Sportivo front strut..

i was surprised though to find the prices of summit parts they are quite expensive

Sorry mate cant agree with you there.

I paid $220 for the summit strut brace delivered to my door. The Cusco one is $295 + I believe.

well... there are reasons why im doin the research....

maybe later on down the track... i may turn this car into a semi-track car.

dun like the jelly feeling at high speeds.

i was hoping some of the body reinforcements can help reduce the jelly feeling.

its gonna be a slow progress but it will eventually get there...

-------------

btw... if the beam flexes.. isnt that good? cos u noe that the beam/strut is absorbing the energy of the torsion? if its too stiff would the energy be localised at the welds there for snapping at that point?

i could be wrong...

Edited by DuGong

Honestly unless you plan on attacking the track every weekend and have done a lot of other upgrades then all of these braces under the car will do nothing that you can feel driving on the street every day. Even the difference between sway bars would be really hard to pick. Never heard of whiteline front strut brace breaking. Yes Pippy did break a rear sway bar but that is an isolated incident to his car. I've had whiteline fron strut brace and rear sway bar on my car for ages and have never had a problem. But yes a front strut brace does reduce roll understeer.

So I guess it comes down to just how much money you want to throw at a strut brace and whether or not you want the fancy paint and brand names on it as well.

post-335-1177922719_thumb.jpg

Or you can make the Whiteline one look better with a bit of time and effort(and some sort of painting ability :P )

it's not that hard to pick out stock vs non stock swaybars!!

Honestly unless you plan on attacking the track every weekend and have done a lot of other upgrades then all of these braces under the car will do nothing that you can feel driving on the street every day. Even the difference between sway bars would be really hard to pick. Never heard of whiteline front strut brace breaking. Yes Pippy did break a rear sway bar but that is an isolated incident to his car. I've had whiteline fron strut brace and rear sway bar on my car for ages and have never had a problem. But yes a front strut brace does reduce roll understeer.

So I guess it comes down to just how much money you want to throw at a strut brace and whether or not you want the fancy paint and brand names on it as well.

Or you can make the Whiteline one look better with a bit of time and effort(and some sort of painting ability :P )

i felt a difference, i even felt a difference with just a strut brace

reduce jelly feeling with stiff coilovers. i think bars compliment stiff suspension setup. but first you should get the stiff suspension. having upper and lower bars with soft springs you will still have considerable body roll so much so i doubt you could keep up to a car on the track without any of those bars but just has stiffer suspension than yours. anyone agree or has tried this?

if you research you should find this out. cusco type os type 1 is completely hollow. all the cheaper less known brands are completely hollow too.

that might not matter much to you since the flex is going length ways anyhow. but then when you discover other brands have more advanced designs and it principal stronger stiffer construction it makes you wonder why they do it so. take c-one type r which uses lipped outer bar also reinforced centershaft. and tanabe and the new trd both using oval extruded aluminium.

if i was going to pay $200-$300 and more i would want the strongest yet lightweight product there is. cusco type os is old. since then c-one redeveloped and so did trd. their latest bars are now available, get something new rather than old.

CUSCO is $245... dunno where you do your shopping but that's the price quoted by both JDM Yard and JDM Concept.

JDM Concept when I was getting one was $295.

He said" I'll charge you more for pick up"

Anyway last time I checked $220 is still less than $245

reduce jelly feeling with stiff coilovers. i think bars compliment stiff suspension setup. but first you should get the stiff suspension. having upper and lower bars with soft springs you will still have considerable body roll so much so i doubt you could keep up to a car on the track without any of those bars but just has stiffer suspension than yours. anyone agree or has tried this?

if you research you should find this out. cusco type os type 1 is completely hollow. all the cheaper less known brands are completely hollow too.

that might not matter much to you since the flex is going length ways anyhow. but then when you discover other brands have more advanced designs and it principal stronger stiffer construction it makes you wonder why they do it so. take c-one type r which uses lipped outer bar also reinforced centershaft. and tanabe and the new trd both using oval extruded aluminium.

if i was going to pay $200-$300 and more i would want the strongest yet lightweight product there is. cusco type os is old. since then c-one redeveloped and so did trd. their latest bars are now available, get something new rather than old.

It's not completely hollow at all, it is partially hollow to keep the weight down but there is a rigid section through the centre of the bar. There is a cross section on the CUSCO web site I think.

But yes, I see what you are saying about the later model braces.

most people do not realise that cusco type os range has actually 2 different bars - one is completely hollow but press ribbed (type 1) and the other is centreshaft sectioned (type 2). unfortunately you cannot choose which bar you get, the catalogue is already fixed depending on which car you have. i remember cusco only makes type 1 for corolla.

i have read centreshaft sectioning technique enhances rigidity 50% and more. if that is true definately go for one which is inner sectioned.

O WELLS..... after alll that... i got the cusco one... it was a ok deal and i am happy with the price i paid. now i need to wait 1 wekk for it.

btw. we can install our selves right? no need for impact gun?

----

yep.. voy.. i got wat u got...

Edited by DuGong

What the??? I thought we were talking about Strut braces?????? Shao put down the peace pipe LOL

Yes a strut brace does make a difference but picking the difference between brands is what I would consider almost impossible....