2005 Stivo's...

Hi all...Hows thing's?

I'm currently looking for a face-lift stivo...

Apart from the obvious to look for, are there any other problems/faults that i should look out for??

Any help, would be great...

Thanking you in advance...

Yes, I have had big problem with my facelift.

I recently couldn't start the car, and subsequently had to change the battery.

Something about leaving the door open overnight. I think it is a manufacturing fault. The car should know better.

Otherwise I friggin love it!!!

Its a hard question ur asking..u will be buyin a 2nd hand car...so yes u may have problems. i know of people who had problems with theirs brand new...and i know others that havent had a single problem.

I have had any problems with mine at all, where as Sams (MRROLA) had a few problems....

Just like any car it depends on the one u are lucky, or sometimes unluky to get in the batch :) good thing is you will get a bit of warranty with an 05 Stivo

Its a hard question ur asking..u will be buyin a 2nd hand car...so yes u may have problems. i know of people who had problems with theirs brand new...and i know others that havent had a single problem.

I have had any problems with mine at all, where as Sams (MRROLA) had a few problems....

Just like any car it depends on the one u are lucky, or sometimes unluky to get in the batch :) good thing is you will get a bit of warranty with an 05 Stivo

yes, i hear ya...

but i did say COMMON problems...

things that i could lookout for more, etc etc...

Pretty sure many of the issues with clutch and gear shift were ironed out for the facelift Sportivos, along with the brake disc grinding/shuddering and the ECU fault that we also saw in the earlier versions

clutch & gear changing issues, south african quality

SLAP, SLAP, SLAP!

Leave us south africans alone! :D

We were the only ones balls enough to get the 2ZZ onto the roads 1st!

and look you all over it! :)

COMMON ISSUE: TRACTION IN THE WET :whistling: OH LIFT DOESNT HELP EITHER!

Pretty sure many of the issues with clutch and gear shift were ironed out for the facelift Sportivos, along with the brake disc grinding/shuddering and the ECU fault that we also saw in the earlier versions

you are correct!

you are correct!

You reckon? Owning two pre-facelift and one post-facelift stivo’s (have one of each at the moment), I think not. Same issues exist, no matter pre or post. Regardless; for the money, you can’t go wrong with stivo, that is why I am hangin’ on to mine. Brand new under $30k is unheard of these days for a vehicle with such good performance, features and economy.

you are correct!

You reckon? Owning two pre-facelift and one post-facelift stivo’s (have one of each at the moment), I think not. Same issues exist, no matter pre or post. Regardless; for the money, you can’t go wrong with stivo, that is why I am hangin’ on to mine. Brand new under $30k is unheard of these days for a vehicle with such good performance, features and economy.

well i think it really depends on the car & how you drive it. mine touch wood no issues like from the previous shape

Dido Tayles on the Clutch and Noisy Gearing something to do with thrust Bearing from memory - where rectified with the Facelift model

And Dido to Corzza re Traction in the Wet - ABSOLUTELY !! - A bit of decent after market wet weather rubber like, say GoodYear F1's can help Here

I love the car and touch wood, I have no problems what so ever with mine and cant realy Fault it other than I recon the Front lights are Crap (In comparison to the Camry anyhow) they just dont throw out enough light and where I live and the wildlife, i need Light !!!

Buy One you will love It and they are not gonna release another one like it!!

I don't have any issues with the clutch and shifting because I know how to drive...

OHHH SNAPPED, BURNT AND FACCCCEEEDDDDDDD!!! :lol:

j/k it just takes practice with shifting at 8,000odd rpm in these cars that's all.

i find it almost impossible to hit lift / change gears at 6k plus in the wet - NO traction lol

i put on yokohama c drive tyres hoping for a bit better results which .... in the dry they are substantially better than the stock bridgestones but in the wet not very different

you are correct!

heard that the stivos were $29k drive away towards the end of production?

had a check on carsales just then, private ones are almost 25k (face-lift)

and the dealer ones are selling around 26 to 27k

i think they're abit over-priced as the new model has came out. dont u reckon?

ps. Im talkin about NSW, btw I found that Victoria has alot of cheap stivos 23k +-

you are correct!

ps. Im talkin about NSW, btw I found that Victoria has alot of cheap stivos 23k +-

New model Corolla will not have a sportivo with 2zzge engine. hence why their value second hand is as high as it is. I for one certainly love it. Facelifts all had the revised shifter cables, ECU's and revised struts. Plus they also managed to have the clutch adjusted properly which was the problem in the pre facelifts.

If you have a facelift with any of these problems I'd be surprised as the people I know who work for Toyota have shown me proof of the changes and the changes to part numbers. EG struts have now got a part number superceeded from Japan as the earlier ones suffered problems whether you put lowered springs in or not. Gear shift cables have been completely revised and now have thicker outercover and the cables them selves are somewhat different.(Have compared the 2 on a bench at Toyota cause mine both broke due to a "supposed" rattle fix gone wrong).

If you have gear shift dramas in a facelift then all I can say is it could be the way you drive. Like it or not....

you are correct!

New model Corolla will not have a sportivo with 2zzge engine. hence why their value second hand is as high as it is. I for one certainly love it. Facelifts all had the revised shifter cables, ECU's and revised struts. Plus they also managed to have the clutch adjusted properly which was the problem in the pre facelifts.

If you have a facelift with any of these problems I'd be surprised as the people I know who work for Toyota have shown me proof of the changes and the changes to part numbers. EG struts have now got a part number superceeded from Japan as the earlier ones suffered problems whether you put lowered springs in or not. Gear shift cables have been completely revised and now have thicker outercover and the cables them selves are somewhat different.(Have compared the 2 on a bench at Toyota cause mine both broke due to a "supposed" rattle fix gone wrong).

If you have gear shift dramas in a facelift then all I can say is it could be the way you drive. Like it or not....

I love the stivos

but they're just too expensive atm in NSW

saw a stivo selling at $27900 stock

while I saw an ad on TOCAU just then, a member selling his stivo with mods for 23k which is a good price, but that's in QLD... how come nsw always has higher price <_<

you are correct!

I love the stivos

but they're just too expensive atm in NSW

saw a stivo selling at $27900 stock

while I saw an ad on TOCAU just then, a member selling his stivo with mods for 23k which is a good price, but that's in QLD... how come nsw always has higher price <_<

Well it could be worth your time and money to come to Qld and buy a good car with mods cheaper than a stocko in your area?? Flights are pretty cheap these days. JC flew to Sydney to buy his Sportivo cause there were no new ones left in Brisbane and then drove it home. Ran the car in one weekend and got the first service done after owning the car for a few days!!