NSW Anzac Day SuperCruise 2007

Hey all,

Well its that time of the year again where the Easter break and the Anzac Day public holiday are fast approaching during the month of April....

While Easter will be a busy time for everyone and good numbers at a great cruise will be hard to get, I'm hoping to generate some interest in an Anzac Day public holiday cruise from Sydney to Wollongong for the annual SuperCruise event.

I'm not sure if the Anzac Day SuperCruise is still running - as I know the event had some drawbacks a few years ago etc - but I'm wondering who'll be interested in attending this year's event from Syndey to Woollongong on the Anzac Day public holiday, Wednesday 25th of April 2007.

If anyone one else has more info about this event, please let me know. Otherwise I wouldn't mind organising something for TOCOA on that day if interest levels are above average.

So far the meeting point is set for Centro Roselands carpark but a carpark at the Homebush olympic centre might be better - if anyone can supply more details about which street this carpark is off that'll be great. Meet time is 10am for departure at 11am sharp.

Interested cruisers so far:

* elbowz17

* Big Pete (pending route details)

* Saintly

* blk toy

* Saiya

Thanks

elbowz17

Edited by elbowz17

I'm interested. With route instruction even better! :)

I tried cutting and pasting photos and maps etc but the only shot I could get was a map of the meeting point.....

post-911-1175515296_thumb.jpg

I know the way down to Wollongong from anywhere in Sydney, so I think its best if we all meet down at the Centro Roselands Shopping Centre located just off King Georges Road at Roselands. The address of the shopping centre is Roselands Drive, Roselands.

So if we keep the above meeting point as a start and lets say an 11am departure time, that'll get things started. From there, we can all follow each other down the princes hwy, the freeway etc, all the way to the Gong... :spiteful:

Cheers!

elbowz17 :)

I know the way down to Wollongong from anywhere in Sydney, so I think its best if we all meet down at the Centro Roselands Shopping Centre located just off King Georges Road at Roselands. The address of the shopping centre is Roselands Drive, Roselands.

are shops open that day? coz i'd say it'd be a hell of a fight to get cars in and out of there (pending number of ppl) :unsure:

other suggestion would prob be homebush..

are shops open that day? coz i'd say it'd be a hell of a fight to get cars in and out of there (pending number of ppl) :unsure:

other suggestion would prob be homebush..

Homebush sounds good Daz...I just wasn't sure where the carparks there were located...But if you PM me more details about the carpark in the olympic centre I'll be more than happy to organise the meet point there..

Cheers

Elbowz17

• 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone comes to Wollongong just to ***** the local constabulary. Cars causing gridlock all over the city just like a few years ago, before it got moved to APR.

Doesn't bother me, I'll be in Canberra :)

i'm gonna have to sit with blue_stivo on this one. if work ask me in, i'm there (triple time)

after work, i'll just go to the beach (10min drive) and meet up with some mates

sorry