Lowering a 03 Sportivo

Lucky_Luke

Hey everyone,

I considering lowering my 03 sportivo using king spring lows. looking for that 35mm drop.. which i believe the right part #s are

KTFL105 and KTFL106

I've been searching all over this forum reading the million and one posts trying find a direct comparison of the spring heights but cant seem find what i'm looking for...

My question is for all you knowledgeable ground huggers....

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the sportivo springs were 25mm lower that a standard corolla?

and if so is the claimed 35mm king spring drop related to the standard corolla height or the sportivo height?? or are there different spring part numbers for the sportivo and standard rolla? :unsure:

Cheers, L.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the sportivo springs were 25mm lower that a standard corolla?

This is incorrect. In fact, the Sportivo's are about 5mm higher than the ZZE122 cars.

There was a "Sportivo" option spring sold by Toyota as a genuine accessory - I don't think they dropped the car as much as 25mm but I think it was a round 10mm (IZZ-FE is your man to talk to on that subject). You may be getting confused with the OEM springs out of a ZZE123 Sportivo and the "Sportivo" option accessory for the ZZE122 cars.

Regardless of that, you can't go wrong with King Spring lows. They will make a nice noticable difference, hundreds of happy members here ride on King lows. Go through the member's rides and shoot somebody a PM or just take a look at their pics, should give you a good indication on the heights :)

P.S. The King Springs are the same part # regardless of ZZE123/122

P.P.S. Some cars with KS lows

IMG_0251.jpg

DSC04197.jpg

Edited by Tayles

Thanks for the details Tayles...

And thanks for the input guys.. I've recently put 18x7.5 wheels on so i'm pretty sure i cant use the super dooper lowws :( with out having to worry about scrubbing.. which i dont really...

doh... it does look nice thoughh.. :clap: those actually look pretty low just for lows..

I will do some more detailed searching on the memb rides!

Thanks again everyone!

L.

Stock Sportivo actually sits higher than an Ascent by about 15 odd mm. If you want it to sit level then put Kings Lows in the front and then put super lows in the rear. I've been doing some R&D for them for the last couple of month or so and putting super lows in the rear makes the car sit within 5mm of being level and changes the way the car handles as well. Very nice indeed when combined with Koni's, front strut and rear sway.

Thanks everyone...

yeah micks is pimpiiiin B)

For the mo i'll prob consider just the lows, i'm really worried about scrubbing with the 18x7.5s.. and didnt really have to worry about it.. i imagine from what i've been reading the lows shouldnt give me too many problems... I wish there was more Adelaidieans on here with mods that I could check out...

I'll get a quote in the next week or so.. i'd do the install myself ..go DIY :yahoo: ..

how much for the super low springs alone would be a good price? from other topics i've been seeing $300iiish... but i think those were for super lows

I'll soon find out whether my 'mate' really is giving me good prices ... <_<

L.

Thanks everyone...

yeah micks is pimpiiiin B)

For the mo i'll prob consider just the lows, i'm really worried about scrubbing with the 18x7.5s.. and didnt really have to worry about it.. i imagine from what i've been reading the lows shouldnt give me too many problems... I wish there was more Adelaidieans on here with mods that I could check out...

I'll get a quote in the next week or so.. i'd do the install myself ..go DIY :yahoo: ..

how much for the super low springs alone would be a good price? from other topics i've been seeing $300iiish... but i think those were for super lows

I'll soon find out whether my 'mate' really is giving me good prices ... <_<

L.

Lows and super lows are the same price. Pm me with your mates price and I'll soon tell if it's good or not....

• 3 weeks later...
Stock Sportivo actually sits higher than an Ascent by about 15 odd mm. If you want it to sit level then put Kings Lows in the front and then put super lows in the rear. I've been doing some R&D for them for the last couple of month or so and putting super lows in the rear makes the car sit within 5mm of being level and changes the way the car handles as well. Very nice indeed when combined with Koni's, front strut and rear sway.

Sorry to hijack your thread Luke .... :ph34r:

I have a question for Silvabullit.

Are there any advantages of getting Kings low in the front and super low in the back if I am on stock rims and stock shocks with front strut and rear sway ?

Hmmm my opinion is to get coilover kit or shocks and springs together. Based on my previous, I had kings with standard shocks. After 2 years of hard driving, the shocks are leaking with oil and I had to get konis to replace them.

Coilover kit will give u the comfort and ride height you want.

• 3 months later...
have you had the car corner weighted will all the different combinations?

lows front and rear

lows front and supers rear

supers from and rear?

:lol: hell no I was just repeating what Silva said

If you want it to sit level then put Kings Lows in the front and then put super lows in the rear. I've been doing some R&D for them for the last couple of month or so and putting super lows in the rear makes the car sit within 5mm of being level and changes the way the car handles as well. Very nice indeed when combined with Koni's, front strut and rear sway.

well maybe someone should look into the balance of the vehicle with the different spring combinations and see the reasoning behind the spring design ;) not everything is about looks... but then again, I doubt Kings would have put that much time into it either :P

• 3 weeks later...
well maybe someone should look into the balance of the vehicle with the different spring combinations and see the reasoning behind the spring design ;) not everything is about looks... but then again, I doubt Kings would have put that much time into it either :P

Dylan by putting the super lows in the rear with the spring itself having a slightly heavier rate it controls the rear better on bump and stops the rear of the car getting untidy on mid corner bumps that would have normally upset the car and caused substantial oversteer. The bonus of having the car sit level is that you also eliminate the massive weight transfer to the outside front wheel during heavy cornering which also can result in understeer due to the bum of the car sitting up so high.

By doing this on my car it handles 100%better and when you corner hard the rear follows where ever you point the front. It no longer has a mind of it's own and does it's own thing.

If you want a front wheel drive car to handle well you stiffen up the rear within reason and leave the front relatively soft so as to keep the wheels on the ground and not loose traction. I only ever set the koni's on the front to jut under 3/4 to hard and that's more than enough. the only other mads I had were front strut brace and a heavier rear sway. both of these certainly added to the car's handling improvements and made it a real easy car to drive fast.