headunit dimensions

hi everyone....

i just needed some help/advice/opinions/experiences!!!!

I want a jvc dvd avx33 as seen in link...but im not sure if it will fit in the rolla?

Can anyone help?

thankyou!!

link : http://www.jvc-australia.com/JVC/client/c_...&prodID=227

Edited by Miss Sexc CROlla

Din is 7 by 2 inches to my knowledge. That is the standard across the board irregardless of manufacturer. Forget where I obtained the info, but I was informed that the corolla single din dimensions were close to this.

The corolla space for a head unit is the same as everyone.

You will need spacers and a 1 din spacer. Normally people have a pocket, however I have seen some cd holder trays.

The space in the corolla is 2 din high, and wider than a din. You need plastic spacers.

The corolla space for a head unit is the same as everyone.

You will need spacers and a 1 din spacer. Normally people have a pocket, however I have seen some cd holder trays.

The space in the corolla is 2 din high, and wider than a din. You need plastic spacers.

Your awesomeness knows no bounds.

Here is a all in one unit.

Spacer and pocket

http://www.audiowarehouse.peachhost.com/ct_PR180946480.htm

http://www.euroroadster.com/articles/ShowA...oReplacment.xml

As the part numbers from Toyota.

86221 -52050 : Left hand spacer

86221 - 52060 : Right hand spacer

55521 -16030 : Tray / Storage slot

This is what they look like

http://www.euroroadster.com/images/articles/UKStereo11.jpg

Edited by fad

so (D) 162 x (W) 177 x (h) 50 mm will fit ...just need spacers? guessing these are provided by the installler? or u gota buy sep...

All stereos SHOULD be din standard or double DIN ... depends i purchased a screen and it had to go above the pocket i installed and some CD players with fold down face have to be placed in top pocket with blank space underneath Toyota side bits are pricy .... $40 for PLASTIC .... i got some but my new headunit doesn't need them .....

Very easy to install Headunit just use factory brackets after you remove the factory headunit

pocket from Autobarn ... fits Nice

Correct you are...

DIN stands for the German Institute for Standardisation (Deutsches Institut für Normung)... it's the German body responsible for standardised measurement as the name would suggest. Other things that they have introduced are the A4 paper system and the measurement for the coefficient of friction (I think the symbol for that is mu)

Anyways to answer my own question, DIN does stand for something :) so stop writing "din"!

Correct you are...

DIN stands for the German Institute for Standardisation (Deutsches Institut für Normung)... it's the German body responsible for standardised measurement as the name would suggest. Other things that they have introduced are the A4 paper system and the measurement for the coefficient of friction (I think the symbol for that is mu)

Anyways to answer my own question, DIN does stand for something :) so stop writing "din"!

din din din din din din din din din din din din din din din din din din din din din din din

din din din din din din din din din din din din din din din din din din din din din din din

• 2 months later...

Yes the jvc dvd avx33 will fit.

BTW i hope ur not paying retail. I recently got the KW-AVX800 for only $800 on ebay.

It works like a dream. The video is very nice and the sound quality is awesome.

And the best part is that it plays Divx videos too; also has SD card and USB ports :)

With the side spaces; I just went to JB Hi-Fi and asked for them, and they gave them to me for free! :D :D

Edited by DHC09

This is my first JVC. But havent heard much problems with them :rolleyes:

Getting it on ebay will be more of a hassel for returning, but getting repairs under warranty shouldnt be too much trouble, and can be done locally. Check with the seller first.

Think of the car having two "slots". ur single DIN will take up 1 "slot" and leave the other free/open. Double DIN HU will take up both "slots"

The stock HU is a double, therefore no free/open spaces. Hope this clears things up for u :idea:

I've installed the AVX33 into a Corolla before.

First off, don't bother buying it off Ebay. Trust me. If problems occur, you're screwed. These ebay guys won't answer you if you have any problems. Go into your closest JB-Hifi store and say "JB Hifi at XXX gave me a price of $770, can you do better?" That's how I always get heaps better prices than most people and it always works :)

Size wise, as most people have mentioned, it'll fit. However, you will still need side spacers and a single din size pocket to fill up the gaps.

To make things easier, just replace the word DIN with SIZE. Double size headunit and single size headunit.

BTW, moving this to Audio & Electronics section.

• 3 weeks later...

I have recently installed my audio system.

I bought everything from tower audio in melb except the 2 din headunit.

The guys were happy to installed it and the unit is 2 din DVD and fits perfectly inside the space.

I bought the headunit from Ebay and only cost me $1100 as opposed to $1400 cheapest from JB. $1699 RRP

Alpine DVD units seems to charge almost 50% more than Hong Kong and China.

I had no problems buying from Ebay, you just make sure who you buy from.

The guy I bought was happy to provide his mobile also.

The alpine units provide motorised interface so you can tilt it any angle you want.

I have my ipod video attached and bought an original Alpine Bluetooth module, which sync my mobile phone book!

The reception is clear and precise