Sydney Corolla Meet

Dam the meet was fun.

Only 2 hondas came out,

Common guys post up some pics.

One more thing, when you people left me and Ken Silver Stivo, had proper testing with a JDM b16a, and he lost. Cool be shifting, but it was a close battle.

That was definitely a good night. Shame about all the stone chips :angry: Influx, i think you better get that windscreen looked at before the "star" starts to spread.

Xoom, you should have lined it up properly so we could all see how the unichip performed against the stocker.

One more thing, when you people left me and Ken Silver Stivo, had proper testing with a JDM b16a, and he lost. Cool be shifting, but it was a close battle.

Sorry guys! :blink: it's true.

Those JDM integras are damn quick. the guy had a worn clutch and still manage to get the jump on me. it's true about our cars being top end performers. He would always get out ahead right at the begining and then when i was in lift i would hold and begin to reel him in.

Here is the run down:

Integra: early 90's integra with stock JDM B16a engine with exhaust. (worn clutch)

Sportivo: 03 model stock sportivo. (crappy driver :P )

Race conditions: Rolling start at 20Km/h <_< (hard to synchronize the start)

starting: I would gun it when i heard his exhaust start to get louder.

run1: we did not following the above rules for this one and i launched before he had a chance to react. we diregarded this one

Run2: rolling start, i gunned it, he gunned it. He immediately pulled in front. my nose was just at his boot. Lift in 1st, Lift is 2nd, Lift in 3rd. I was reeling him in. I pulled just up to his nose. we were almost neck and neck (then he slammed on the brake because by then we were going way too fast) He later aknowledged that i had him in that one and credited me with that run.

Run3: Rolling start again. both take off at exactly the same time. Again he pulls off infront again. :o damn! he is half a car length infront. 1st - hit rev limiter, 2nd - hit rev limiter :huh: , 3rd - backed off. at the end of it i was still behind but had pulled up a little so i could see him in the car beside me. we both backed off and he and I had this massive grin on our face. he gave me the thumbs up. (i think he was happy he beat me)

Run4: Rolling start. Again, he pulled in front :blink: i'm at his boot this time. 1st - hit lift, 2nd - hit lift I'm right up to the back of his door. try to shift to 3rd, let the clutch out a little too early, sychros wouldn't bind.... SH*T!!!! He is immediately two cars infront! :( . Damn! beat me again! :ph34r: )

Run5: He yelled out the Window that this would be the last run before he turned off home. I yelled out that there was a speed camera not far up the road but he gunned it anyway. I decided the speed camera was still 1km up the road so i give it a go but by the time i reacted he was long gone :( . Oh well.

I told the Honda guy to fix is clutch and we'll meet up again when i get more practice. That was a fun night.

In conclusion the cars are very close. It was definitely a driver's race. Unfortunately, i wasn't good enough with the gear changes. Xoom, you should give him a run. the unichip may prove to be the deciding factor. Each and every time he pulled in front on rolling starts. they have more mid range poke than us. Next time we will do launch starts and see how that goes. He had a slipping clutch and was still astoundingly quick so be warned guys.

Sorry for the long post guys. The OP was definitely the highlight of the night.

Yeh. Last minute change of plan. the OzHonda boys didn't show and we were told that it was a bumpy drive down south.

when my fingers recover from the long post earlier i'll tell you about the Civic that "tagged" along :D :lol:

Great to hear you guys had fun. How heavy was the Integra with JDM B16A? They would be quite light weight i think and with the JDM B16A i think it produces 125kw (170ps). But good to hear the Stivo was still able to keep up with a modded B16A. I guess with a stock B16A, the Stivo should pull ahead every time.

Xoom, you should have lined it up properly so we could all see how the unichip performed against the stocker

Sorry man....well u knw how that car that i thought was 1 of u guys almost rear ended me <_< <_< thats y we didnt really line it up properly :( :(

Anyway next time.

the unichip may prove to be the deciding factor

Hmmm i dunno man i've take on the vti-r civic's (118kw i believe) and it had an full exhaust setup and CAI when i was stock and down low it was a match up but once into second the s'tivo was in a class of its own. By 3rd i had a bit more than a car on him. N that was when i was standard.

How does the honda that was out that night compare to the normal vti-r civic's either hatch or coupe ???? I mean all round. power, weight, torque etc the vtir civic hatch is 118kw (possibly more for the one i went with due to mods), 148NM torque and 1105 kgs.

Cheers

Bill

p.s. all the photo's turned out darker than TJ's black paint job :( so yeah unless u wana look at head lights ;) ;) . When i photoshop them as they are a bit big at the moment ill post them up.

oh forgot 2 mention....experienced first hand the whole concept of having the backend swinging around for the first time :blink::blink::blink: .... Interesting..... i wont be looking for a repeat performance though ;) ;) ;)

as oppossed to a toyota not being a waste of steel :P

Gotcha!

jk, but yeah, it'll be cool to do it again

i got a friend with an accord exi single cammer, its a freaky motor, wants to see how it runs against a stivo

dam you honda boy. I'll eat you alive one of these days.

Your car will get all the stone chips.

Hey that thing worked. it covers some of the shallow chips quite well.

I am putting my bonnent and headlight protectors on next time.

dam stone chips.

ahhhhh! u guys went to OP????

i would of came along with a few hondas if we had known earlier haha.. oh wells!

8pm i was still in process of taking apart my suspension so couldnt head down to the meet spot to have a lil chat with u boys :(

glad u guys had fun, OP is much much better than RNP!

Sounds like you kids had a good night.... noone let this Hondaboy know..... *looks at self forlornly... :(*

Stocky...... Accord EXi huh... sounds like abit of a easy kill... the Stivo boys should whip it easy ;)

There's an lightly modded Civic VTiR i know who'd love to get into the thick of it... let us know! :)

hey jon,

i highly doubt that exi would be an easy kill :rolleyes:

anyways, i had fun that night

nice meeting you ken

and grimlock, mr funny as always

cheerios

anyways, i had fun that night

nice meeting you ken

Likewise man! gave a good run. get your clutch fixed and we'll try it again. :P I'm just itching to see if i can beat you. :D It was all in good fun anyway.

Grimlock, i don't think the next run will be for a while. i just gave my car a good wash and realised how many stone chips i have. :( i've got to get myself those bonnet protectors before the next meet. Or maybe a full car-bra. hehehe :lol:

Cheers

hey guys,

the pics that i took from the meet on friday r up

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/gallery/au?page=27

onwards a few pages after that as well. (34 pics in total)

By the way i told u all it was pretty dark n not even with full birghtness and flash did it make a difference. :( :(

oh well it will have 2 do. So enjoy.

Cheers

Bill