Just a picture of a 3s-ge

SeiferST162

Just thought id show her off. had a little work done to a import 3s-ge. All the normal stuff new pistons, Port and polish, new cams, High flow TRD injectors, Valve springs and new intakes all while keeping the classic 3s-ge look.

Dyno stats: 167hp @6000 rpm .....no turbo....yet!

post-7452-1211885858_thumb.jpg

Edited by SeiferST162

i know with the 3SGTE the internals are turbo ready (obviously) would you have to replace all your internals with forged parts before going turbo? or is it ready to go? also what about compression?

There is a fair bit of work to do in order to get the 3s-ge ready for a turbo, valve spings and pistons ect need to be changed depending on how must boost you want to run other than that the 3s-ge is a pretty good candidate for some extra boost B)

• 4 weeks later...
Just thought id show her off. had a little work done to a import 3s-ge. All the normal stuff new pistons, Port and polish, new cams, High flow TRD injectors, Valve springs and new intakes all while keeping the classic 3s-ge look.

Dyno stats: 188hp @6000 rpm 0-100 7.7 secs .....no turbo....yet!

woah thats some wild figures for a 1st gen!

i thought mine was powerful coming in at 131 front wheel hp .... hahaha

very nice work mate!! got the dyno graph?

Edited by alman162

Dyno stats: 188hp @6000 rpm 0-100 7.7 secs .....no turbo....yet!

woah thats some wild figures for a 1st gen!

i thought mine was powerful coming in at 131 front wheel hp .... hahaha

very nice work mate!! got the dyno graph?

Yeah got the dyno graph somewhere ill post it as soon as i can find it. Just had a break up with my girlfriend so my stuff is kinda everywhere at the moment. It was dyno'ed at Sandown Raceway at the "easternats" Few little problems starting to show up though. chews through tires very fast, Even when im not really trying it will chew through a good set of toyo's pretty easy. and for a laugh a friend of mine helped me run a turbo to it but i took it off after it stared bubbling the paint work on the bonnet and side panel. And it keeps shaking at anything over 240kph.... Just so you know i only do better than 240 on a track...I dont want to meet elvis just yet

• 1 month later...
haha i can see it chewing through tyres now!

what a machine of an n/a 1st gen!

still cant get my head around those figures!

have you stumbled across that dyno graph yet? :P

Still no luck finding the dyno graph. Not from lack of searching though. its off the road at the moment, While the guys at the performance shop mess everything up on it. Example ordering parts for a 5sfe and wondering why they dont fit. Then calling me to ask what kind of engine it is? :blink: My answer "So your looking at the engine now?" "ahh oh umm yeah (insert bango sound here)" "well tilt ya head to the left..." "ummm yeah. i see a grey plastic looking bit..." "O..K... now whats it say?" "Duuh Yamaha 3S-GE" "Brilliant. Thanks for your call....beep beep"

First and LAST time they touch my machine :(

almost feel offended them mistaking a 3sge for a 5sfe!

Almost? Felt like they stabbed me or something. I'll leave the ladies with the 5sfe. Sorry to those guys who own one. But i think they should be painted pink so you know what your getting when you lift the bonnet.

haha a pink 5s, that wouldn't be so weird now i think about it haha

Don't worry about the dyno mate. If you find it, you find it. If not its all good!

I cannot BELIEVE they messed that up!! Why are they in the 'performance' business?!! I bet they mainly work on nissan engines or something...

haha a pink 5s, that wouldn't be so weird now i think about it haha

Don't worry about the dyno mate. If you find it, you find it. If not its all good!

I cannot BELIEVE they messed that up!! Why are they in the 'performance' business?!! I bet they mainly work on nissan engines or something...

Still looking for the dyno. Its personal now! lol B) Umm not quite nissans but HONDA ~shakes fist~ thats what i get for taking my car to the people responsable for those annying loud civics with no power! Fingers crossed i get a phone call with some good news today. Driving around in my girlfriends lazer is painful. Even more so when my mates at work introduce me as the guy with the really fast car....Then the door of the rusty ford lazer opens and i step out....Ouch :(

• 2 weeks later...

haha well, just post the dyno graph up when you get it !

How does it feel when the extra butterflies open up?? Mines running well atm, but i wish i had that extra 50+ hp that you have on tap!

Whats the secret? lol

I want to go for a drive in it to see what difference it makes having that extra power ;) ;)

mmm damn ford lasers.... only good one is the TX3 turbo 4x4 one, but apparently they have weak g/boxes lol unlucky!