Stivo Newbie

KT_haha

Hi Everyone

I just bought a '03 Stivo D/Blue, I live in Sydney.

Just a bit confused about the recall, what is done in the recall? What changes will there be after the recall?

I hear a ticking noise when the car is idling, is that normal? What's causing that?

:D

the ticking is usually the fsm(i think it is called that) it switches quickly and controls intake of hot and cold air at idle with the air box set up.

since install of the CAI (the bracket doesn't fit) mine is cable tied so it floats but does move so much and now my ticking is much less/

hope thats of help man but if at all worried take it in and ask your workshop.

the 2ZZ has some crazy noises that are all normal. like the jet air craft one it makes after 6000 revs.

• 2 weeks later...

hey there, my stivo is also makin a ticking noise but only since i had 2 get 2 new exhaust valves...... also when its cold it has a lovely bearing noise.... but considering how it was kept 4 the 5 and a half weeks i was with out it, im suprised its still running.....

the 2ZZ has some crazy noises that are all normal. like the jet air craft one it makes after 6000 revs.

Tee hee.. I went through 6-8k in a tunnel the other day with the window down.. scared myself a bit. Damn it just sounds so good every time.

- Matthew

ps: mine ticks quite loudly from outside as the aircon goes on and off and the electric fans go on and off.. all normal stuff..

"the ticking is usually the fsm(i think it is called that) it switches quickly and controls intake of hot and cold air at idle with the air box set up."

No Influx is the VSV...Vacum Solieniod Valve. And Also does not control hot and cold air it is actually part of the Polution Control System.