My ZR6

mkay

I Picked my ZR6 on last weekend, it was actually a couple of weeks ahead of schedule.

I would have preferred to wait until the car was lowered before posting photos but I encountered a problem. I fitted my 20" wheels and took the car to L&S springs in Darwin to have Lowered King springs fitted. The guys there spent 4 hours fitting the springs only to find that with the bigger wheels and 245 tyres it was going to scrub the inside of the rear guards, so they had to refit the standard springs. It was a $200 lesson. (They told me I didn't have to pay anything but they worked until 4pm on Saturday so I couldn't give them nothing)

Spoke to the company that lowered the Aurion in one of my previous posts

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=12322

They said they used Pedders springs and they had no problems so I'll have to give them a shot. Only thing is I'm moving to Perth in 3 weeks time so it will have to wait until I get there.

Have to post the pics over a couple of posts because they are fairly big.

post-5511-1194647444_thumb.jpg

That car cries sex all over it :), looks sweet as once you lower it, especially with the wheels tucking inwards a bit :P..

Yeah I heard pedders worked on aurions as well.

Well 245's Mkay said that it would scrape if lowered so if your not planning to lower your car then should be ok, im assuming you'll be on 8.5" deep rims?

you can try 235's?

That looks hot!!!! :toast:

Checkout Pedders, I lowered mine last week with Pedders springs. Got them fitted at my local bob jane - better service.

Lowered it 55mm. If its not raining tomorrow, i'll wash it and post some photos.

Edited by DKzr6

Also another question...

What did you do with the stocky 17's? did you trade them,sell, or shelfed away?

I've still got the stock 17's. I'll try and sell them when I get to Perth. I'll probably be easier to find a buyer down there.

question: now with the 20 rim and lowered, how heavy is the steering wheel? 50% more or 100%? very concerned with these..

I only drove the car about 20km with the standard wheels on so it's hard to make the comparison, but the steering is not heavy at all now. I really doubt that bigger wheels and 60mm more rubber on the road would make a great deal of difference.