Second cold air intake

pepper

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

I have a 1998 Camry CSI 3.0L V6. Yesterday, I just made a second cold air intake by myself :D (see photos), cut 2 holes and run 2 pipes down to front of front wheel. I have ordered a K&N air filter, it should be arrive next few days. Can't wait for it.

What do you guys think?

cai1.jpg

cai2.jpg

cool idea but why did u decide to have a 2nd CAI and not just make the one pipe bigger?

The reason why I did it that way is because it is easy to do (DIY), and I dont want to spend to much money for it (spend to something else :D ). I used 2 small pipes for easy access to small gaps under air intake box.

The idea is from my brother, he has an BA Falcon XR6 with a second CAI. What he did is bought a second CAI from FPV Typhoon, drilled a hole and fixed it in, quite easy.

I still haven't got the K&N air filter yet, hopefully it arrives next few days.

Next step is exhaust, one exhaust shop quoted me $300 for mild steel hi-fow cat or $350 for stainless steel one, 2.25 inch exhaust system for $300 or $550 with the cat. Is it expensive? what you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance

That sounds quite reasonable for a press-bent system from a hi-flow cat. To get a full system with some form of headers and mandrel-bent, you're looking at over $800, + cost of a new cat. I wouldn't really bother getting a full system; it's really just about noise as any gains will be fairly minimal.

• 2 weeks later...

cool idea but why did u decide to have a 2nd CAI and not just make the one pipe bigger?

The reason why I did it that way is because it is easy to do (DIY), and I dont want to spend to much money for it (spend to something else :D ). I used 2 small pipes for easy access to small gaps under air intake box.

The idea is from my brother, he has an BA Falcon XR6 with a second CAI. What he did is bought a second CAI from FPV Typhoon, drilled a hole and fixed it in, quite easy.

I still haven't got the K&N air filter yet, hopefully it arrives next few days.

Next step is exhaust, one exhaust shop quoted me $300 for mild steel hi-fow cat or $350 for stainless steel one, 2.25 inch exhaust system for $300 or $550 with the cat. Is it expensive? what you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance

thats a fair price. then i would suggest you getting a piggyback.