SPORTIVO OR ASTRA?

Went kinda off topic since I mentioned it, so apologies to all.

I think its better if you get people to give you suggestions rather then ask them to help you decide. Cause it will just be topic bashing anything that is not a Toyota. :D

MX5... older one

I 2nd that...Proclaimed one of the best damned driver's cars...n really hot da ladies too!! But its gotta be Manual!!

lol!! sorry auto aint hot :P what does that make me? :P my parents hate holden i suggested astra conv n they gave me dirtys!!!! and i showd em a merc n they winked at me wtf!!! i cnt afford a merc haha. argggghhhh i looked at mx5 but the old shape is very tiny and ugly....parents hate it.

Your going to have to raise your budget if you want a sports looking convertable that looks good.

i agree about the mx, it doesnt look to nice. Thought about getting away from the sports car look?

With a budget of 22k and wanting a soft top heaps of girls turn to the suzuki vitara. It's a fun looking car/4x4.

i reckon if you have 22k in cash lying around then keep your rolla and go and put a deposit down on a house cos thats gonna be worth a lot more to you in the long run.

yes having an awesome car is a good thing but really its not that important... its just a car, it gets you from here to there and thats it. sure having a convertable makes u the coolest person on the block but there are a big downsides as well... such as the noise a convertible makes, and also that its twice as cold than a normal car even when the roof is up.

please dont go thinking that im an old fart (im only 21!!) that is trying to tell u not to have fun.. by all means do so... i think a new model corolla is an awesome car to have for someone your age... i'm gonna guess u have the newest car out of all your friends, or close to at least.

stick the money into a bank account that will get u a decent amount of interest... by the time you have to start working full time, you'll be halfway towards owning a house, and you'll be laughing. thats more than most 40 year olds can say, and you'll be in your early 20's. i dunno, its late, and i'm rambling, but it all makes sense to me. :unsure::wacko:

$22k aint gonna get you jack for a deposit on a house in Sydney.

Unit maybe... but those dont appreciate in value very much,

Throw it in some managed funds instead :)

$22k aint gonna get you jack for a deposit on a house in Sydney.

Unit maybe... but those dont appreciate in value very much,

Throw it in some managed funds instead :)

i didnt mean immediately... although these days its not hard to get yourself a 100% home loan.

bank it, and let it appreciate in value ;)

Sportivo, Astra or House? :P

My advice would be to not impulse buy. Stick the money in a high interest account and hum and hah over what car you want. If your anything like me you will have aspirations for a different car each week :lol:

i reckon if you have 22k in cash lying around then keep your rolla and go and put a deposit down on a house cos thats gonna be worth a lot more to you in the long run.

yes having an awesome car is a good thing but really its not that important... its just a car, it gets you from here to there and thats it. sure having a convertable makes u the coolest person on the block but there are a big downsides as well... such as the noise a convertible makes, and also that its twice as cold than a normal car even when the roof is up.

please dont go thinking that im an old fart (im only 21!!) that is trying to tell u not to have fun.. by all means do so... i think a new model corolla is an awesome car to have for someone your age... i'm gonna guess u have the newest car out of all your friends, or close to at least.

stick the money into a bank account that will get u a decent amount of interest... by the time you have to start working full time, you'll be halfway towards owning a house, and you'll be laughing. thats more than most 40 year olds can say, and you'll be in your early 20's. i dunno, its late, and i'm rambling, but it all makes sense to me. :unsure::wacko:

My advice would be to not impulse buy. Stick the money in a high interest account and hum and hah over what car you want. If your anything like me you will have aspirations for a different car each week :lol:

Best posts in thread.

As for power the Sportivo has 141kW and the Astra SRiT has 147kW. So almost identicle, but the Astra has it over the Sportivo because the power is there down low, but you have to wait for the power in the Sportivo.

well if u consider that the astra is turbo'd and the stivo isnt i would go the stivo.

therefore im pointing towards stivo....wouldnt the insurance be less cause its a non turbo car, seeing as shes a younger driver (below 25) ?

As for power the Sportivo has 141kW and the Astra SRiT has 147kW. So almost identicle, but the Astra has it over the Sportivo because the power is there down low, but you have to wait for the power in the Sportivo.

well if u consider that the astra is turbo'd and the stivo isnt i would go the stivo.

therefore im pointing towards stivo....wouldnt the insurance be less cause its a non turbo car, seeing as shes a younger driver (below 25) ?

The Astra, being turbo, would be easier to squeeze more power out of. And the insurance on my Astra is $200 cheaper then my Sportivo... I dont understand why, but it is.....

The Sportivo is more individual i think, but the Astra is sexier, im my opinion

The Astra, being turbo, would be easier to squeeze more power out of. And the insurance on my Astra is $200 cheaper then my Sportivo... I dont understand why, but it is.....

The Sportivo is more individual i think, but the Astra is sexier, im my opinion

and considering you are a 21yo male with a turbo car, you've got a good price on insurance, mine is more expensive than that

we both know that we'd both go back to a stivo... but the opels are just built.. i have no rattles, i have no gear changing issues.... it just works

but i'd go back in an instant because of the Lift tho

Buy a badger??? Don't they increase in value the older they get?? (Looking Nelson's direction)

The badger has proven to be the most sacred and guarded secret of the toyota modder. When the said badger is blessed by a Toyota holy man (usually the CEO of Toyota Japan [Katsuaki Watanabe]) it is then available for fitment to the car. This can be done in any fashion, ie: sticky tape, blu tac, uhu tac, yello tac etc. However after experimenting Dylan and I found that the most effective way of adhering it is via a 'stapler'. Once this blessed diety of a badger is stapled to the specific toyota, the car 'comes to life' so to speak. It is very common to see even an old KE30 corolla running on 3 cylinders doing 10 second quarter miles with the token 'diety badger' stapled to the hood. This is the reasoning behind their price and increased value with age.

"The badger is humble and wise, follow the badger." - Katsuaki Watanabe, Toyota Japan CEO

Ps: Klara save up for a house, every bit counts.

Best posts in thread.

Yep totally agree.