/a: "It was near impossible to land life in any gear range."

BZZZZT...WRONG MORONS. Friggin' fat, bald, polo wearing defeatists the lot of them. I drink a toast to all of my fellow sportivo owners, 'We know how to drive...'.

Just goes to show Motor Mag knows f/a: "It was near impossible to land life in any gear range."

BZZZZT...WRONG MORONS. Friggin' fat, bald, polo wearing defeatists the lot of them. I drink a toast to all of my fellow sportivo owners, 'We know how to drive...'.

WTF were you expecting Rob?!?!?!?!?!?!?

There's no Holden badge :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There's no Holden badge :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pushrod fags

Pushrod fags

Rofl...now now I still like pushrods V8's (that aren't driven by monkeyturds) :lol:

I double clutch it into 2nd

by the time you were double clutching into 2nd, i'd be almost ready to change into third... crunch or no crunch.

Whats the point in double clutching on the upshift???

Some poonce wanted to race just before in belco and i had the ***** till i crunched going into second :angry:

We'll check up on that. Wonder if it had the clutch adjustment. Check for a silver sticker on the drivers door too dude.

You didn't crunch next to me the other night did you? Didn't hear anything.

Reminds me, service service service. And some of that Redline gearbox oil.