How have you made your Aurion ( / Camry?) stand out from the pack?

Forumuser

G'day

Seems a little bit quiet around these parts so I figure you all won't mind another post.

Since I started driving my Aurion on a daily basis, it's like suddenly all I see are Aurions and Camrys that look literally identical (white is a very popular choice where I live apparently). Was at my mechanic's the other day and he said to go look in the carpark of the business just across the road, sure enough every car in their carpark was a white Aurion, carbon copy of mine! Went shopping the other day and actually pushed my trolley up to somebody else's car by mistake!

I love the way the Aurion looks and I don't really have any desire to radically modify anything (that being said I'm open to suggestion, convince me otherwise!) but I'm wondering if any of you have made the effort to stand out from the crowd? What did you do? How hard was it? Any photos?

5 hours ago, campbeam said:

Member Full-Throttle has a very worthwhile thread with lots of modifications and photos

Cheers mate. I guess you could say I've done a few things here and there to make it stand out a little :happy:

Build thread is in my signature below.

Interesting - out here in NZ I rarely see another Aurion,  what I see Toyota is mostly Silver Corollas, and lots and lots of Commodores and Falcons. But then we are rural, and a good hour away from nearest city (Wellington). 

8 hours ago, V6_fan said:

Interesting - out here in NZ I rarely see another Aurion,  what I see Toyota is mostly Silver Corollas, and lots and lots of Commodores and Falcons. But then we are rural, and a good hour away from nearest city (Wellington). 

You're not alone. I live in Auckland and I'm lucky to see 3 Aurions a week. I see hundreds of Camrys, Commodores & Falcons though, and thousands of Corollas, Wish's etc. I like that there aren't many Aurions on the roads here though, makes them more unique, and gives the Commodore/Falcon drives something to glare at, lol.

I third that i'm in auck and i may see one or two one being my fathers lol. mine is the same colour as full throttles but no skirts or spoilers being the grande but i have put the black 18s from my fathers 2016 zr6. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Full-Throttle said:

You're not alone. I live in Auckland and I'm lucky to see 3 Aurions a week. I see hundreds of Camrys, Commodores & Falcons though, and thousands of Corollas, Wish's etc. I like that there aren't many Aurions on the roads here though, makes them more unique, and gives the Commodore/Falcon drives something to glare at, lol.

And give them a shock when you zoom past, as they reckon it's just a Camry  (I have actually been asked if it's a new style Camry). Aurion is definitely a bit of a sleeper (or 'Q' car if you're an ex-pom like me), and I like it that way, so personally I wouldn't add anything, but, hey, it's your car, so your choice.   Wouldn't be surprised if the cops get TRD versions in standard bodies - it's the kind of thing the UK cops used to do.   I just love the way the engine goes from being almost silent to that wonderful low key growl ....

• 4 weeks later...

I hate when some ignorant person asks what car i drive and when I say Aurion, they say you mean a Camry ?.

I then say.... NO..... Aurion.

They stopped making V6 camrys a very long time ago.

Aurion and Camry don't compare.

I hate 4 cyl cars full stop.

I love the driving dynamic of the 2GR-FE 

What a great engine and it will reward you if you drive it smoothly.

As for how to make mine stand out ?

I think a clean, straight and shiny car will always stand out.

I'm pretty fussy with my cars and only use boutique car care products to keep mine in great condition.

Foam pre soak.

2 bucket wash (PH Neutral car soap)

Acid free wheel cleaner. (using the appropriate wheel brushes)

I always clean the inner guard sections too with high pressure washer.

Aqua wax and a high quality micro fibre drying towel.

Tyre dressing to finish off.

That's what makes my Prodigy stand out.