changing gear problem

hey guys...

I would like to know if u guys has had this problem with your rolla stivos.

When im reversing and then change the gear to 1st, it sumtimes feels like it doesnt want to go in and i sort of have to force it to go 1st gear. It feels like im crunching it. This also happens when im at the lights and tried to go 1st frm nuetral. Its very frustrating!! :angry:

Sumtimes 2nd gear does the same thing too!! Is this a gearbox problem? Or is the clutch jst not catching on?

but like i said, it SUMTIMES happens.

Any ideas? :idea:

thanks...

hey guys...

I would like to know if u guys has had this problem with your rolla stivos.

When im reversing and then change the gear to 1st, it sumtimes feels like it doesnt want to go in and i sort of have to force it to go 1st gear. It feels like im crunching it. This also happens when im at the lights and tried to go 1st frm nuetral. Its very frustrating!! :angry:

Sumtimes 2nd gear does the same thing too!! Is this a gearbox problem? Or is the clutch jst not catching on?

but like i said, it SUMTIMES happens.

Any ideas? :idea:

thanks...

Word...

Me 2... :unsure:

:help: :help: :help:

yeah mine is the same....i have had the clutch adjustment done and car feels like a new one...although into first and reverse can be annoying sometimes...to get clean changes into revers i always go into first; first and then into reverse....as for getting into first standing still and at slow speed it can sometimes be quite tight and feels like your forcing it...although no feeling of grinding though....im pretty sure the sportivos have got a "gate" in them which closes off first over a certain speed or rev so that you cant slam down into it at high speed or high revs (ppl with more knowledge please comment/confirm). This gate may be the reason why sometimes tight if going back to first at like 10 - 15kmh or so...im not worried about it.....the feeling of forcing it doesnt feel like a grinding feeling..more like a "popping" it into gear feel once you push it when its tight.......hope this helps a lttle

cheers

It's a method used for rev-matching and protecting syncro's upon down-shift...

Double clutch

Clutch in -> Pop gear out into neutral -> Clutch out -> "Blip" accelerator -> Clutch in -> Select gear

In the context of this thread it can be used when reverse gear or 1st doesn't want to engage (when you're stationary).

Or FYI the cheaters' method, Simple rev-matching

Clutch in -> Pop gear out and -> "Blip" with clutch still in -> Select gear

Same noise but doesn't help syncro's

^_^

Edited by Tayles

It's a method used for rev-matching and protecting syncro's upon down-shift...

Double clutch

Clutch in -> Pop gear out into neutral -> Clutch out -> "Blip" accelerator -> Clutch in -> Select gear

In the context of this thread it can be used when reverse gear or 1st doesn't want to engage (when you're stationary).

Or FYI the cheaters' method, Simple rev-matching

Clutch in -> Pop gear out and -> "Blip" with clutch still in -> Select gear

Same noise but doesn't help syncro's

^_^

Coolz...Thanks so much...lolz sucha Noob at driving I am...lolz :spiteful: :spiteful:

Lol no worries dude give it a try next time you can't get into 1st or R.

Also give it a go on down-shifting but make sure there are no cars in front while you're trying ;)

Practice makes pro!!!

Also, Heel-toe manouvre,

Position right foot horizontally so the big toe is on the brake and the right edge of the heel of your shoe is on the edge of the accelerator pedal ready for "Blip"-time (easy if you have race pedals). You can perform either of the things I outlined above whilst braking SIMULTANEOUSLY with your big toe.

Try heel-toe-double-clutching :spiteful:

Soccer skills help :clap:

Edit: here's a good heel-toe accelerator pedal

acc1.JPG

Another example http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/howto/art...92/article.html

Edited by Tayles

Lol no worries dude give it a try next time you can't get into 1st or R.

Also give it a go on down-shifting but make sure there are no cars in front while you're trying ;)

Practice makes pro!!!

Also, Heel-toe manouvre,

Position right foot horizontally so the big toe is on the brake and the right edge of the heel of your shoe is on the edge of the accelerator pedal ready for "Blip"-time (easy if you have race pedals). You can perform either of the things I outlined above whilst braking SIMULTANEOUSLY with your big toe.

Try heel-toe-double-clutching :spiteful:

Soccer skills help :clap:

Edit: here's a good heel-toe accelerator pedal

acc1.JPG

Another example http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/howto/art...92/article.html

i tend to use the outer side of my right foot to 'blip' instead of my heel :unsure:

yeah,remember to do it while no one's around, if u doing it for the first few times, your right foot wont listen to u as well as u think at first....well... for me anyway :blink:

i tend to use the outer side of my right foot to 'blip' instead of my heel :unsure:

yeah,remember to do it while no one's around, if u doing it for the first few times, your right foot wont listen to u as well as u think at first....well... for me anyway :blink:

I also use the outerside of the right foot to do it as it feels naturally more comfortable, but sometimes the foot slips off the brake or blip too much. I think the heel toe method is more suited to the track when you need to be heavy on the brakes.

I also use the outerside of the right foot to do it as it feels naturally more comfortable, but sometimes the foot slips off the brake or blip too much. I think the heel toe method is more suited to the track when you need to be heavy on the brakes.

i think everyone does it a different way, but no matter what its still called the 'heel and toe' method.

even race car drivers cant turn there feet horizontal in the car, so im pretty sure everyone uses part of the side of their foot

Yeah same, I just roll the ankle over to hit the accl. But as micky said, still called heel-toe. Depends how wide your shoe is, lol