hey if youre a bit of a hoon, check out this site

Yeah I seen this site I think on Today Tonight.

Not sure about it though it might encourage these hoons to show off even more, trying to beat each other on who gets the most complaints.

I saw it on Today Tonight too, and am personally disgusted at the way that the media treats P-plate drivers. We're not all complete and utter hoons, and I see many more fully licensed drivers doing illegal things on the road any day of the week. If you watched the report carefully, you'd note that almost every bit of P-plate activity they showed in the report was people in Commodores doing burnouts. By only showing this, they imply that all P-platers drive Commodores and do burnouts, which is of course wildly inaccurate. How many Excels do you see doing burnouts?

Newcastle seems to be the capital of the world as far as not indicating when changing lanes or turning is concerned. I'll regularly see people change multiple lanes without using a single indicator. And the excuse of "the bulb is blown" doesn't wash because they won't use EITHER indicator (i.e they'll pull out to the right and then merge back to the left without using a single indicator). Anyway, legally if you know your indicators aren't working you have to use hand signals, and the only hand signal I see around here is the middle finger. People (regardless of age, gender or license) around here seem to have a complete and utter disregard for other road users. **** targetting P-platers, thats just a cop-out. Pull over the rest of the law breakers (chances are they complain about P-platers too) and let them see how it feels. Simple : don't break the law, and you won't get pulled over. Break the law, and you deserve everything that comes to you. About the only breaking the law that I condone is speeding, and then only when justified by the road/traffic/weather conditions, and with a limit. 10km over the limit is by far less dangerous than merging right in front of someone (who then has to slam on their brakes) without using an indicator.

I saw it on Today Tonight too, and am personally disgusted at the way that the media treats P-plate drivers. We're not all complete and utter hoons, and I see many more fully licensed drivers doing illegal things on the road any day of the week. If you watched the report carefully, you'd note that almost every bit of P-plate activity they showed in the report was people in Commodores doing burnouts. By only showing this, they imply that all P-platers drive Commodores and do burnouts, which is of course wildly inaccurate. How many Excels do you see doing burnouts?

Newcastle seems to be the capital of the world as far as not indicating when changing lanes or turning is concerned. I'll regularly see people change multiple lanes without using a single indicator. And the excuse of "the bulb is blown" doesn't wash because they won't use EITHER indicator (i.e they'll pull out to the right and then merge back to the left without using a single indicator). Anyway, legally if you know your indicators aren't working you have to use hand signals, and the only hand signal I see around here is the middle finger. People (regardless of age, gender or license) around here seem to have a complete and utter disregard for other road users. **** targetting P-platers, thats just a cop-out. Pull over the rest of the law breakers (chances are they complain about P-platers too) and let them see how it feels. Simple : don't break the law, and you won't get pulled over. Break the law, and you deserve everything that comes to you. About the only breaking the law that I condone is speeding, and then only when justified by the road/traffic/weather conditions, and with a limit. 10km over the limit is by far less dangerous than merging right in front of someone (who then has to slam on their brakes) without using an indicator.

Marianne de Pierres wrote a series of novels called 'Nylon Angel'. It's about an assassin chicky in 'post nuclear war' Australia (whole world just recovered from self annihilation).

Anyway lol, you know who controls everything? Even the government? The media. I sure hope it never turns out that way.

I hate those Current Affair shows. Over exaggerate and badger people to create false senses of security and spread misinformation.

At least Naomi Robson vanished...but the war has only just begun...

Not sure about it though it might encourage these hoons to show off even more, trying to beat each other on who gets the most complaints.

Totally agreed. Either a deterant or an encouragement to be the worst hoon.

EDIT: I reckon the cops (or the infringement office) monitors the website, because a couple of years ago you can actually dob drivers in doing bad things.. so I guess this is the outcome.

Edited by saintly

Its all about media control these days.........its a consipiracy to get all of us............to hell with TT!!

My experience is that just as many full licensed drivers commit just as many bad decisions or displaying poor driving skills as p-platers.....but the only problem is percentage.

I find it funny how their way of 'protecting' the younger generation is by introducing ways to keep them off the road. We need more training for everyone in general, not just the younger generation of drivers. Maybe we should have a licensing scheme similiar to the people in germany.

I wonder what would happen if you kept adding number plates from police cars to the site :lol:

Brilliant idea Dave.

Drove over a gutter (embankment)

freaky06(1 ) wrote: Mon 09 Apr 2007 7:56 AM

While kissing his partners neck (his parnter was male) he veered off the road and up onto a gutter, his music was very loud and was also very wierd looking.

Drove over a gutter (embankment)

freaky06(1 ) wrote: Mon 09 Apr 2007 7:56 AM

While kissing his partners neck (his parnter was male) he veered off the road and up onto a gutter, his music was very loud and was also very wierd looking.

Damn straight! Now that's intelligent flaming! Yeah Freaky you flame that dude for being gay and weird looking!

All they needed to say was 'he veered off the road and up onto a gutter'. lol

i saw this on tv... i wanted to check out the site but i couldnt remember it...

FACT some Pplaters are hoons

FACT some non Pplaters are hoons

FACT some Pplaters are better drivers than non Pplaters

FACT some non Pplaters are better drivers than Pplaters

i was just talkin to my sister earlier about TT n ACA etc etc... n i figured out a title for those shows (and some tabloid/women magazines too)...

they'r wat u call "B!tch Shows"... they purely survive on b!tchin about ANYTHING... talk about exageration... they once showed on ACA a "feature" sayin that they found the reason behind gangs and street thugs.... they were literally saying that.... check this out..... immigration was behind sydney's gang activity... n they showed it like maybe a month after DEC 2005... i just started IGNORING everything they show from that moment on

:@... sorry i just had to vent some anger lol... should move to RAWR thread

PS n did u see that video of the police commonwhore chuckin the burnouts... wow wat rolemodels

• 3 weeks later...

Very cool website. I was thinking of starting one myself. RateThePlate seems to have a good system, though.

I've registered myself on there -- hardly any of you would know my plates, so you can't dob me in! HA HA...

(Not that you'll ever catch me doing anything... I get quite peeved when I see other "full" licensed drivers doing f***ed up things...)

today tonight use the same stock footage over and over again. they have a story on bad drivers every other week!

aca and tt are alarmist... they cause a kneejerk reaction to a lot of issues like p platers, ethnic gangs, muslims, migrants...

theres something particularly off putting about that new host of tt.

idont trust her. those squinty eyes, her head movements and facials as shes talking. it doesnt seem natural and its distracting.

Guest JDM y0 !

hhmm yes i have noticed p plate is bad drivers.. usually forgetting to indicate.

often tho i notice a lot of "shirt and tie, 40-50 year old fairlane drivers" or "clk driving 30 - 40 year old women" people think they can drive how they want should learn some respect.

standard cars are unsafe for foolish driving.

i have to say that my number plate is clean, no record as i am safe.

i dont get it, i drive sensibly in my tuned sprinter but people with standard cars with boat suspension and cheap tyres seem to drive unsafely.... idiots.

Wow, they don't care much for P platers do they? I love how everyone over 40 conveniently forgets that they learnt to drive once.

It wouldn't surprise me that this was advertised on TT, it seems to be fairly similar to their brand of utter tripe. And the communist who does the most whinging calls themself 4x4. Mosman soccer mum perhaps?

#2 on the list is BAYANI.

thats Filipino for "HERO".

LOL!

filos popping up in the wierdest places!?!

mike - big brother contestant last year

dancing with the stars - kate cebrano

WWE wrestling - batista

the asian chick from hi-5

reprezent!!!! :P

FILIPINO! FILIPINO! FILIPINO! FILIPINO!

speakin of crazy drivers... yesterday at around 1.00am in auburn i was driving 40 in a 60zone... stuck behind a drunk guy in an Accord Euro... he was swerving all over the place n started braking for a roundabout from 100m away and the next roundabout he forgot to slow n ended up stopping ON the roundabout he then continued to drive over it... lucky there was no one around except for me behind him... i kept praying that no one would jump infront of him or a kid would be playing n run across the road... n the thing is he had a passenger with him too... licence plate AC 00 HO... watch out blue accord euro.... i cbf posting on that site...

today tonight use the same stock footage over and over again. they have a story on bad drivers every other week!

aca and tt are alarmist... they cause a kneejerk reaction to a lot of issues like p platers, ethnic gangs, muslims, migrants...

theres something particularly off putting about that new host of tt.

idont trust her. those squinty eyes, her head movements and facials as shes talking. it doesnt seem natural and its distracting.

Don't forget the slowed film speed and 'sinister' music as proved by The Chaser lol.

"This man...is a drunk driver." *Cue sinister music...bomm bommmmmmmm ddeeeooowwwwwwwwww bom bommmmmmmmm*

I remember one story, "Tonight, clothes that could kill you."

Uh I'm sorry...clothes? Night of the Living Polo Shirt? STFU TT!!! >:[