I need Sportivo Recall bits - what to do?

Hey there everyone,

I have just read these posts about the recall and retro fitting of parts. My dealership has not called me to tell me to come in. Could someone please tell me what the process is? Do I call my dealer and tell them I want it done?

I am based in Sydney.

Thanks!

G-freak.

if your Stivo falls in the date of manufacture where the recall mods are required to be done then they will send you the letter. I suggest you contact your dealer to find out. The gear selector cable will only be replaced on cars that have the rattle/vibration problems.

:D :lol:

Hi gravityfreak,

First off welcome to the forum.

Ok now down to business. As some of the guys on the forum may/may not tell you i have been able to get action by simply finding out how things work.

How do they work u ask ?

its simple.

Well the dealership cant do jack without the permission of toyota aus be it warranty work or recall work etc etc etc so my recommendation to you and this is what i have been doing over the past year is to speak to toyota aus cust care directly and tell them which dealership you want to look at your car and get them to organise it for you.

This is wat a cust relations rep is their for....to relate to customers. :blink:

Their number is (02) 9710 3955

Now if it doesnt happen straight away relax as like ive mentioned before i have been chasing this for over a year now and a few weeks aint gona kill you.

Cheers

Bill

p.s. if ur in sydney i highly recommend Castle Hill Toyota

Hey dude,

Dont see which one they tell u 2 take it 2 just demand from them to educate and book it in with the dealer which you want to look at it. But dont be rude about it as they are trying to help you out.

Cheers

Bill