FUEL

eddy_torrezz

hey guys im noticing that when my stivo is over half a tank to a full tank its runs like a dream has heaps of balls and pull and handels really well.

but when its under half a tank to near empty is doesnt seem to have as much go in it. handels rougher and gives me the s@#ts.

does anyone notice this aswell?

i wouldve thought that the less fuel the more go because its even lighter.

yeah, but which grade of premium..... 95RON or 98RON, regular unleaded in 91RON. 98RON in preferred the brands are listed above.... If you are smart, go for the Shell Optimax, that way you can get the best fuel and still get the 4c/L discount if you shop at Coles or Bi-Lo... B) :D :D

PS not sure if it will sort the problem out but give it a go and see....

thanks guys but since ived owned it i only use BP ultimate.

have used one other but not sure of name.

I WONT USE OPTIMAX its the sh@#est of the lot.

ive heard way to many storyies and seen a few first hand not very good fuel at all.

anyway ya missing the point its not the type of fuel im talking about its does it go harder full or near emty?

thats what im getting at mine seems to bog down an go like f@#$ when its full

but once im under half a tank seems to loose its edge

Hey eddy...i've noticed the same thing. i always give it a little once i've filled up and come out of the petrol station and it seems to go a little harder. seems the round shape of the new corrola responds well after it's had a full meal :P I think i'll call my s'tivo "budda" :lol:

i haven't really heard any stories about optimax. My friend who owns a twin turbo mitsu 3000 GTO swears by optimax. he's willing to drive out of his way to find a shell station for it so i guess it can't be that bad.

*off topic* those 3000GTO's are rockets on wheels. so much torque. i sat in his car when he punched it under boosts....wow! my intestines hit my spine. :blink:

yeah optimax is ****

most think its good but those who think that havnt usually tried others.

ive got a honda CBR and i always run it on BP ultimate because it gets huge problems when you use optimax.

ive spoken to a few performance mechs and racers and they reckon its got somthing to do with the fragments in it get caught and cause huge problems in the fuel lines or somthing.

its not as comon in cars but it has happened to a few people so i refuse to use it on that reansoning.

shell reckon they fixed the problem a few years ago but motorcyclists still refuse to use it because it costs big money to have the probs it causes fixed.

so being that the stivo is made by yamaha and is high performance high rev motor i wont use it.

ARGHH! i filled up the other day, noticed less than a day i was one bar below from the full mark, usually i fill up with optimax and the same results after 3 days..?!?

:( <_< :unsure:

noticed that the car sounds more louder... enigine...

Edited by iNdCeNt