Clutch and flywheel

Last night on my way home from work I noticed a bit of slip in my clutch and seeing as the car has a few K's on he clock (90,000), time for a new clutch.

I will be getting a mate to do it over a weekend and he said he would be unable to get the flywheel machined on a Saturday at the places he knows and suggested maybe an aftermarket light weight flywheel. Looks like I will also be going with an Exedy HD clutch pack.

Who has knowledge/experience with these, what brands, costs, etc. Just though I should get a bit of advice and knowledge on this.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

I've been thinking about the C-one on www.nengun.com. But dropping out of lift on the 1-2 changes would be my real concern with this mod.

it's similar weight to the Fidanza flywheel (just slightly heavier) and that copes with 1-2 shifts with no issues.

The only one of the brands listed that I could find anything decent on was the c-one flywheel on nengun.com. Anyone know where else I could be looking to get info and prices for the other brands?

If I don't find anything else I may just go with the C-One

The only one of the brands listed that I could find anything decent on was the c-one flywheel on nengun.com. Anyone know where else I could be looking to get info and prices for the other brands?

If I don't find anything else I may just go with the C-One

get off the interwebz and pick up a phone for starters!!!

call and good clutch mob and they'll be able to order a Fidanza one for you

and CJ, talking 2ZZ here, not sure if flywheels are compatible between the 2, I think clutches might be though, at least the disc...

Yes Blue_stivo I will get off my *****, was waiting for weekdays to begin calling places. but thought I should try and get as much info as possible as soon as possible.

And thanks for everyones imput.

Josh

When i was researching a new clutch they said that the 1zzfe and the 2zzge clutches were not the same. I did ask the question in a topic i started ages ago and i was told then that they werent the same. Has anything changed since then???

I have been making a few phone calls and and i have a few options already

Fidanza Aluminium $525

extreme Chrome Molly $425

was told they are both 3.6kg or so.

I think I am leaning to the Chrome molly one, but I am still waiting to hear back from a few places.

Last night on my way home from work I noticed a bit of slip in my clutch and seeing as the car has a few K's on he clock (90,000), time for a new clutch.

I will be getting a mate to do it over a weekend and he said he would be unable to get the flywheel machined on a Saturday at the places he knows and suggested maybe an aftermarket light weight flywheel. Looks like I will also be going with an Exedy HD clutch pack.

Who has knowledge/experience with these, what brands, costs, etc. Just though I should get a bit of advice and knowledge on this.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

New clutch already? when was the original HD clutch put in?.. i cant remember if it was 40K or 50K ?

When i was researching a new clutch they said that the 1zzfe and the 2zzge clutches were not the same. I did ask the question in a topic i started ages ago and i was told then that they werent the same. Has anything changed since then???

No nothing has changed... they are different

cluches are the same, flywheels are not.

The Clutch Kits for the 1zz and 2zz have different pressure plates, which is the only difference...(yet since they are generally sold as kits, not individual parts they have different Part #'s) the clutch disc is the same, and is the same one that has been used on the Toyota C Series Gearboxes for years.

No nothing has changed... they are different

cluches are the same, flywheels are not.

The Clutch Kits for the 1zz and 2zz have different pressure plates, which is the only difference...(yet since they are generally sold as kits, not individual parts they have different Part #'s) the clutch disc is the same, and is the same one that has been used on the Toyota C Series Gearboxes for years.

my mistake

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

hey all i got my exedy hd clutch and trd flywheel installed and ive drove it for about 100km now really slowly no lift O_O ive noticed the clucth is very light which is a good thing friction points good so on but when i take off normall at about 2.5k rpm it makes a chainsaw like noise only for a bit like 2.5k -> 2.8k rpm it seems strange im going back to my mechanic 2mmorow but just thought if anyone knows whats up then they can tell me?

Cheers in advance Steve,

...it makes a chainsaw like noise...if anyone knows whats up then they can tell me?

I'd start with buying a hockey mask

But with some info that is related to this thread, the Americans aren't like the Fidanza flywheels. Complaining of them being out of spec, so the pick of the bunch seems to be the C-One.

There are also mentioned of "adjusting the clutch". Do they adjust the clutch itself or the pedal?

Do you have to adjust it every single time you change the actual clutch? What good willl adjusting the clutch or the clutch pedal do ?

• 1 year later...
...it makes a chainsaw like noise...if anyone knows whats up then they can tell me?

I'd start with buying a hockey mask

But with some info that is related to this thread, the Americans aren't like the Fidanza flywheels. Complaining of them being out of spec, so the pick of the bunch seems to be the C-One.

Sorry to bring this thread back from the grave SD.

Q: Does the C-One Performance Clutch System kit include the light weight flywheel? Is this a better option (less noisey) in regards to the Exedy HD + Fidanza flywheel combo? Any mods required to the gearbox to have the C-one installed?