Drawing power overnight/ couple days

Trd017

Hey, my 07 Trd Aurion is drawing battery charge overnight/couple nights. Have had alternator replaced and battery replaced. Been to two auto electrics and still no problem they can piont out. Longest it went was 5 days and then came out to start it and it was dead in the morning. Any help would be much appreciated. 

I had this issue with our ZR6. I trialed turning the switch off overnight and didn't have any further issues for the next 2 years before selling the car.

Not saying it will have the same result for you, but it's worth a shot.

16 minutes ago, Trd017 said:

Yeh but it drains that battery that bad that its hard to start. 

Prime example why I prefer jumper leads. If the jump pack is old and tired or has a low CCA, it will struggle.

I made a mental note when a workmate who was a golf player had similar battery problem with his Commodore. Ended up being the golf bag bent the switch out of position so the light in the boot stayed on. I encountered the same flat battery issue with another vehicle of mine with the door light staying lit. If possible, check the lights in the boot and doors are not staying on.

I would suggest buying a multi meter (about $20) and running a few quick checks. I would start with checking your battery and alternator. I know that you say that they have been replaced, but it takes about five minutes and you can tick that off your list (just youtube battery check and follow the steps).

Next I would run through the car and try these steps as described here:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/technology/how-to/a5859/how-to-stop-car-battery-drains/

4 hours ago, shilbus said:

I would suggest buying a multi meter (about $20) and running a few quick checks. I would start with checking your battery and alternator. I know that you say that they have been replaced, but it takes about five minutes and you can tick that off your list (just youtube battery check and follow the steps).

Next I would run through the car and try these steps as described here:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/technology/how-to/a5859/how-to-stop-car-battery-drains/

Thanks Paul for the link. This is all interesting stuff.
I have only had this happen once (I left a door partly open overnight).
However with modern motor vehicles having more electronic and computerised gizmos, my guess is that this situation will occur more frequently.