twin exhaust or 02 3lt v6

chocolatemoose

on youtube a while ago i saw a guy with a 98 or 99 v6 camry " in the states". with a twin exaust system .. like a custom y pipe and 2nd muffler... the extra distance the 2nd pipe made the gass;s go made almost a lag sound... like.. a v12... it sounded really propper and nice :)

anyone here done a twin set up or knows how it could be done?

cookie

P:s heres the vid http://youtube.com/watch?v=Es1UZIVFSl4

Edited by chocolatemoose

on youtube a while ago i saw a guy with a 98 or 99 v6 camry " in the states". with a twin exaust system .. like a custom y pipe and 2nd muffler... the extra distance the 2nd pipe made the gass;s go made almost a lag sound... like.. a v12... it sounded really propper and nice :)

anyone here done a twin set up or knows how it could be done?

cookie

P:s heres the vid http://youtube.com/watch?v=Es1UZIVFSl4

no, but i've got the Borla Exhaust (exactly the same as the TRD exhaust and weighs 50% lighter) on my 98 Camry. Sounds like a nissan 350z.

there is no point of adding an extra muffler, only for cosmetic. performance-wise you will not gain anything from it other than adding extra weight :spiteful:

definately will look nice with dual exhaust on a camry, but with the stock bumper don't think it will look that great.

i own a 1991 camry sv21,

and i have a duel exhaust set up complaments of 'Mountain Muffler' Katoomba

it consists of my genie extractors threw the cat upto a hot dog and continues just behind the back wheels where it splits into 2 threw 2 more hot dogs one each side then exits the back of my car the seze is two'n a quarter all the way up to where it spits to two tips where it goes to 3' tips where i have welded on chrome 4' tips looks wicked and sounds very loud with slight increase in top end

i am always being asked and complemented about the set up..

• 3 weeks later...
y dont u chuck an M3 style... twin tips dual muffler... it'll look heaps good on a sedan... but might not suite as well on a stock rear bar...

TTE do a nice twin tip muffler for the 36 series Camry unfortunately nothing for the earlier models (see link http://www.tte.de/silencer.htm)