Silverchair

Dead

Their new album looks interesting. I've been listening to Straight Lines intently as well. The guys are just amazing, and Daniel is looking much healhier these days as well. They embody the spirit of evolution with music. I think that needs to be realised more these days, what with the music industry being full of money making tone deaf grubs who pray on innocent people, zapping them of time and money and making a fortune from them.

Thoughts on the guys?

I had Straight Lines in my head all day yesterday, I finally got rid of it and now it's back in there again :P

you *****... nah, I wasn't a fan of their early stuff but they have matured well as a band.

Ya, i never used to be a fan, but then diorama came out, and i couldna believe it was silverchair.

very orchestral, with lotsa different sounds adding depth and richness to their tunes.

Couldn't have said it better myself Badboyz.

Without bands like this, we would all still be listening to the same kind of music forever.

Straight lines is awesome, cant wait to hear the rest of the album.

you can see that their style in the music they produce has changed as the band grows older... but you can feel theres always some personal meaning behind the lyrics that pretty much consistantly shines through in all of their albums.

great aussie talent i say!

Loved a the first album to bits.At first they were RAAWRR gritty,after that they went a lil left field,but wen Daniel did the Disassocaites i loved the sounds from there ive been hooked.. The latest album is a kracker...theyve evolved now..& sound very mature..at least Dannys no longer wearing the eye patch of yester year & gained a lil weight on the video clip..like a pound or so lol :D :D

All that dance stuff makes me want to stab myself in my ear canals at times.

Fair suck of the sav cobba :P

'At times' lol haha.

I knew you'd post in here dude :lol:

DJ Simo makes awesome workout music :D

I do like the Chair but Straight Lines isn't really them. First time I heard it I hated it but it has since grown on me. It's still not very them though...

Agreed that DJ is looking healthier these days. Natalie Imbruglia must be looking after him pretty well.

Silverchair are one of those bands that evolve continually. Whether it be the end of them or not, they still do it for their own fulfillment. The Smashing Pumpkins were (I should say 'are' :P) in that same boat. They still had their die hard fans who truely appreciated their music at the end of the day, because in essence, it was the Smashing Pumpkins they loved, not just one album. I think that's the reason silverchair are still around to this day, they keep people listening...not necessarily 'buying'.

Fact: Billy Corgan (Pumpkins) wrote and produced many a song for Natalie Imbrulia. Daniel Johns has also been a huge fan of Corgans too ;)