Azza's Latest Dyno Reading

Hey guys,

Just got home from Mercury Motorsport after having a run on the Dyno. Thanks to the boys there for hooking me up....

Enjoy!!!! :P

gallery_421_19_162408.jpg

Nice one mate. :toast: Just goes to show that the right parts combined yield the quality results. ;) Your last dyno run was 111.5kw and that was stock right?? That's nearly a 10kw gain from TRD CAI and CES exhaust!!! How much more torque have you got lower in the rev range now!! Told you it would be heaps nicer to drive. :clap: Good to see Mercury's dyno figures are very similiar to that of CES' dyno. B)

Ok azza time to crunch some numbers. Your stock run of 111.5 was done at CES so that means it truely was about 105kw's if you did the run on a "PROPER" dyno.

Now minus the 5kw loss because your running a CES exhaust that gets you to 100kw's

Now add the 21.1kw gain because of the kebab performance endorsed trd CAI and you get your 121.1kw's so yep this sounds about right.

Now if you come see us at kebab performance we'll hook you up with a proper kebab performance endorsed CES exhaust and you'll be pushing 130+kw's ;-) ;-) ;-) let me know mate and we'll hook you up

Ok azza time to crunch some numbers. Your stock run of 111.5 was done at CES so that means it truely was about 105kw's if you did the run on a "PROPER" dyno.

Now minus the 5kw loss because your running a CES exhaust that gets you to 100kw's

Now add the 21.1kw gain because of the kebab performance endorsed trd CAI and you get your 121.1kw's so yep this sounds about right.

Now if you come see us at kebab performance we'll hook you up with a proper kebab performance endorsed CES exhaust and you'll be pushing 130+kw's ;-) ;-) ;-) let me know mate and we'll hook you up

buy the sounds of things all Kebab Performance is good for are endorsement stickers......they really do SFA.....very nice number there mate :yahoo:

Is now the best time to 'fess' up and let you know that I helped my run by re-doing the red console lights...... :P :P :P

buy the sounds of things all Kebab Performance is good for are endorsement stickers......they really do SFA.....very nice number there mate :yahoo:

since you are not well versed in the parts from kebab performance corey i will pardon your ignorance this time around :P :P :P but to educate you will do us all a world of good. A small endorsement provides gains of 8kw's and a large endorsement provides gains of 20kw's now don't make this mistake again you have now been educated :P :P :P

nice figures mate...

but what does a dyno sheet really prove....

id like to see your quarter mile pass with the new mods...

i think that is the only true test of how well your mods are working.

peace

pecks

nice figures mate...

peace

pecks

u better watch out pecks .... now u've gone and done it ..... u've mentioned the fact that the dyno sheet doesnt prove anything ..... you'll have the figure chasers on ur a.s.s. now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nice figures mate...

peace

pecks

my car stock 104.5kws atw

injen cai k&n extreme filter + ces exhaust system 111.5kws

us guys down melb have like a 10kw difference. :angry:

nice figures mate...

peace

pecks

mmmm, considering the same driver on the same night with the same mods can get up to 1 or 2 seconds difference isn't really a testament on how the mods go.....unless you could nail the same pass every run

I had 111kW atw stock......but mine was always considered freaky....cause few of the other stocko's here in QLD at the time were reading 5-8 under mine....

Still, all being said and done, 7kW fron intake and ehxaust is still nothing to sneeze at....

Still, all being said and done, 7kW fron intake and ehxaust is still nothing to sneeze at....

Also, that is peak power, what about the rest of the curve.

If you can get me or Wei Wei to drive your car is that a mod?

Edited by SuperDave

nice figures mate...

peace

pecks

and its cooler weather in melb ...... so the car will run better ..... just imagine if u guys dyno'ed in qld ..... u would b 20kw down :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

no, if Corey, SB, Bill, etc, then that is a mod....you and Wei Wei are just users. ahahahahahahaha PS: Hows your tool.... ???? :P

and its cooler weather in melb ...... so the car will run better ..... just imagine if u guys dyno'ed in qld ..... u would b 20kw down :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Here in Qld, it's so hot we can toast your fully tasty kebab on my engine cover :P

no, if Corey, SB, Bill, etc, then that is a mod....you and Wei Wei are just users. ahahahahahahaha PS: Hows your tool.... ???? :P

Sitting a little to the left.

When your up for a Wednesday test n' tune I wouldn't mind going out to see what difference the suspension makes. And AZN Dave wouldn't mind benchmarking his car.

mmmm, considering the same driver on the same night with the same mods can get up to 1 or 2 seconds difference isn't really a testament on how the mods go.....unless you could nail the same pass every run

Actually, you'll notice that even if you stuffup the launch etc your MPH will still be within 1-2mph between all your runs on the night. The MPH is the best indication of your power for the weight of the vehicle etc.

I've had runs which have varied as much as 2 seconds in the same car due to missed shifts etc, but MPH has always been within 1 mph between 6-9 consecutive runs. Done this in my golf, 20V rolla, chaser, turbo rolla etc etc.

State of Origin nights are always a good night to head to Willowbank, last year I got 12 runs in a row before 7:30pm, none of the awful hour long waits in line.

yep, was thinking about taking my wagon out to get some times. From memory Wei Wei was at the drags last year on state of origin night with us, was a good night.

I had 111kW atw stock......but mine was always considered freaky....cause few of the other stocko's here in QLD at the time were reading 5-8 under mine....

i guess so :rolleyes: