Carbon Fibre Style Mirrors

If your a cyclist...i'm sorry

Yesterday i pretty much cleaned up a cyclist. here is the situation

1. 70 zone

2. cyclist in left hand lane (doing 50)

3. Me overtakes cyclist, then indicates left (15m ahead of turn), and brakes slowly

4. Cyclist cleans himself up and takes out whole left indicator

5. Cyclist face plants - some scratches, but soldiers on to work

So i sorta cut him off, and left him minimal time to slow down :unsure: ...

Anyway - i went to toyota today, and i was quoted $475 for ONE replacement mirror!!!

I've been cruisin' ebay looking at those 'carbon fibre m3 style indicator implanted' mirrors and was wondering:

1. Does any one on the forums have this style?

2. Are there any How-To's or fitting instructions for this install taht one of our own have created?

3. How do you take off the original mirrors??

*i've seen E-gene's ones, which are sick, but my whole frikkin' mirror got smacked outta place and snapped - so i have to duct tape the "project Elchepo" with 'elchepo' tape >_<

Cheers in advance

its not that hard to replace,

if remeber correctly

there's are cover on the inside of the car, its opposite side of the mirror

pop this cover off, and 3 10mm nuts should appear

unbolt them off and the mirror should slip out with abit of a nudge

now the trick bit is the wiring, im pretty sure it runs inside the door,

if thats the case the door trim has to come off, if the they made the connecting plug towards the top then its just unplug it and plug in the new one. pm with pics and ill comfirm it, plus i dont have are corolla, but im going off the top of my head as other toyotas are similiar

cheers

I noticed this speaker gizmo directly behind the electric mirror assembly - but i don't think it's actually a speaker, as no sound is emitted from it at all?

Maybe i'll give it a yank and we'll see what happens?

i came across this ricer mod, i think i might give this one a try...

Ebay Carbon Fibre Style Mirrors

that way i guess the 'carbon fibre' mirrors can sorta compliment the TRD grill :rolleyes:

cheers for the info as well ralyrt

Edited by RME1

dude,

1st of all..... poor cyclist!!!! geezz!!!!

secondly.. dont get ripped off by that bloke on ebay!

take a look @ this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-05-TOYOT...016447330QQrdZ1

looks pretty much exactly the same as the mirrors you found... but check the price.

for just US$9.95 + US$50 postage from US = $60US = $78.3786Aust.

ive had my eye out on this baby 4 a while now.. been wanting to buy this myself bro but you know my situation hahaha!

damn still havent finished my spoiler... gotta get that shiit finished before i get anything else.

also i spent many hours looking at that pic trying to figure out if those would actually fit an aussie corolla.. dont wanna get burnt buying parts that really dont fit, plus those indicator lights... how do you get them wired up?!?!

buy it n tell me what happenz... then i may consider gettting my cousin in vegas to buy it 4 me b4 my parents go up there this month ;)

save me $50US on the delivery!

I noticed this speaker gizmo directly behind the electric mirror assembly - but i don't think it's actually a speaker, as no sound is emitted from it at all?

Maybe i'll give it a yank and we'll see what happens?

i came across this ricer mod, i think i might give this one a try...

Ebay Carbon Fibre Style Mirrors

that way i guess the 'carbon fibre' mirrors can sorta compliment the TRD grill :rolleyes:

cheers for the info as well ralyrt

i've placed a purchase order via ebay for the mirrors that JJCRU23R has brought to my attention - outta stubborness and desperateness, i have not bothered to check if it will fit or not...what's $80 bucks anyway :rolleyes: Stay tuned

• 3 weeks later...

After an anxious 3 week wait - i have finally recieved the mirrors!!

The Carbon Mirrors!!! O_O

2368301_27_full.jpg

I tried them on a demo run tonight:

1. They fit nice B)

2. I wouldn't know how they looked 2 meters away as the screws they provided me are too small to secure the mirror

3. Connecting the power mirror unit up isn't too bad - but it's the indicator assembly connector i'm worried about

4. I don't know what colour the indicator is... so if it's blue - i'd be a cop magnet ... if it's white - it's probably equally as heat seeking but i can live with it

Do any of the TOCA community know what size screw can be used to firmly secure the electric mirrors?

Cheers to Jason for pointing me to the right direction - you now can ask the missus for permission to purchase these mirrors :P - i'd go the non power adjust ones - less hassle and cheaper!!

So far...it appears to be $80 well spent - as opposed to the ridiculous 475 for one mirror from Toyota

Edited by RME1

After an anxious 3 week wait - i have finally recieved the mirrors!!

The Carbon Mirrors!!! O_O

I tried them on a demo run tonight:

1. They fit nice B)

2. I wouldn't know how they looked 2 meters away as the screws they provided me are too small to secure the mirror

3. Connecting the power mirror unit up isn't too bad - but it's the indicator assembly connector i'm worried about

4. I don't know what colour the indicator is... so if it's blue - i'd be a cop magnet ... if it's white - it's probably equally as heat seeking but i can live with it

Do any of the TOCA community know what size screw can be used to firmly secure the electric mirrors?

Cheers to Jason for pointing me to the right direction - you now can ask the missus for permission to purchase these mirrors :P - i'd go the non power adjust ones - less hassle and cheaper!!

So far...it appears to be $80 well spent - as opposed to the ridiculous 475 for one mirror from Toyota

NICE 1!!!!!

MY PARENTS ARE STILL IN LAS VEGAS... U THINK I SHOULD ASK THEM TO GET IT SENT THERE? APPARently they dont have a weight limit on their baggage on the way home hahahahha :))

if i get those then im going to get the same model... power window option.

nice buy jules! hurry up and tell us if its a perfect fit so i can order it already! parents are staying there til mid september.

NICE 1!!!!!

MY PARENTS ARE STILL IN LAS VEGAS... U THINK I SHOULD ASK THEM TO GET IT SENT THERE? APPARently they dont have a weight limit on their baggage on the way home hahahahha :))

if i get those then im going to get the same model... power window option.

nice buy jules! hurry up and tell us if its a perfect fit so i can order it already! parents are staying there til mid september.

ARGGHHH!! The Goose still needs to be repaired!!! But i trial fitted it and it fits perfect!! - wait for two weeks and i should get it installed - having trouble with connecting the indicators - NFI >_<::;

I'll try to scab a free install via the panel beaters HEHEHEhe

That link u posted on Ebay - i bought them

3 week wait - some unanswered emails -___-;; *stress*

dunno if the indicator lights are xenon (white), blue (heat seeker) or amber (stress less)

:ph34r:

If they are a different colour you should be able to change the bulbs in them? Unless they are sealed?

Apparently, you can interchange them - but the cover appears to be sealed quite firmly? ...dunno - i shall investigate later on tonight... how do u think i could get the indicators worknig? ? just connect the live wires to a AA battery?? :huh:

wait theres no directions on how 2 connect the wires????

im assuming you had to run wires down to the closest indicator and splice the wire & twist n solder em together... if that makes sense.

the wiring is included is it not?!

im assuming you had to run wires down to the closest indicator and splice the wire & twist n solder em together... if that makes sense.

No wiring instructions man...D to I to the Y >_<;;

No wiring instructions man...D to I to the Y >_<;;

dats fcukd man!

but yea it shouldnt be any different to the time i installed the LED windshield water spray thingys on my bundera. made them blink just like my indicators. but the wires on those nozzles were heaps long they reached all the way to the indicators on the headlights. connected them just as i described in my last reply.

HOW LONG ARE THE WIRES IN THE REAR VIEW MIRRORS?

Sorry Jase, i didn't really asnwer your question b4 LOL - the wiring is included - wiring for

1. the power mirriors - had a sneaky peeky for the wiring assembly by taking off the front door trims and the wiring is pretty generous - the wiring is split into three lead connector thingos (will take pictures tonight :D) U know the adaptor's for the wiring and stuff? -- well, that isn't included so i think some soldering or maybe $2 d$ick smith application maydo ?

2. the indicators -- the indicator wiring is pretty long that you could connect the two wires together and go skipping :lol: -- sneaky peeky as well...and i have N -to the F- to the idea -__-;; .... i'm pretty much FUBAR on this point

the Just Car's assessor dudeagadget comes in today - so hopefully the Goose can be in the panel beaters/rehab by Thursday *here's hoping :ph34r: **must scab free install**

Sorry Jase, i didn't really asnwer your question b4 LOL - the wiring is included - wiring for

1. the power mirriors - had a sneaky peeky for the wiring assembly by taking off the front door trims and the wiring is pretty generous - the wiring is split into three lead connector thingos (will take pictures tonight :D) U know the adaptor's for the wiring and stuff? -- well, that isn't included so i think some soldering or maybe $2 d$ick smith application maydo ?

2. the indicators -- the indicator wiring is pretty long that you could connect the two wires together and go skipping :lol: -- sneaky peeky as well...and i have N -to the F- to the idea -__-;; .... i'm pretty much FUBAR on this point

the Just Car's assessor dudeagadget comes in today - so hopefully the Goose can be in the panel beaters/rehab by Thursday *here's hoping :ph34r: **must scab free install**

yea i think ull be alright with the power window wiring...

but yea, the indicator wiring sounds heaps long so yea i think if you connect those to the indicators positive +negative wires, then youre set.

as 4 changing the bulb, theres always a way round those things, just gotta think.. could the mirror be removed 2 expose the back of the light bullb? the lense of the lightbulb might have a little spot where you could possible open it if you stuck a coin or a flat screwdriver into it? i dunno i havent taken a look just taking a guess

Edited by JJCRU23R

hehe - whilst ur reading - i think i may have to go to Bunnings and do the good old - let's find any screws trick and bore out the drill holes to fit the mirror assembly --- pretty shattered taht the screws to actually secure the damn mirror wasn't included <_< oh wellz, dad works for telstra and for the past 10 years has fears redundancy, so he has been 'stocking' up - with things he 'found' ... i'm sure i could use some of the bits and pieces he has found for good use LOL

:lol:

*i'll have a go at prying out the light cover tonight* *fingers crossed everything works out*

HAHA!!! Just Cars just cleared me for repairs :P quick 15 min assessment - i even scabbed a FREE INSTALL!!! The Goose goes to rehab for 5 days starting Friday*

Edited by RME1

hehe - whilst ur reading - i think i may have to go to Bunnings and do the good old - let's find any screws trick and bore out the drill holes to fit the mirror assembly --- pretty shattered taht the screws to actually secure the damn mirror wasn't included <_< oh wellz, dad works for telstra and for the past 10 years has fears redundancy, so he has been 'stocking' up - with things he 'found' ... i'm sure i could use some of the bits and pieces he has found for good use LOL

:lol:

*i'll have a go at prying out the light cover tonight* *fingers crossed everything works out*

HAHA!!! Just Cars just cleared me for repairs :P quick 15 min assessment - i even scabbed a FREE INSTALL!!! The Goose goes to rehab for 5 days starting Friday*

UPDATE US JULEZ?! WHATS HAPPENED WITH THE MIRRORS?

UPDATE US JULEZ?! WHATS HAPPENED WITH THE MIRRORS?

Itching for an update? hehehe stay tuned - loading pics as we speak :D

...beware of rice...

2368301_33_full.jpg

2368301_31_full.jpg

2368301_32_full.jpg

Edited by RME1

UPDATED!!!

- 70 bucks

- same link as Jason suggested via ebay

- these people are slow in responding

- i'll tell u more about the rice factor later

- Carlos can see it and laugh at me tomorrow

- 'Complex' install?

Enjoy

HEAT SEEKER

2368301_34_full.jpg

1st Impression Test:

- Night time -

I was in the drive way and turned on the parkers/lights - then proceded to indicate... .... the white light indicator and blue light indicator bounce back and fourth like a UFO or frikkin' Pokie Machine... ... :o SUPER SAIYAN RICE BURNER LEVEL 7!!!! - ermm.... not for me - so my lil bro and i cut the wire that was connected to the parkers. Much better B) Pointers:

1. If you get some - get a pro to install it ... i had no idea and had the opportunity to get it done for free

2. If you get some - and cbf with power mirrors - go with non power mirrors which are LITERRALLY $25 ODD BUCKS FOR A PAIR SHIPPED FROM USA!!!

3. These are paintalbe - but who cars? fake cfb is cool B)

4. These cannot be folded back

5. These mirrors are the size of your palm

6. Indicators are white. During night time, if u have parkers on - there is a blue light (as above) which illuminates - i think cop magnet. Then if ur indicating "see above description in 1st Impressions Test" - it turns ur car into a rice burning heat seeker... but if u like that.... ...

Get some - especially thoes with cbf bonnets - it would look COOL - *COUGH * BangN* *COUGH*