Domino's Pizza

Leroy

Is it just me, or has Domino's really let their game down in recent years??

When i was young, i used to think Domino's was the pinnacle of good pizza...

Now. Allow me to point out some travesties:

1. Meat Pie Pizza. You have to be kidding me. Real classy...

2. Decadence crust. Ok, 10 yrs ago the cheese filled crust was novel. Now, especially when you fill it with 3 layers of cheese - and not just any cheese, we're talking probably artificial substitute for the ever popular 'tasty' cheese (don't get me started on the name 'tasty' for cheese) - thats just scraping for sales.

3. Supposedly huge chicken wings. When did Domino's Stop making pizza and start pawning off frozen goods? Please leave chicken wings to chicken establishments, ala KFC, Oporto etc...

4. A pizza named the "Prawn Star"! Where do i begin with this one?!?! Again, real classy...

5. Cheesy (excuse the pun) junk mail, reporting this all in a 50's-esque news gazette. And cringeworthy TV ads to boot...

Less is more, Domino's... Less is more...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pizzahut is the best in my humble opinion (that i can get in my area).

places like dominos or arnolds pizza are completely lacking in taste.

but the ABSOLUTE BEST pizza you can get is from SBARRO.

im talking deep dish pizza thats bout an inch thick and was a lot larger than the largest pizzahut pizza.

from memory and by looking at the pic, you can see that all the chunky stuff and cheese was put inside, then another thin layer of crust and sauce n cheese went on top.

baking was kind of a 2 step process.. you bake the pizzapie first without the cheese, then just b4 you serve it, they melt the cheese over it

DSCF0280.jpg

yea it was soo good i had to take a pic of it b4 i devoured it lol

TRY MAKING THAT AT HOME!

i know ive been meaning to but cant seem to find a deep dish in the shops

sbarro is an american company i think? they used to have one in the melbourne international terminal.. (why there of all places.. you can only eat there if you are flying somewhere?), but now that 1 is closed and there ISNT an SBARRO anywhere in australia :(

i ate this 1 at SM megamall in the philippinez.

Edited by JJCRU23R

http://www.sbarro.com/

theyve got nearly 1000 locations worldwide.. theve got 20 of these in the philippines and NO LONGER A SINGLE STORE IN AUSTRALIA.

theres franchise oppertunities for sbarro!! IF I HAD THE CASH ID SERIOUSLY CONSIDER IT... hmm sbarro in sydney... AAAARRRGGHH

that's nothing... u should try the pizzas made in PROPPER kebab shops... turkish bread... that kinda powdery thingee as if there's still flour there... it tastes soo good... n when they do it with oregano n stuff it tastes soo good.... n the best thing is that its free hahaha... hookups brooo ;)

kebab shop pizza is OK.. theres 1 near my work.. $2 per slice!

but i like pizza when theres more authentic italian.. i gotta try them panarottis pizza sometime... theres 1 in westpoint blacktown

kebab shops making pizza is kinda like kebab shops making mexican. it tastes nothing like real mexican

yea but the pizzas they make arent regular takeaway pizzas... they'r actual ethnic turkish pizzas u know... kinda like chinese noodles n italian spaggetti... like they'r kinda the same but they'r kinda not u know... dominoes n others make more of a crap'ish italian pizza... but kebab shops make turkish pizzas... i just happen to like the turkish one more... mainly because of the dough it tastes soo good

was unaware of that! learn something new everyday :P

nothing wrong with kebabz.. i love a good kebab

there was a time when i didnt like kebabs coz of the way they looked.. and how the meat looked on the rotating sticks... until i took a taste of my mums kebab.. and yea it tasted good! mind you i was only 10 at the time

Edited by JJCRU23R

excused... but i've been saying this over n over again n i'll say it once again... compared to PROPER kebab shops in the middle east, the best kebab shops in australia don't even come close to them... omg they are THE BOMB (no pun intended lol)

Two completely different types of pizza.

Even the guy I'm matey with down at the Turkish Grill admitted that. Like comparing Apples with Oranges.

They're BOTH awesome (Italian and Turkish) imo.

I must impose myself on this topic.

I have been making da pizza alla authentic italian pizza restaurant for around 15 years.

The best pizza's you will ever taste by far.

Most popular pizza - Sam's Special

Double pastry

mozerella cheese

hot salami

mushrooms

green peppers

fresh sliced tomato

bacon on top.

If you're ever in Geelong head in to Eltoro's Pizza and Restaurant - Moorabool St (spanish name but italain cuisine, that was the name of the shop when it was taken over some 35 years ago). You will not be dissapointed.

Be warned - you get what you pay for. Rubbish Domino's, Pizza Hut etc etc. Might as well eat plastic.

I used to work there. yes yes it has gone down gone hill. the store i worked at has gone to the dogs. lack of anything really. staff just dont care anymore, hence my leaving.

I say the best pizza is a DIY or from a good kebab shop.

Pizza is actually Spanish and was essentially tomatoes and olives on a round bread base.

The idea was brought back to Italy by Marco Polo and from there, the rest is history. :)

Are you completely sure? I'm not going to contest you on this one, as i don't have the definitive guide to pizza lying around. However, i was under the impression that pizza was created as a new meal for Italian royalty. Some national festival involving a [Queen?] Margarite? T'was the fresh dough, with the tomato base, mozzarella off the block (none of this sprinkly stuff), and lightly feathered with basil. Supposed to represent the Italian flag with the colours of the 3 ingredients... and hence the name Margarita...

Or perhaps I'm recalling an episode of Fat Pizza... :P

Seriously though, i remember Rick Stein reciting something to that effect on one of his shows...

I have a large outdoor woodfired oven which my dad and I made with clay bricks (which we made ourselves too).

The best Pizza comes out of it.

But If I do buy. I have two small local places which make quite good pizza, it's so good that when you take it out of the box, there's no oil residue left in the box. That's a good base.

I have a large outdoor woodfired oven which my dad and I made with clay bricks (which we made ourselves too).

But If I do buy. I have two small local places which make quite good pizza, it's so good that when you take it out of the box, there's no oil residue left in the box. That's a good base.

That's a very good base! Much amore! (to quote Papa Guiseppi) :P

Hey Leroy what about the fat pizza they have down at Isabella... swimming in greasy shiz... tastes quite good though...

I'll tell you what really annoys me is when you go to an Italian resaurant or a restaurant that claims their pizza is a specialty but in reality its poo sandwich... That's just low. Pizza me up properly or not at all

Ahh the old Papa Luigi ad:

"It's italian! It's a pizza! It's a Papa Luigi Pizza!"

"I'm a big italian mama!"

"I'm a fat and jolly chef!"

"Eat a Papa Luigi pizza!"

"Or we'll bore you all to death!"

RJ's Takaway lukewarm microwaved Papa Guiseppi frozen pizzas ftmfl.

Are you completely sure? I'm not going to contest you on this one, as i don't have the definitive guide to pizza lying around. However, i was under the impression that pizza was created as a new meal for Italian royalty. Some national festival involving a [Queen?] Margarite? T'was the fresh dough, with the tomato base, mozzarella off the block (none of this sprinkly stuff), and lightly feathered with basil. Supposed to represent the Italian flag with the colours of the 3 ingredients... and hence the name Margarita...

Or perhaps I'm recalling an episode of Fat Pizza... :P

Seriously though, i remember Rick Stein reciting something to that effect on one of his shows...

It's been a point of contention for many many many years, but yes, it has roots in Spain as well.

Many people take the stand these days that it originated parallel with many similarities, so as not to start fights, but I have seen most merit and evidence for the Marco Polo story.

That's awesome Carlo :D

I want to build one of them when I get a place of my own, with a BBQ pit next to it for the spit roaster ;)

I love Pizza Hut pizzas especially there cheesy bites Pizza. Man that was beautiful. Too bad there promo is over now.