Dropin' it

gravityfreak

Hey all,

Please s'cuse my ignorance here but this is all fairly new. I have always been a bike guy but the stivo's changed that a bit :D

I need to improve the cornering capabilities of my 'stivo and assume that droping it is the way to go?

I have no idea where to start......

First up i live in Sydney so names of good places to go to would be a good start.

Do I need shorter and harder springs only OR shorter harder springs AND new shocks or Same springs - new shocks?

I guess I want the best possible ballance between ride comfort (still important to me as I drive a lot for work) and cornering prowess. I also don't want to spend a fortune.

Thanks in advance.

GF

If you are willing to spend around $1500 - $1700 fitted take a look at whiteline. You get Koni Sport Shock's with adjustible damper settings and matched springs. Drops the car about 35mm. On Koni shocks the sportivo handles like a completly different car and will keep up with most performance cars on the twisty bits. The ride still remains pretty good too.

Although my setup is not whiteline I am running custom Koni's and the handling is great. Sits 40mm lower and looks fast even standing still. No trouble staying with my brothers type-r integra through the corners (in terms of corner speed) although his LSD lets him punch out of the corners better. Just can't beat having LSD.

Out of all my mods the Koni suspension is my favourite so far!

yes you can just lower it but its not good plus the stock shocks wont take it for long. The springs basically determine the ride height, the shocks are what makes it corner like a bitch so its worth the extra cash. My Koni's (shocks only) set me back $1200 fitted and you are looking at another $200-$300 for springs if you get it all done at the same time you can save yourself some labour charges

hey Ilivfor6, can you give me more information about your Koni shocks?

model No.

Serial.

where i can get it.

how much $$$ USD

thanks

i have mi TTE full suspension kit.(height adjustable)

it lower 50mm but it's come with a very hard damping setting.

very uncomfortable for my country...

thanks

i'll appreciated your ifnormation Ilivfor6

if you can change the springs and change the damper until it is right. most coilovers give you 10 different spring rates to choose from. it takes time but once you have found the sweet spot you should not have problems with your coilovers.

I guess I want the best possible ballance between ride comfort (still important to me as I drive a lot for work) and cornering prowess. I also don't want to spend a fortune.

go for the sportivo accessory springs but please check if they can be used for the stivo. it should give you what you are asking for. you have called this topic dropin it and if you are wanting looks too then you should get other springs because the sportivo accessory springs has very small drop visually.

model No.

Serial.

where i can get it.

how much $$$ USD

thanks

thanks

Mate what it costs in USD is not the same as here. In the US it would be cheaper even with exchange rate taken into consideration.

model No.

Serial.

where i can get it.

how much $$$ USD

thanks

thanks

Cannot give you a lot of info as it was left up to the workshop to do the best setup for my price point.

The Koni Shocks are custom made specifically for the Aussie Sportivo by koni to specifcations supplied by a workshop here who run corolla's in both national production car and rally classes. These guys have been the Toyota factory team for many, many years.

The springs were custom made by King Springs again to specifications supplied.

There is no Koni part number that I am aware of as Koni will only supply this part to them, and they were not too keen on supplying it to the shop doing my car. The owners of the shop who race with these guys had to ask & ask and call in favours until they agreed to share.

It took a while but was certainly worth it! Fitted the cost was $1750 Australian Dollars.

so interms of handling, your $1750 will handle better than say, Tein adjustable's which are $2500 rrp?

i like the sound of your package, only prob is that it is not height adjustable

Yeah I was not interested in height adjustible, just wanted the car setup right and then left alone. Playing with my suspension to suit my moods did not really interest me.

The way my car is setup now is how I wish it too stay so the money I saved by not doing Height adjustible has bought me my TOMS lighghtweight flywheel.

Now all I have to do is save for that LSD. Anyone got $2500 to donate to my Red Devil project ;)