Power for 2nz

2NZ-FE

You will be better off upgrading to the Yaris YRS with the 1.5litre 1NZ-FE engine.

Personally for highway driving, I would be looking at upgrading to a Corolla Hatchback rather than the Yaris.

Thanks campbeam. I have a bigger vehicle for highway run or long drives. Just incase I want more power on the Yaris Yr? Don’t want to change vehicle.

just really after things to do and what to do. Love playing around with cars that is the reason why I ask. 

Cheers,

38 minutes ago, 2NZ-FE said:

just really after things to do and what to do. Love playing around with cars that is the reason why I ask.

I am very much into preventative maintenance and optimization/efficiency preferring to keep my vehicles stock standard.

With that approach, you could look at high flow air filter, iridium spark plugs and high quality low viscosity synthetic oil.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, campbeam said:

I am very much into preventative maintenance and optimization/efficiency preferring to keep my vehicles stock standard.

One size does not fit all.

2 hours ago, 2NZ-FE said:

Forced induction is a sure way to gain power. Everything else is hit and miss. How much money do you want to throw at it?

2 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

One size does not fit all.

Forced induction is a sure way to gain power. Everything else is hit and miss. How much money do you want to throw at it?

Not that much though. So forced induction is out of the game. :) 

i think I will end up with Pod filter and upgrade exhaust sytem

7 hours ago, 2NZ-FE said:

Not that much though. So forced induction is out of the game. :) 

i think I will end up with Pod filter and upgrade exhaust sytem

You will not make noticable power(possibly none at all) then. You will just make it louder.

A supercharger or turbo will add about 50% more power.  A standard 1.3 is 63 kW. Standard 1.5 is 81 kW (109 HP) or 150 HP with a turbo/super charger.

If you squeeze a 2ZZ Corolla engine with 180 HP into an Echo you would notice more of a difference.

Other improvements recommended would be strut brace and coil overs and if you're really keen a Scion rear axle and trailing arms.

James

Hello trentneyer23, thank for the info mate.

Hello JBM, thank you for the info. Not into engine swap. For super charge around how much am I looking at spending? 

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2018 at 4:04 PM, trentmeyer23 said:

This is a form of forced induction, which you said was out of the question.

Yes I know it is a form of force induction. Just want to know. Comparing against engine swap. :)

• 1 month later...