Front Cup holder cover

My new Presar fron cup holder cover is jammed. you press lightly to release and it doesn't flip up at all never has not from the showroom. Anyone know the trick to fixing or releasing this or is it faulty?

My new Presar fron cup holder cover is jammed. you press lightly to release and it doesn't flip up at all never has not from the showroom. Anyone know the trick to fixing or releasing this or is it faulty?

mate its probably faulty because ive got no problems in my zr6 as i jst got it 1 week ago and everything works. Get it checked out at toyota. İ say its faulty. it has to open up when you press lightly to release it.

And don't go hiding mobile phone headphones in there, they can get caught/jammed the cover...

luckily i got it out and is working again.

mate its probably faulty because ive got no problems in my zr6 as i jst got it 1 week ago and everything works. Get it checked out at toyota. İ say its faulty. it has to open up when you press lightly to release it.

Agree 100%, Get it looked at straight away before they can come up with any stupid excuses.

And don't go hiding mobile phone headphones in there, they can get caught/jammed the cover...

I bet something like this has happened with the black plastic cup holders being removed and not put back and the lid jammed shut on them in factory or predelivery.

Whats the bet???

I bet something like this has happened with the black plastic cup holders being removed and not put back and the lid jammed shut on them in factory or predelivery.

Whats the bet???

Who knows what really happened. As long as the cars new, toyota should take care of it instantly. İts only a cup holder cover, im sure its easy to fix. :)

Whats the bet???

Who knows what really happened. As long as the cars new, toyota should take care of it instantly. İts only a cup holder cover, im sure its easy to fix. :)

Well of course it sounds easy take the car in have a look order the parts take it back again u know all at no cost to me

• 4 weeks later...

Mine also has the same issue. I picked it up at the time of delivery and they had a techo come from the workshop and do the fonzie routine. Said they have had a few. Low and behold, 6 weeks down the track it is doing it again. Will be bringing it up at the first proper service. I have a feeling it is in need of a design tweek.

Same thing happened to me. I had the mobile phone headphone lead stuck behind the hing, but I'll get a bluetooth kit soon.

Adrian

Edited by Adrian

• 1 month later...

just got the dealer Bill Buckle to do the 1,000km service and they had a look at the faulty jammed shut front cupholders for me the ones that they didn't find in predelivery but i found with the salesman on pick up of the car.

Well they couldn't fix it and will order the parts in to fix it.

All warranty of course. Toyota will give us the parts and pay Bill Buckle to fit them but not for my time to mess around leaving them the car to fix.

One thing to remember when buying a new car if its not 100% on pick up leave it and walk away.

Tell them to fix it and give you a call when it is and maybe you might still be prepared to take the lemon off their hands for a handsome discount.

After you've paid it's all warranty work and everyone loses.

I think is's pretty safe to say the front cup holders jamming shut is an established known problem. One to look out for even in predelivery of a new car! Toyota will need to have a look at the problem and fix the design which is not robust enough or prone to jamming.

it will be interesting to see the new part and compare it to the old one and see where the problem stems and if new parts are going to fix it.

can't say it was abused in my case the damn thing never opened from km one.

• 2 weeks later...

OK got the front cup holder fixed at last. Bill buckle just put a new one in and all under warranty no charge.

It's quite useful but not so much as a cupholder really as the two in line front to back not side to side cupholders arent all that useful and the gear lever is in the way for the driver.

Not well thought through i think. A usefull storage bin all the same.

Anyway nice to have it at last after picking up the car 26th May and it being delivered and predelivered with the cupholder jammed shut it is pretty shabby that it took so long to fix.

Never believe the salesman when you check the car on pickup if he says don't worry we will fix that up at the 1,00km check. They won't!

What they will do is let you chase them.

Then want to see the car to order the right bit just to waste some more of your time.

Then order it in then send you NICE little letters giving you a week to pick up the part or they will send it back.

Then tell you you can't pick it up it has to be fitted by them and no they won't give you the old one back its needed for warranty.

Its fixed and but I am not over it am I?