What color should i paint my stock rims

jaderd

Hey all looking at painting my stock rims.....here is one color i reckon would look ok with my dark blue car ?

wheel2.JPG

its Duplicolor HWP102 = graphite ?

please give me millions of suggestions for color...or style...should i try leaving a "stock color"lip...ne trials ppl have been thinking of ?

or this color....is mentioned as Gunmetal...although the dude used Duplicolor so may just be same as above

RimsNoCaps1.jpg

or would the color of my car be ok....i dunno...would be too much the same then i think

This color...pretty similar....really need to see them on my color car....wish i knew how to play with photoshop...or even had it :(...ne one bored and wanna try for me :)

DSC00005a.jpg

This color...pretty similar....really need to see them on my color car....wish i knew how to play with photoshop...or even had it :(...ne one bored and wanna try for me :)

PM me sir.

I'm single again, a muso and have f/a to do at nights besides writing.

HOORAH!

ne one wanna play Mr photo shop for me.....any suggestions in colors welcome....also caliper color .....i was thinking calipers the color of car to tie in or red to tie in with sportivo and trd badges (only badges on car are 2 side sportivos, sportivo and TRD on left side of hatch and two toyota emblems (painted color of car)....

cheers all

First pic is my car....second s one of TOCAU gallery

Bronze coloured stock rims with red calipers would look hot on a blue Rolla.

yeah i agree, thats the way im leaning at teh moment , badboyz is doing a bit of photoshop experimenting for me over next few days....see what it looks like with some diff combinations...

mmmm they look nice.....dont know that i can afford to purchase rims but i reckon the color of them .....or close to painted onto my standard rims...with the red calipers would look good ....ya reckon .....pretty sure will go bronze.....but prob not for a month....aint even got a hundred spare atmo to throw around for paint etc :(

a nice matt bronze colour is hard to find unless u go with powdercoating.

if you lucky you will run into Dupli colour bronze wheel paint i ran into it at autopro once but i already went with black.

Black is easiest!

1copyms7.jpg

just to give u a rough idea, if u want a more clearer version send me a bigger sized photo of ur car.

The black will go with your foggies and your eyelids, if you had the black headlight and lip it would compliment it even more :P and it will look similar to my car hahah!

cheers.

red callipers look to ordinary go with aqua blue black or bronze

Edited by vyets

Thanx for efforts guys....here is higher quality larger image version to try on....also could you leave the car at stock height....as i prob will not be loweriing it for a while....maybe even till warranty is over....although imj not that worried about suspension related warranty issues, its the CAI iwant :) but dont wanna void warranty on engine related issues.

Also like the black now have seen it, you are right, maybe calipers color of car, as badges will be color of car too (front and rear emblems) and the black rims tie in with what you mentioned

cheers

Hey had a quick play, dont have photo shop...good old paint lol...here is mine...stock height.....blue color calipers...front emblem color of car.....vvtli taken off and the balck rims.....what you think....cos will be at stock height for a bit....

cheers

That just shows if you're gonna paint your calipers it MUST be red, SO good

spot on mate, daviboy thanx for the photoshopping, painting calipers tomoz as long weekend, can leave car for an extra day ensure dry, cheers.............def painting red ......and i like the rim color......looks quite good....and doesnt look that bad at stock height....

on a different note, at moment ive got my mudflaps, both toyota emblems, engine cover and fuse box cover in shed with the 5th coat of color (8p4, car color) drying ready for one last coat before clear......so whole car will be blue....sportivo badges and trd badge red, calipers will now become red and wheels to happen soon.....prob thecolor daviboy photoshopped.....blends with car alot better than a bronze...ive always liked the color of northy's buddy clubs...that sort of graphite grey color

cheers