1/4 mile time slips

i've lookd at the 1/4 mile time slips and compared it to the yanks. how come our timeslips are so much better than theirs?

i read somewhere that the stock corolla with a 1zz and supercharger only did 16.8 and a stock rolla does 18sec.

if im doin 16.6... with my current tune. or a tiny bit better with camcon.

if i plus a supercharger to it.. and lets say add 40hp or 40kw to the motor ( i dunno wat these thing put out at the motor) . would that get me into the low 15s.? Ie 15.3-4?

Edited by DuGong

the petrol they use is crap ..... i believe the best petrol they have available to them is 93 ron and even then it isnt available everywhere .....

If your looking at the Matrix vs the Sportivo, they dont get lift until 6800rpm. This would mean you fall out of lift every time you change gears rather than having no problems landing it on every change in a sportivo.

I haven't checked, but maybe they are heavier too?

The fuel would obviously also be an issue.

From the reading I've done TRD claims 30% more power. So the 100kw at the flywheel would be 130kw. But torque is another story, you get alot more down low and from what Grimlock had stated from his experience (Now Blue Rolla's S/C - Hurry up dude unleash the BEAST! :spiteful: ) Traction becomes a problem :D

Yes, keep in mind he had a Unichip, SRI, headers and full exhaust extracting more potential from the system.

TRD quotes their power from adding the S/C to a standard car retaining the standard airbox (They supply a better snorkle if anyone has it I'll take it he he :D) and standard exhaust system and their own pre-programmed ecu which doesn't work for us but as you can imagine would be tuned a little on the conservative side.

but his was only a base corolla not a sportivo so the power his making is about right.

americans love na because they dont get a cool turbo nissans like we do no skylines, no s15's

Edited by vyets