what is your favourite coilover suspension

trd

BANG FOR BUCK coilover suspension  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

after last few days discussion with a lot of peoples here. i am thinking that which coilover suspension would be the best bang for buckand it would be the time to vote for your favourite coilover suspension. i have put some brand i recon would be the best bet for rolla. if i miss any brands, just bring it on.

i am newbie on this type of poll post. anything wrong, correct me.

TRD :yahoo:

Edited by M_M

maybe change tein ss to sw (superwagon) cuz u cant get ss for the zze12X corolla.

No that is incorrect. We are able to get TEIN SS but in jap spec not aus spec. Im just guessn the spring rates and valving are harder. I just downloaded the catalogue it says ZZE122G so it must also fit ZZE123 as well. Like all the other coilovers

G4, D2, K-Sport and some other brands are variants of the same makes just different labeling.

When one brand changes its model, the other brand follows suits.

Speaking about D2, I was told they are now discontinued.

Oh time to vote. On that list, Cusco Zero is the best.

replies and votes made are based on what people has experienced.

Very limited people have driven or used as a daily driver on different setups.

On a personal note, most of the taiwanese brands may have the same casing (i.e. G4s, D2 etc etc) they have very different strut inserts and spring rates readily available.

Regardless of what brand, the approach would be to understand what it is you want your car to do and make the splash with the one you can afford.

there's not much point comparing a $900 taiwanese job to a $3k JDM setup, where in actual fact the taiwanese setup might be better suited for your needs.

maybe change tein ss to sw (superwagon) cuz u cant get ss for the zze12X corolla.

No that is incorrect. We are able to get TEIN SS but in jap spec not aus spec. Im just guessn the spring rates and valving are harder. I just downloaded the catalogue it says ZZE122G so it must also fit ZZE123 as well. Like all the other coilovers

I have only known about the us model SS (whether it fits i'm not sure, I know the bolt holes on the bottom of the front coilovers for the matrix are bigger, so you cant fit them properly, never heard about the japanese, although there was an aus car parts site with ss listed for the jap zze122G, I emailed them and i was told that it was a mistake and only the wagons are avaiable.

On the list to vote I went with the Cusco's as they are the only set of coilovers that I have fitted where everything fits nice and easy and has correct brackets for the brake lines etc etc the same as the stock strut.

But if the list included Drummond motorsport coilovers then that would be the one i would choose. Yes very expensive but custom made to suit your car is the only way to go!!!

Proflex suspension is another one but I doubt many people from here would have hard of them nor would pay what their worth. We have them fitted on one of our customers Rally Civic's. They have a 50mm strut shaft and cost just on $1500 a corner!!! Their motto is "If you bend one of our struts then your car is stuffed".

Everyone has a different opinion of what "too stiff" is. Northy's car handles great but for me is "too stiff" for everyday driving. But he loves it and after all it's his car so it's up to him. I prefer to have a firm ride where you can feel the road undulations under you but it's not bone jarring or to the point of being harsh and uncomfortable.

It's prettty hard to have a softish ride and still have it handle like it's on rails.....