Celica 5th Gen Squeaking interior

Zoran

Hey guys...

For one screwed up reason or another, my roof interior squeaks! this would happen when i got over bumps and stuff... has any one else had this and been able to ratify it... i've removed my mirrors, sun visors etc. and added speaker carpet in a bid to cushion any friction however its still there... any help would be good.

going to QLD tomorrow, and such small things can give a man the irrates.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I also get a wind howl noise from the front area of the passenger side window.

I fixed both problems by turning up the stereo. :P

Could you put a screw in it to hold it firm? Or something similar?

Edited by CjRasmu

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have a Sunroof ?

Sometimes the intallation of the Sunroof Compatible roof lining can squeek and rattle. Not much you can do but turn up the music.

• 1 month later...

same problem with a 4th gen celica, and my new corolla.

easyest way, instead of working out where the squeak comes from just take the whole intrior out, clean every peice individually, and screw it all back together...

this gets rid of every noise, makes the car look better, as well as giving you a better knoledge of the insides of the car.

complentary tasks are wireing all your stero stuuf propperly, high pressure spraying your seats as well as carpet, cleaning the floor pan, checking the floor pan for rust, adding a special layer of sound proffing, lighten the car by removing body deadner, respray the seat sliders, and hook up fancy lights.

i have an account with the people who make the bars for the police cars, so .....you can wire one of those up, i told them not to tell me.

Love

• 1 month later...

FOUND IT!

wasnt the interior... the douche bag at the car yard (when i got the car) had the front windshield replaced as part of a term of sale..

when i hear the squeaking i place pressure againist the windshield and it disappears!!!

so i need someone to remove this screen and reseal/glue back in, only this time properly

is that even possible?

• 1 month later...

I had a clattering noise in my car over rough roads that was driving me crazy....and no matter how I tried I could not find out what the source of the sound was until one day I discovered it came from the passenger seat belt holder! Once I pushed the holder between the seat and the center console the noise stopped!

And all this time I've been looking and thinking that it came from the dashboard area...