Removal of glued down plastic sign on boot lid

CheekySportivo

Hi guys,

I have a plastic sign that has my business adverstising on one of my cars and it is now time to sell my car but the only problem I have is that the plastic signage was actually glued down on the car by the signwriting company.

I am now just wanting any feedback or any information for the best possible methods or procedures to remove this from my car without damage its precious paint work.

If there are any panel beaters or anyone who has any expertise in this type of thing or who has perhaps

experienced this same problem I would really appreciate your assistance.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Hi guys,

I have a plastic sign that has my business adverstising on one of my cars and it is now time to sell my car but the only problem I have is that the plastic signage was actually glued down on the car by the signwriting company.

I am now just wanting any feedback or any information for the best possible methods or procedures to remove this from my car without damage its precious paint work.

If there are any panel beaters or anyone who has any expertise in this type of thing or who has perhaps

experienced this same problem I would really appreciate your assistance.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

vinyl is easy to remove. you can do it cold but it is better to warm it up either leave your car out in the sun for an hour or heat it up with a hairdryer. take your time with pulling it off as rushing it can catch too much and pull a patch of duco from your panel.

give it a polish and wax afterwards. if it is on glass then you can use metho to give it a good clean to clear away all glue residue. to clear glue residue from any painted panels use anything paint safe such as bug and tar remover.

Edited by kcorro

vinyl is easy to remove. you can do it cold but it is better to warm it up either leave your car out in the sun for an hour or heat it up with a hairdryer. take your time with pulling it off as rushing it can catch too much and pull a patch of duco from your panel.

give it a polish and wax afterwards. if it is on glass then you can use metho to give it a good clean to clear away all glue residue. to clear glue residue from any painted panels use anything paint safe such as bug and tar remover.

so do u rekon just heat it up and try carefully lifting it to then remove?

sounds too easy!

Edited by Cheeky Age

OOMPH! remover!

spray, smells a lot like lemon.. think the acidity in the lemon is what does the job. spray on, leave for a minute or 2 to soak in and remove!

then you gotta rinse.. might damage paint but i dont know that for certain. just 2 be on the safe side once it comes off, rinse it clean

available at woolies, big W and bunnings.

http://www.pascoes.com.au/products.php?which=117&level=6

i have never needed to use chemicals to take anything off my car. only needed to use stuff for cleaning up after. i have taken off everything from badges to side moulds, vinyl and window tint. everything done with a hairdryer.

Edited by kcorro

im just saying whats worked 4 me. ive used hairdryer as well... if 1 method doesnt work then try the other 1.

if you wanna sit there for a few minutes with a hairdryer then y not...

as long as you get the gunk off then your happy :clap:

Treat it the same as all other badgework on the car that is usually removed.

Hair Dryer to heat it up then a little fishing line underneath it,....ir use a long razer blade if you know how to be careful